Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the point of MVP points ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What's the point of MVP points ?

Darth__Carnal
01.22.2013 , 08:18 AM | #1
What I originally thought was an excellent idea and something that separated TOR from other MMO games appears to be of little to no use at all. I was under the impression that it would unlock some sort of new vanity gear, vehicle, or provide a new title, if you got X number of MVP points, instead nothing.

Can anyone tell me what is the point of having MVP points ?

As far as I can tell, it's another wasted opportunity for this game.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

Aramyth
01.22.2013 , 08:22 AM | #2
You get more Valor/Experience/Comms for every vote you get.

Siorac
01.22.2013 , 08:23 AM | #3
They need to stay relatively insignificant. The current system works just fine.

Reaperdav
01.22.2013 , 09:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post
What I originally thought was an excellent idea and something that separated TOR from other MMO games appears to be of little to no use at all. I was under the impression that it would unlock some sort of new vanity gear, vehicle, or provide a new title, if you got X number of MVP points, instead nothing.

That's a GREAT idea! They should do that.

Wainamoinen
01.22.2013 , 09:39 AM | #5
You get 1 extra warzone comm per MVP vote, so the reward is that plus the warm, fuzzy feeling you get from knowing your teammates adore you. Or perhaps pity you.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Geryboy
01.22.2013 , 10:31 AM | #6
It had more use back in the day when you wanted to get your lvl 60 valor for the bags but now it is just for fun yeah
Twinsnake Guardian / Payne Assassin / Cornhoolio OPerative ///// Jar'kai Sword

DrewFromPhilly
01.22.2013 , 10:34 AM | #7
I think it would be better if the titles/vanity gear/etc. was awarded for doing certain things. Like, just as an example in the cod games if you get 250 headshots with a certain gun you unlock the fall cammo for it, three knife kills in a row gets you an emblem, and killing someone while stunned with a flashbang gets you another one, etc.

Could be something like going over 500k damage/healing gets you a title or defusing 100 bombs on voidstar gets you an adaptive pair of those awesome agent goggles, etc.

So much potential.

Jadescythe
01.22.2013 , 10:37 AM | #8
To let you know who has the most friends in the warzone mostly.
I have opinions and stuff

Jarfunkz
01.22.2013 , 10:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth__Carnal View Post

You should research the MVP vote system that I have expressed multiple times. Then you can gain some understanding on what it originally meant versus what it means now.
VicVega

Stoofa
01.22.2013 , 11:30 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
To let you know who has the most friends in the warzone mostly.
This.
Had two "in the zone" WZ's last night where I was just getting objectives left right and centre along with having a high amount of damage and some healing thrown in for good luck.
Unfortunately on both occasions I was with teams of "friends". The premade 4 all voted for one another and there were another couple of reciprocated votes.

I no longer have any interest in the MVP voting.