Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

pull

wwkingms
01.20.2013 , 10:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Enexemander View Post
He wasn't hacking.

You had something happen that you don't understand. The sniper didn't pull you (and wouldn't want to even if he could). You either got knocked back or a tank pulled you while he was jumping down.

Just something to note- Teams with marauders aren't speed hacking, they have predation. Operatives have a sprint. Etc etc.

I don't even think there IS a hack to give your class abilities it shouldn't have. Speed hacks are made by tricking the server into thinking you're somewhere you're not. That's a very simple manipulation. Giving a sniper a pull is several steps above that.

Here's what actually happened (and something I do on my assassin all the time) - The tank pulled you while he was in midair and you landed in front of the sniper.

End of story.
dont insult me, ive done my share of warzones.
i know what i saw.
i know who was around.
it was a sniper.... he targeted me, and used a pull mechanic which hurled me off ledge toward him.. it had a mechanical sound like a vangaurds pull

so no there was no assasin, or jugg
NIHIL

THE BASTION

wwkingms
01.20.2013 , 10:35 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
And this ladies and gentlemen is the difference between a player who understands class mechanics and what actually occurs in PVP Warzones, and one who does not.

Bravo, Sir.
if u fine gentlemen read all the posts you will find ive already stated there was no one remotely close to us..

it was a sniper on one side of the flame to the side and me on the other.. he pulled me about 5 yards forward and off my ledge

i know what happend, i know what class he was, and i know there were no other classes near us.. especially no powertechs (again the pull had a mechanal sound)

u all can argue all u want all i needed to know was if it were possible or if there was some item in game i didnt know about....

now i know he was hacking and i will be filing a report which i dont generally do but seeing as to egregious nature of this hack and the already questionable situations revolving his rated team my decision is easy
NIHIL

THE BASTION

DariusCalera
01.20.2013 , 11:20 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
if u fine gentlemen read all the posts you will find ive already stated there was no one remotely close to us..

it was a sniper on one side of the flame to the side and me on the other.. he pulled me about 5 yards forward and off my ledge

i know what happend, i know what class he was, and i know there were no other classes near us.. especially no powertechs (again the pull had a mechanal sound)

u all can argue all u want all i needed to know was if it were possible or if there was some item in game i didnt know about....

now i know he was hacking and i will be filing a report which i dont generally do but seeing as to egregious nature of this hack and the already questionable situations revolving his rated team my decision is easy
Ok, are you absolutely, unequivocally sure that it was, indeed, a sniper?

Quite a few of the assault rifles look like sniper rifles and now thanks to the cartel market, you have VGs in sniper looking outfits.

Just thought I'd ask because it sounds to me like more of a case of mistaken identity than an actual hack.

Zican
01.20.2013 , 11:20 PM | #24
I know you really think you saw the sniper pull you, but Enexemander is right. Powertech was probably falling from one of the platforms as he pulled you. It's common in huttball when someone goes from one plane to another that they become completely invisible to your screen for a few seconds. You landed next to the sniper and the powertech probably landed in the pit. There is no item or hack that would allow a sniper to pull anyone, not to mention no one else on your team seemed to notice being pulled by a sniper. If he was willing to use this hacked pull on you, then he would be more than willing to use it on ball carriers and such. Don't report some random guy for hacking when he didn't do anything wrong.

Also this assuming you actually knew the guy you thought did this was actually a sniper and wasn't a vanguard that looked like one.

Diplomaticus
01.21.2013 , 12:07 AM | #25
dont insult me, ive done my share of warzones.
i know what i saw.
i know who was around.
it was a sniper.... he targeted me, and used a pull mechanic which hurled me off ledge toward him.. it had a mechanical sound like a vangaurds pull

so no there was no assasin, or jugg
While I do think you honestly believe that you're sure about everything, you cannot be surprised others are skeptical when the two things considered are your empirical proof (where a lot of different things may have caused an experience like you just had) on one side and the in game rules and mechanics on the other side.

However, there is no evidence to the contrary either, so it's entirely possible that you're correct. I for one would need tangible proof before believing it though.

wwkingms
01.21.2013 , 12:11 AM | #26
do u guys really want me to name drop?

i know exactly who it was and he is a sniper on the bastion

i use the free version of fraps so if i see soemone hacking i start recording but i had no reason to start recording as i was just facing off with a sniper...
NIHIL

THE BASTION

wwkingms
01.21.2013 , 12:20 AM | #27
i love how all you clowns condemn hacking and when soemone posts trying to clear matters up before they report its met with skepticism

well i know hackign when i see it and i know how every class works, i know who jumps, charges, pulls etc and thats why i was thrown off when this sniper pulled me

doubt all you want but this is a legitimate case of cheating to me now
NIHIL

THE BASTION

xxdragonragexx
01.21.2013 , 12:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
Just pointing this out here. A sniper wouldn't want to pull you. They're ranged, and they want to keep you there. You were probably knocked back by somebody behind you.
He was in a huttball match. You do know how valuable pulls are in this map?

TipCee
01.21.2013 , 12:53 AM | #29
i know who jumps, charges, pulls etc and thats why i was thrown off when this sniper pulled me

Umm, you didnt know Vanguards had a gap closer (storm)

Cajeek - Sentinel
Accal - Vanguard
Red-Five - Sniper
Nocturnal Guild
Dalborra Server

Zican
01.21.2013 , 01:23 AM | #30
do u guys really want me to name drop?

i know exactly who it was and he is a sniper on the bastion

i use the free version of fraps so if i see soemone hacking i start recording but i had no reason to start recording as i was just facing off with a sniper...
We don't want a name (in fact, you shouldn't give a name), we want some sort of proof besides a single guy saying he saw something no other person has seen happen. People have explained what you probably encountered, but you are so sure this guy is hacking regardless. Reporting someone for something like this isn't something you should take lightly. All it does is waste the time of someone that has to deal with these reports.