Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Overpowered - Powertech Stream - 72-5 in RWZ's

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Overpowered - Powertech Stream - 72-5 in RWZ's

ericthenut
01.21.2013 , 03:43 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
No clicking, Backpedaling, or keyboard turning.

Prophecy of the Five

What you will see is how overpowered PT's are when fully min/maxed, feel free to complain in this thread.. 720p video stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/megatf
I 100% disagree with the overpowered aspect of the pyro spec'ed powertech. Everyone agrees that the jugg is op, its easily countered but still let me dish it out for you what the definition of overpowered is(Frome a dps standpoint):
1. Has exceptional burst damage, most likely from one main ability that has cooldown reducers from procs. The jugg not only has this but its an AOE on five targets for around 6k(Yes I'm Heavy armor with 1300 expertise and it hits this hard lulz). The powertech is single target and averages about 4.5k (I'm half elite war hero.)
2. Most likely mobile has very little or no cast times. The jugg and powertech both fit this description even though the jugg has ravage it has to be stunned to be interupted....and even though the range says 4m its will actually hit someone at like 6-8 if your in cast.
3. Has utilities to add to the damage and mobility. The fact that the rage spec is the way it is on the jugg really irks me. It should be a marauder only spec then there would be no such thing as it being overpowered imo. The fact that its on the jugg which has an AOE stun that lasts 6sec, an AOE slow that is spamable, has buffs that esentially require you to kill them twice if used right, has an enemey and friendly player jump-to ability, has a casted damageing stun that can do about 10% of someones health based on gear. The powertech....has an AOE stun that last 2.5 sec. and stealth scan, a buff that avoids 25% of all damage(still get 4.5k smashes with it up) and something called kolto overload it its a buff, and then pull. You can throw in DFA if you want but its just to easy to avoid or interupt to be considered op.
4. And for the finally.....drumroll.....the jugg has an execute to add to it all. The powertech doesn't. For this reason mainly and alone I totally agrue the point and disagree that the powertech is op just because it's missing this ability. If it had it, yea...uhhh, op.

And on a side note. Who are you to even post a match like that and then say the powertech is overpowered...you did horrible. Not only did you almost never pull a target to you...you never utilized vent heat or thermal sensor override for extra dps...I average 550k in a voidstar.
DEFENSE | CAMOUFLAGE | EAGLEYE | SENSATIONAL | MAGESTICAL | SHOWOFF
This game is simply no longer any fun to pvp in.

ericthenut
01.21.2013 , 03:46 AM | #22
I'm sorry i can't believe i forgot the jugg has push too.
DEFENSE | CAMOUFLAGE | EAGLEYE | SENSATIONAL | MAGESTICAL | SHOWOFF
This game is simply no longer any fun to pvp in.

AdamLKvist
01.21.2013 , 03:49 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ericthenut View Post
I average 550k in a voidstar.

Lovely part proving his point, bads scoring for 550k!
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

Never_Hesitate
01.21.2013 , 03:50 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontraz View Post
I am so sick of everybody complaining about the "simplicity" of the PT rotation. Seriously. Name one rotation in this game that is actually difficult. Please. One rotation that utilizes 12 or so different abilities, and that does not include "reaction" abilities.

Is PT easy to play? yes. Is every other class in this game easy to play? (for the most part) yes. The only exceptions that come to mind are sniper and merc, merc being the hardest class to make effective dps-wise.
Sorc rota is easy: Bubblestun -> 1 Heal -> Get 3 7k Smashes or 2 PT's on you -> Respawn

^^
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

tekhiun
01.21.2013 , 03:57 AM | #25
Nice civil war =)

Btw why are you full pyro and not hybrid ?? railshot hits much harder
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

Megatfx
01.21.2013 , 04:01 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Nice civil war =)

Btw why are you full pyro and not hybrid ?? railshot hits much harder
Because Thermal Detonator is way more burst.

Megatfx
01.21.2013 , 04:03 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ericthenut View Post
I 100% disagree with the overpowered aspect of the pyro spec'ed powertech. Everyone agrees that the jugg is op, its easily countered but still let me dish it out for you what the definition of overpowered is(Frome a dps standpoint):
1. Has exceptional burst damage, most likely from one main ability that has cooldown reducers from procs. The jugg not only has this but its an AOE on five targets for around 6k(Yes I'm Heavy armor with 1300 expertise and it hits this hard lulz). The powertech is single target and averages about 4.5k (I'm half elite war hero.)
2. Most likely mobile has very little or no cast times. The jugg and powertech both fit this description even though the jugg has ravage it has to be stunned to be interupted....and even though the range says 4m its will actually hit someone at like 6-8 if your in cast.
3. Has utilities to add to the damage and mobility. The fact that the rage spec is the way it is on the jugg really irks me. It should be a marauder only spec then there would be no such thing as it being overpowered imo. The fact that its on the jugg which has an AOE stun that lasts 6sec, an AOE slow that is spamable, has buffs that esentially require you to kill them twice if used right, has an enemey and friendly player jump-to ability, has a casted damageing stun that can do about 10% of someones health based on gear. The powertech....has an AOE stun that last 2.5 sec. and stealth scan, a buff that avoids 25% of all damage(still get 4.5k smashes with it up) and something called kolto overload it its a buff, and then pull. You can throw in DFA if you want but its just to easy to avoid or interupt to be considered op.
4. And for the finally.....drumroll.....the jugg has an execute to add to it all. The powertech doesn't. For this reason mainly and alone I totally agrue the point and disagree that the powertech is op just because it's missing this ability. If it had it, yea...uhhh, op.

And on a side note. Who are you to even post a match like that and then say the powertech is overpowered...you did horrible. Not only did you almost never pull a target to you...you never utilized vent heat or thermal sensor override for extra dps...I average 550k in a voidstar.
I'm telling you that I'm playing a PT and it's Overpowered. I have 5 level 50's, an Operative, a PT, a Merc, a Sorc, and a Marauder.

Powertech is retarded. The ease at which I can drop people is just ridiculous.

Why the hell does a PT need an execute? How can you even compare that to a Juggernaut when we have multiple instant casts that crit for 5k. Why do we need an execute when it's like Flame Burst 2.5k crit, Railshot 5k crit, thermal detonator 5k crit, rocket punch 3.5k crit.

HeIIbat
01.21.2013 , 04:04 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontraz View Post
I am so sick of everybody complaining about the "simplicity" of the PT rotation. Seriously. Name one rotation in this game that is actually difficult. Please. One rotation that utilizes 12 or so different abilities, and that does not include "reaction" abilities.

Is PT easy to play? yes. Is every other class in this game easy to play? (for the most part) yes. The only exceptions that come to mind are sniper and merc, merc being the hardest class to make effective dps-wise.
Hybrid jugger ->
1 Saber throw
2 Force leap
3 Smash
4 Force Choke
5 Impale
6 Ravage
7 Force push
8 Chilling scream
9 Threatening scream
10 Sundering assault
11 Intercede
12 Intimidating roar
Basic rotation for me, tell me which one i can stop use to be same effective ?
/Tomb of freedon nadd
Heilcat Juggernaut 50

wwkingms
01.21.2013 , 05:09 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
I'm telling you that I'm playing a PT and it's Overpowered. I have 5 level 50's, an Operative, a PT, a Merc, a Sorc, and a Marauder.

Powertech is retarded. The ease at which I can drop people is just ridiculous.

Why the hell does a PT need an execute? How can you even compare that to a Juggernaut when we have multiple instant casts that crit for 5k. Why do we need an execute when it's like Flame Burst 2.5k crit, Railshot 5k crit, thermal detonator 5k crit, rocket punch 3.5k crit.
its nice when people can at least be honest

its easy, almost impossible to counter, and from short-long range

on that point i dont feel any of the current classes whom have an execute necessarily need them
NIHIL

THE BASTION

ceelaniri
01.21.2013 , 06:35 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by HeIIbat View Post
Hybrid jugger ->
1 Saber throw
2 Force leap
3 Smash
4 Force Choke
5 Impale
6 Ravage
7 Force push
8 Chilling scream
9 Threatening scream
10 Sundering assault
11 Intercede
12 Intimidating roar
Basic rotation for me, tell me which one i can stop use to be same effective ?
"Basic" rotation with some ability on a 1min CD??

That said, PT pyro hits hard at close range but for that they sacrifice survivability, heavy armor doesn't do much against elementary/force dmg and a shield on a 1 min CD specced (requires to be hit).

no reliable gap closer (grap is on a 45sec CD and does not work on target with resolution).
no leap to switch target and flee
no godmode
no invisibility
no sprint

as mentioned in another thread, they cannot evade a fight like most of the other classes (either via leap/invisibility/sprint/mez) and do not have the tools to sustain them.
Masamoto Pentesilhea