Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skipping

Toweleeeie
01.22.2013 , 02:18 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
I see people suggesting that players who want to kill all the bosses should be doing story mode. There is a flaw to this line of thinking:

Player hits level 50, they are given a enough tokens -1 to buy a complete Tionese set and weapons, plus they are given an introduction to Group Finder quest that requires they complete a Group Finder Flash Point.

They are directed to HM FPs because that is where the next set up upgrade gear is. While I realize you can also get it from a SM Ops, that might be intimidating for new players. Wanting to run the entire instance for upgrades and tokens for upgrades isn't unreasonable.

That all said players should try communicating their needs at the beginning and be willing to help each other meet those needs.
Getting a free set of Tionese is all the more reason to skip mini bosses bc thats what they drop, Tionese. If they want to see the story and kill bosses you run story mode for story.
Can I has more Sandbox?

Brimmer
01.22.2013 , 02:26 AM | #82
I see people suggesting that players who want to kill all the bosses should be doing story mode. There is a flaw to this line of thinking:

Player hits level 50, they are given a enough tokens -1 to buy a complete Tionese set and weapons, plus they are given an introduction to Group Finder quest that requires they complete a Group Finder Flash Point.

They are directed to HM FPs because that is where the next set up upgrade gear is. While I realize you can also get it from a SM Ops, that might be intimidating for new players. Wanting to run the entire instance for upgrades and tokens for upgrades isn't unreasonable.

That all said players should try communicating their needs at the beginning and be willing to help each other meet those needs.

As I said from my first post all he has to do is form his own group then he gets to pick what the group does, without the drama of the group finder. If you need a more detailed info on the process it's like so:

1.) enter this text into the chat: /1 LFM for full run of False Emperor HMFP (or what ever you want to do)
2.) wait till you have 3/4 or 4/4 of the group filled (majority vote this way)
3.) queue for the flashpoint in the group finder (able to complete the intro mission)
4.) profit

Quote: Originally Posted by toweleeeie
Getting a free set of Tionese is all the more reason to skip mini bosses bc thats what they drop, Tionese. If they want to see the story and kill bosses you run story mode for story.
Maybe they want to fight a harder version of the other bosses too, or want the tionese gear for companions.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

slafko
01.22.2013 , 03:30 AM | #83
Communication seems to be a big problem for most people. Had a guy in BoI die three times in the exhaustion zone before he finally decided to say "lol i'm first time here, where do i go". Had he said that in the beginning of the FP, we wouldn't have wasted time and nerves on his festivities.

Paokzu
01.22.2013 , 05:39 AM | #84
The game's story and all that are pretty cool. But if you've been through them once or twice and or you are pressed for time then you want to minimize your time in the FP just to get it done. I myself play every day for a few hours and love it. My recommendation is for you to find some like-minded people in game. On an RP server perhaps or at least a guild that is VERY laid back and likes to run FPs in the manner you're describing. Best of luck!
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

Pytviper
01.22.2013 , 05:59 AM | #85
If I'm forced to waste time in HM, I'll quit doing HM. Killing anything other then 2nd and last boss is waste of time. They are only ones that drop Col.

Maybe OP shouldn't try and force people to play his way. He should learn to play as a group. Before I even go to the HM. I clear state I'm skipping everything I can. If you have a problem with this I'll find a new group. Everyone agrees I head there and we start.
Nerf Rock said Scissors.
Nerf Scissors said Paper.
Nerf Paper said Rock
Listen to the community BW said Scissors, Paper and Rock.

Paokzu
01.22.2013 , 06:04 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
My agressive adressing killed this topic.

Everyone forgets the MAIN REASON TO PLAY IS TO HAVE FUN , they turn their playstyle into a virtual item hunting where you can have no use in real life. However spending your hours in front of your computer enjoying ,relaxing and having fun have a use in real life.I have no right to judge people's choices but it sounds bad to me.
What everyone seems to forget is...TO EACH HIS OWN.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

Pytviper
01.22.2013 , 06:32 AM | #87
If I'm forced to waste time in HM, I'll quit doing HM. Killing anything other then 2nd and last boss is waste of time. They are only ones that drop Col.

Maybe OP shouldn't try and force people to play his way. He should learn to play as a group. Before I even go to the HM. I clear state I'm skipping everything I can. If you have a problem with this I'll find a new group. Everyone agrees I head there and we start.
Nerf Rock said Scissors.
Nerf Scissors said Paper.
Nerf Paper said Rock
Listen to the community BW said Scissors, Paper and Rock.

Fornix
01.22.2013 , 06:49 AM | #88
BioWare should simply throw in an additional little toggle already in the groupfinder:

- Full Run (includes allowing people to view story, expected to complete all content, etc).
- Speed Run (skipping on story, skipping trash packs where possible, etc).

This way it's clear from the start in what sort of group you'll end up.
Member of <Helix>