Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why lowbie PVP > 50 PVP for fun factor.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why lowbie PVP > 50 PVP for fun factor.

ArchangelLBC
01.23.2013 , 01:12 AM | #1
9/10 sorcs/sages aren't using bubble stuns in lowbies.

Sorry if this is obvious, but having my sent go from the lowbie bracket to the 50 bracket, even when dinging into full (admittedly stock) vindicator's gear made this abundantly obvious. Twinks almost make sense to me now.

I mean you can still get burned down in minutes by good teams, pugs are still often very bad, but take away the bubble stuns and life seems so much better.

Oh I guess there's also the issue that you rarely face the same team, or get the same team, over and over if you just keep queuing. I have to admit that aspect is pretty nice too.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Spoletta
01.23.2013 , 01:27 AM | #2
lvl 1-49 is in my opinion even more unbalanced than 50. You just have to look for different things. Once i faced a team with 5 Pyrotech, there wasn't even a game. If that was at 50 it would have been an hard game but there would still be a chance, but at lvl 1-49 they kill even faster and many don't have their defensive CD.

Merras
01.23.2013 , 04:21 AM | #3
Not just bubble stuns.

I have two low lvl characters around lvl20 and even the lvl49 enemies can be killed with them. Gap between lvl20 and lvl49 is smaller then a WH vs. EWH gear in lvl50. This is the problem. Gear gap.

In EWH there is a good chance with some classes to onehit / twohit / threehit people which completely ruins the experience for the victims. In 10-49 bracket this is not an issue. Some good assasins maybe have the chance to kill somebody with 3 hits but this is rare.

Smashers also have limited power in 10-49 compared to 50.

So on, so on... I think we can expand the list for a long time.

LVl10-49 seems more balanced than lvl50 and lot of people enjoys more because of it.

Keypek
01.23.2013 , 09:54 AM | #4
Depends on the group you get. The ratio of people who have no idea what they are doing and lack of communication is greater then at 50. Some matchs are really fun and then the next you'll be grouped with 6 or 7 people who are level 10-15 and I'm assuming f2p and people constantly leaving nodes or doors undefended. Way to often I'll have 200k plus damage and no one else will be over 50k in any category lol. Very frustrating.... just a different kind then at 50.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
Vanguard dps for nim progression. 55s=1 of everything.
Undercon__ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Spoletta
01.23.2013 , 09:58 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post

I have two low lvl characters around lvl20 and even the lvl49 enemies can be killed with them. Gap between lvl20 and lvl49 is smaller then a WH vs. EWH gear in lvl50. This is the problem. Gear gap.
Please tell me you are not serious. Where were you during the BM vs WH?

cycao
01.23.2013 , 09:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
Not just bubble stuns.

In EWH there is a good chance with some classes to onehit / twohit / threehit people which completely ruins the experience for the victims. In 10-49 bracket this is not an issue. Some good assasins maybe have the chance to kill somebody with 3 hits but this is rare.

Smashers also have limited power in 10-49 compared to 50.

So on, so on... I think we can expand the list for a long time.

LVl10-49 seems more balanced than lvl50 and lot of people enjoys more because of it.
While it is true a level 20 can kill a 49 (I have done it) it usually means that higher level toon was just, bad. 10-49 is an unbalanced joke. No gear gap? Gear is as big in 10-49 as it is in the 50's. 10-49 sucks as a higher level toon will be a wrecking ball in the hands of someone who knows how to play it. Most classes don't come together until late 30's and when they start getting their tools it just becomes so much easier over a level 15 who has like 3 buttons they spam over and over until they run out of resources.

If I had it my way I would never set foot in a low level warzone but given the fact that you need to max out comms that's just not possible.

savionen
01.23.2013 , 10:05 AM | #7
45+ twinks can be rough, but still, the worst scenario in 10-49 PvP is you'll get killed in 8-10 seconds if it's 1vs1. Instead of 3-4 shotted in the 50 bracket. A skilled level 15 player can also potentially take out 40+ characters. Hard to say that about a fresh 50 against EWM gear. The difference is simply too high.

KruelhandJorb
01.23.2013 , 10:06 AM | #8
I always have a lowbee toon on the PVP grind because I find it's really fun and more challenging in some ways, yet easier in others.

Firstly, depending on your class it's harder to do your job when you don't have all your abilities. Typically until your 30s it's hard to have 'a build' or anything like that... you have a handful of abilities, enough to heal or dps or tank but really not many. Once you're in your 40's you essentially have the tools you do at 50 except for your top skill which in most cases isn't that special.

the big difference is most people tend to just death match, more so then 50 pvp imo... people want to go out there on their lvl 40 rage jug and smash the level 15s to oblivion not caring about the ball or guarding nodes... which to me is really funny because I currently play a Scoundrel scrapper and reck anyone 1v1 and often 2v1 but I tend to hang out in the endzone for goals in huttball and we win a lot of then 6-0 which I find to be a lot of fun.

I leveled my commando to 50 through class quest and PvP and a little bit of FPs and loved it in PvP. I leveled my Juggernaught through PvE and didn't have as much fun. Lowbee PVP is a lot of fun... but dealing with twinks can be just as annoying, in fact more so then having to run against a bunch of EWH players waiting for their rated team to come on.
Conqueror Nowuc Saberward - Jedi Sentinel - The Bastion

Xerain
01.23.2013 , 10:10 AM | #9
The only way lowbie pvp is fun is if you're twinked and have like 6-8k more hp than everyone else and 2-3 shot them. That doesn't make the pvp better than 50 people just because you're too lazy to grind out your gear to be on the top tier.

savionen
01.23.2013 , 10:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
The only way lowbie pvp is fun is if you're twinked and have like 6-8k more hp than everyone else and 2-3 shot them. That doesn't make the pvp better than 50 people just because you're too lazy to grind out your gear to be on the top tier.
That sounds like the opposite of fun.