Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Defensive Cooldown for Sorcerer/Sage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Defensive Cooldown for Sorcerer/Sage

-IceHawk-
01.23.2013 , 11:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Stop facetanking stuff. Defensive cool down right there.
Considering how mobile Marauders are why don't we remove their defensive cool downs?

They should be fine so long as they don't face tank either, just hit and run like a Madness Sorc...

Whitering
01.23.2013 , 11:06 AM | #12
I just finished watching a series of vids showing off how sexy and wonderful sorcs/sages are (in the sage forum), I kind of loled when I saw this topic.

Xerain
01.23.2013 , 11:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Considering how mobile Marauders are why don't we remove their defensive cool downs?

They should be fine so long as they don't face tank either, just hit and run like a Madness Sorc...
1 gap closer on a 15 second cool down? Totes mobile.

NogueiraA
01.23.2013 , 11:16 AM | #14
Sorcs can instant root and run away..
Sorcs can bubble yourself (if specced stuns the target)
Sorcs has 8sec mezz
Sorcs has 4sec stun
Sorcs has slow
Sorcs has force speed
Sorcs has slow on force lightining
Sorcs has instant self heal
Sorcs has knockback (if specced 5sec root)

Really, I think you need L2P because a good sorc can kill a melee with no problem.

SEANeD
01.23.2013 , 11:21 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Sorcs can bubble yourself.
Sorcs has 8sec mezz
Sorcs has 4sec stun
Sorcs has slow
Sorcs has force speed

Really, I think you need L2P because a good sorc can kill a melee just using these tricks.
A good sorc can beat a melee, but like i said earlier, there is never just one smasher on a sorc. Ive had games where 3 sentinels and 1 gunslinger would leave their targets and focus me. Even if it meant leaving the door in a voidstar they chased me everywhere for as long as it took.

Xerain
01.23.2013 , 11:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
A good sorc can beat a melee, but like i said earlier, there is never just one smasher on a sorc. Ive had games where 3 sentinels and 1 gunslinger would leave their targets and focus me. Even if it meant leaving the door in a voidstar they chased me everywhere for as long as it took.
oh so the class should be balanced around sorc/sage vs 2+ encounters. I see.

LuciferinDNA
01.23.2013 , 11:30 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
Thoughts?
The company sh*th on class balance, and adding new skills.
Try to suggest that an existing armor, should be sold in the cartel market! It will go true.
Tythonian lvl55 Sage Chlorianhost lvl50 Sage Realpill lvl55 Scoundrel Biologin lvl55 Commando DNA lvl55 Shadow Tardigrade lvl47 Vanguard
Tomb of Freedon Nadd ORBIT Legacy

SEANeD
01.23.2013 , 11:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
oh so the class should be balanced around sorc/sage vs 2+ encounters. I see.
I'm not saying that. Sorcs are the only class to run into these situations bc they have light armor and take the biggest hits. It's the appeal of hitting sorcs so ppl can get big hits. Also marauders shouldn't be complaining on this page bc you guys have everything.

MusicRider
01.23.2013 , 11:36 AM | #19
Better post in another thread discussing wished changes for 1.7. Still my 2 cents.

A few things to help the survivability of dps sages are:
1. Remove the bubble stun and take it back to mezz. Please if it is not too much to ask for move it in tier 1 balance? Thanks.
2. Knockback to have a bigger knockback distance. A smasher is still in a position after the knockback to scream/dispatch.
3. Knockback roots target for x seconds.
4. Egress on force speed by default (sages only).
5. An instant/basic attack to give a fighting chance against powertechs who at 15m blast you to pieces.

I am aware some of these are skills in tk tree. So give them by default to all and add new skills that fix the tk tree so it is a perfectly viable option for competitive games.

New ability? Force jumb yoda/palpatine style as shown in their duel: Either a) Jumps 20-30m away from current position (if that's ok please?:P) or b) jumps back to your initial position if you are pulled/harpooned. Without the bubble stun which totally takes the fun away there must be some counter-mechanism to gang-attacks, especially for the weakest armor class and even more when other classes have such abilities in terms of stealth. Together with a rooted/longer knockback these two abilities are perfect to counter coordinate attacks.Does this ability makes sages (over)powered for hutball? Probably, but there are cooldowns, it can be on double time than a 45sec harpoon if I recall well.

MusicRider
01.23.2013 , 11:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Sorcs can bubble yourself (if specced stuns the target)
Sorcs has 8sec mezz
Sorcs has 4sec stun
Sorcs has slow
Sorcs has force speed
Sorcs has knockback (if specced 5sec root)

Really, I think you need L2P because a good sorc can kill a melee with no problem.
I agree. There is no problem at all and it is a piece of cake. Even if you mess up one rotation it's ok, you can still recover. Vanguards/Powertechs are sages expertie, I think sages where made to counter this class in fact. And this is why sages and sorcerers are well known for being the best guards of turrets and this is why everyone trusts them and it is so common.