Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why warriors will always win in TOR.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why warriors will always win in TOR.

UGLYMRJ
01.21.2013 , 05:07 PM | #1
The answer is simple... Star Wars lore.

Warriors always win...

Darth Maul: Double bladed light saber, Assassin (DEAD) Killed by Obi'wan Kenobi: Warrior
The Emporer: Lightning spam, obviously a sorc (DEAD) Killed by Darth Vader: Warrior
Padme's assassin: Operative (DEAD) Killed by PT but injured intially by Obi'wan Kenobi: Warrior
Jhengo Fett: Mercenary (DEAD) Killed by Mace Windu: Warrior

You see... the only warriors that died in Star Wars... were killed by other warriors.

Mace Windu was obviously owning The Emporer but got caught tunneling and lolsmashed by Anakin right out the window.

When Obi'wan died at the hands of Vader he was obviously running combat spec. The old guys never adapt to the latest patches so they run previously viable specs. Not knowing that rage had been buffed he fell to the smash of Vader who had obviously read the latest patch notes.

Then later in the series... Luke had learned from the death of Obi'wan and never ran combat spec again and swore to be the greatest smasher in the galaxy. His high midochlorian count and connection with the force lead him to realize that he could drop his crit rating, stack surge and power and smash harder than any Jedi or Sith before him. Thus leading to the lolsmashfest which eventually ended in Vaders death.

This same lore can also be used to explain why mercs/commandos suck.... have you seen how many of those guys die in the movies?

cashogy
01.21.2013 , 05:08 PM | #2
didnt obiwan kill darth maul? still a warrior tho

UGLYMRJ
01.21.2013 , 05:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
didnt obiwan kill darth maul? still a warrior tho
Though I mighta been wrong on that one. I couldn't remember... thanks. Editing.

Xerain
01.21.2013 , 05:13 PM | #4
A blind Han Solo killed Boba Fett.... :|

UGLYMRJ
01.21.2013 , 05:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
A blind Han Solo killed Boba Fett.... :|
Damnit... I'm not the nerd I thought I was... my midochlorian count is too low.

Chlomamf
01.21.2013 , 05:19 PM | #6
Right, right, tell that to the hundreds of Jedi murdered by the Clone Troopers because of Order 66.

Xerain
01.21.2013 , 05:21 PM | #7
Also... we got to see Jango Fett cap some Jedi and he did put up a good 1v1 against Obi-wan... Pretty sure Jango left good ole brobie there for dead.

UGLYMRJ
01.21.2013 , 05:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
Right, right, tell that to the hundreds of Jedi murdered by the Clone Troopers because of Order 66.
Clearly those Jedi didn't prepare for level 50 and were wearing recruit gear.

UGLYMRJ
01.21.2013 , 05:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Also... we got to see Jango Fett cap some Jedi and he did put up a good 1v1 against Obi-wan... Pretty sure Jango left good ole brobie there for dead.
That was before the Pyro snare nerf...

MelodicSixNine
01.21.2013 , 05:32 PM | #10
What about Bounty Hunters who specialized in defeating jedi after the Empire was formed. They killed quite a few.
Yoda - probably the most powerful Jedi and consular was the victor vs Dooku.
Fett defeated Jaina in training fights too I think.
Although it isn't related to ground fighting Wedge would kick 95% of knights/warriors in air!
Vongs kill jedi in tens or hundreds in books too.