Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The speeders that were supposed to protect you from being knocked on your bum...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The speeders that were supposed to protect you from being knocked on your bum...

Alavastre
01.21.2013 , 10:55 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kifa View Post
Haven't tested it on a level 50 yet, so can't speak to that. I have it on my level 20 with speeder piloting 1. What I do know is that it happens the instant someone shoots at me.
So Speeder piloting 1 at level 20 means no knock off protection. I think we can safely cross this one off the list of real complaints.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Golzar
01.21.2013 , 11:00 AM | #22
Yeah, when you're 50 with speeder piloting 3, you can cruise through packs of mobs with no prob.

bahdasz
01.21.2013 , 11:09 AM | #23
I've never had any issues withe the nightshade. I ride out of heavily populated areas, catching fire from all sides, and can't remember the last time I got knocked off of it. Sounds like somebody needs to purchase piloting 3.

CorellianWannabe
01.21.2013 , 11:16 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Better yet, why is he playing in a sort of way that has him speeding past so many mobs? Killing NPCs are a core part of most RPGs, they're a source of income, gear and experience which trying to speeder past removes
So wanting to avoid respawning mobs means you ignoring the core gameplay?

Velante
01.21.2013 , 11:17 AM | #25
with the kurtob, on any toon, i only get knocked off if i take a missle or sticky grenade, any laser fire just impacts and i keep moving on my merry way, my main has lvl 3 speeder piloting, all my alts are lvl 1 with the same results, leveling i rarely avoid many mobs unless im in a hurry, but i have speeder-ed through whole camps to get to one objective with no knockoffs and about 30 mobs firing at me, did that last night on a trooper, so in conclusion, i believe that your knock off protection is great for laser fire, but taking a missle to the face will still knock you off no matter what piloting lvl you are

kifa
01.21.2013 , 11:22 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Minack View Post
Way to go off the deep end. The guy dislikes one mechanic and your supposed solution is to just stop playing the entire game? No wonder these forums are a joke.
Forgive him, for he knows not what he does
"And so across the vastness of space, two masters of power touch minds. One, the very essence of Jedi, the other dark beyond darkness."

Arlbo_Nabbins
01.21.2013 , 02:19 PM | #27
Haven't tested it on a level 50 yet, so can't speak to that. I have it on my level 20 with speeder piloting 1. What I do know is that it happens the instant someone shoots at me.
Been using that Nighshade on my Inquisitor going from Speeder Piloting 1-3. Rarely knocked off now from blaster fire and can speed around groups of mobs without worrying too much about being dismounted.

Definitely looks like the dismount protection scales in the same was as the speed.

chuixupu
01.21.2013 , 02:25 PM | #28
I hate this game mechanic.... with every fiber of my being.
Me too

When I got to max speeder piloting everything felt cool, but somehow Section X doesn't seem to care.

Quote: Originally Posted by Golzar View Post
Yeah, when you're 50 with speeder piloting 3, you can cruise through packs of mobs with no prob.
Except in Section X.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Cleet_Xia
01.21.2013 , 04:24 PM | #29
I don't normally have any problem in section X with my grade 3 speeder & training....

My wife on the other hand gets dumped on her butt all the time by hers.

The only difference between us is that she normally uses an adaptive speeder that came from a cartel pack.

I have the same problem when I switch to an adaptive speeder.

It appears that the adaptive speeders do not provide the same protection as true grade 3 speeders.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Prysha
01.22.2013 , 03:41 AM | #30
well i pas smost of the mobs that are not included in my class or planet story line... it takes to much time to kill every single brat who atacks you....lol and no the exp/money reward isnt worth it killign those world monsters...
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!