Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why warriors will always win in TOR.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why warriors will always win in TOR.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.21.2013 , 05:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
That was pre 1.1... when tracer missile spam ruled all.

This thread went exactly where I wanted it to... a nice break from reading the same ol trash about pre-mades and smash.
would be nice to see your more often posting, compared to many other posters, including me, you do bring interesting posts, positive attitude and even fun stuff.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Chlomamf's Avatar


Chlomamf
01.21.2013 , 05:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bare-Giin View Post
Luke lifts up the x-wing after yoda teached him so clearly warriors have POWWWWA UUUUnlimited POWWWWA!!

wich means that we prob getting force lift in the next patch
The Palpatine reference is false: the fact Palpatine used Lightning shows he was a Sorcerer. Durr.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
01.21.2013 , 06:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
would be nice to see your more often posting, compared to many other posters, including me, you do bring interesting posts, positive attitude and even fun stuff.
Thanks man... I try to keep it light no matter how frustrating and narrow minded some people can be. I normally only post from work and I've been missing work a lot with all the wedding planning n stuff (mine).

Sadly with my bachelor status getting smashed for a 8.6K crit I may be on less and less.

Savej's Avatar


Savej
01.21.2013 , 06:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
The answer is simple... Star Wars lore.



Warriors always win...

Darth Maul: Double bladed light saber, Assassin (DEAD) Killed by Obi'wan Kenobi: Warrior
The Emporer: Lightning spam, obviously a sorc (DEAD) Killed by Darth Vader: Warrior
Padme's assassin: Operative (DEAD) Killed by PT but injured intially by Obi'wan Kenobi: Warrior
Jhengo Fett: Mercenary (DEAD) Killed by Mace Windu: Warrior

You see... the only warriors that died in Star Wars... were killed by other warriors.

Mace Windu was obviously owning The Emporer but got caught tunneling and lolsmashed by Anakin right out the window.

When Obi'wan died at the hands of Vader he was obviously running combat spec. The old guys never adapt to the latest patches so they run previously viable specs. Not knowing that rage had been buffed he fell to the smash of Vader who had obviously read the latest patch notes.

Then later in the series... Luke had learned from the death of Obi'wan and never ran combat spec again and swore to be the greatest smasher in the galaxy. His high midochlorian count and connection with the force lead him to realize that he could drop his crit rating, stack surge and power and smash harder than any Jedi or Sith before him. Thus leading to the lolsmashfest which eventually ended in Vaders death.

This same lore can also be used to explain why mercs/commandos suck.... have you seen how many of those guys die in the movies?
Darth Sidious (sorc) killed three or four jedi knights with a lightsaber while Mace was fighting him. It's arguable that Mace never had him beat. He only lost to Vader because Luke was tanking him - it was a 2v1 vs the 2 best knights/warriors ever so he lost, yeah...
Darth Maul killed Qwai-Gon (sp) and was holding his own against both him and Obiwan. Sins are just about the best 1v1 class in SWTOR (good ones can dissect most knights/warriors).

Also, while Han did beat him conclusively, Boba Fet didn't die.

UGLYMRJ's Avatar


UGLYMRJ
01.21.2013 , 06:47 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Darth Sidious (sorc) killed three or four jedi knights with a lightsaber while Mace was fighting him. It's arguable that Mace never had him beat. He only lost to Vader because Luke was tanking him - it was a 2v1 vs the 2 best knights/warriors ever so he lost, yeah...
Darth Maul killed Qwai-Gon (sp) and was holding his own against both him and Obiwan. Sins are just about the best 1v1 class in SWTOR (good ones can dissect most knights/warriors).

Also, while Han did beat him conclusively, Boba Fet didn't die.
The force is strong in this one...

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
01.21.2013 , 06:54 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Darth Sidious (sorc) killed three or four jedi knights with a lightsaber while Mace was fighting him. It's arguable that Mace never had him beat. He only lost to Vader because Luke was tanking him - it was a 2v1 vs the 2 best knights/warriors ever so he lost, yeah...
Darth Maul killed Qwai-Gon (sp) and was holding his own against both him and Obiwan. Sins are just about the best 1v1 class in SWTOR (good ones can dissect most knights/warriors).

Also, while Han did beat him conclusively, Boba Fet didn't die.
Darth Maul was fighting Qui-Gon 1v1 when he killed him. Obi-Wan was stuck in the rotating laser walls and had to watch them fight for a while. and tbh, Obi-Wan didnt beat Maul until he severed his lightsaber, aka he was no longer a assassin but a warrior as well!

Boba Fett got beat cuz he tried to use Death From Above while he was in melee range. big noob mistake; he got interrupted and then knocked into a hazard

smellmop's Avatar


smellmop
01.21.2013 , 07:07 PM | #27
epic thread is epic.

was having this discussion on teamspeak the other day....about how I think Luke would have been a jedi consular and not a sentinel (with the lifting, one saber and all that)

someone directed me to here:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/10/...lete_idiot.php

which I had a good chuckle at.
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
01.21.2013 , 07:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
epic thread is epic.

was having this discussion on teamspeak the other day....about how I think Luke would have been a jedi consular and not a sentinel (with the lifting, one saber and all that)

someone directed me to here:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/10/...lete_idiot.php

which I had a good chuckle at.
hilarious

Devilk's Avatar


Devilk
01.21.2013 , 07:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
Right, right, tell that to the hundreds of Jedi murdered by the Clone Troopers because of Order 66.
Those were bads. Obviously.

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
01.21.2013 , 07:31 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Devilk View Post
Those were bads. Obviously.
order 66 happened before the jedi realized what an interrupt was