Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Skipping


Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
01.20.2013 , 02:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
The point is people shouldn't try to get bioware to force people to fight all the bosses. How it works currently allows both parties to do what they want. Which is why I have no problem with either parties ingame, since they're just using the system as intended. So nope, it seems you missed the point.
No I got the point because if you had paid attention to my first post I called you both out, but also called you out on your hypocrisy of doing exactly what you chastised him for.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 02:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
No I got the point because if you had paid attention to my first post I called you both out, but also called you out on your hypocrisy of doing exactly what you chastised him for.
So you claim you can read, but clearly the fact remains that you can't. what I called him out on in my first post was the text in red below.

Quote: Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. I dont care if you have done it houndreds of times then you should get a life.
So make skipping bannable. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as much as boss count except the first boss , giving boss addtional damage , damage reduction and health. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed
second boss >>>>> 2x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
third boss >>>>>>> 4x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
last boss >>>>>>> 16x [ skippersgetalife] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .
Attacking the player base that doesn't do the same play style as you is very childish. Play respectfully with your peers and you can enjoy the game as it was intended.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Shai-Huluud's Avatar


Shai-Huluud
01.20.2013 , 02:27 PM | #23
I don't see a need to force either playstyle.

When playing my higher level characters and I'm chasing comms I ask the group at the beginning if they mind skipping, most say they don't mind.
When playing my lower level alts and I'm doing Flashpoints for XP to help me level up to my next bit of class quests I often ask the group if they dont mind NOT skipping and going for all bonuses, because im after the xp...I dont remember any instance where someone has said no.

The point is -

Just tell people what you expect at the beginning and if they don't agree then don't group with them.

"Manage" the expecations of those around you and your own expectations and you can very easily avoid dissapointment. The same holds true for Loot issues. Just sort it out at the start and for the vast majority of the time you are going to get what you want.
Neil.
RIP SWG - Jonni Mnemonic (Bria)

Lord_of_Mu's Avatar


Lord_of_Mu
01.20.2013 , 02:44 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. I dont care if you have done it houndreds of times then you should get a life.
So make skipping bannable. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as much as boss count except the first boss , giving boss addtional damage , damage reduction and health. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed
second boss >>>>> 2x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
third boss >>>>>>> 4x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
last boss >>>>>>> 16x [ skippersgetalife] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .
That would certainly cut down the number of people queuing for flashpoints. The thing is, I also have a limited amount of time to play and I like to make the most of it. I out gear the current flash points but continue to run them because I need the black hole commendations.

Due to Bioware's excessive trash and bosses that drop worthless loot for nearly every member of the party, it's generally agreeable to skip anything that can be skipped. The only boss that drops anything of substance is the final boss of any flash point.

Unless you find a guild full of like minded players, you're going to have to deal with skipping trash and cut-scenes.

A better suggestion for Bioware would be to take a flash point, raise the number of bosses to twelve or fifteen then slice the flash point into three or four sections. Reduce the number of trash mobs and provide incentives for completing the optional objectives and bosses. Such changes would make spending more than thirty minutes in a flashpoint worth my time.

Trollokdamus's Avatar


Trollokdamus
01.20.2013 , 03:44 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Attacking the player base that doesn't do the same play style as you is very childish. Play respectfully with your peers and you can enjoy the game as it was intended.
Sorry for interfering, but Hyfy is right here. In this post:
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing all the bosses, or do story mode. Majority of group finder related groups will skip. It's just normal actions.
you say that he's trying to control how others play the game, but at the very same time you try to control how he should play by telling him to form a group and go do story mode.

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 03:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Sorry for interfering, but Hyfy is right here. In this post:

you say that he's trying to control how others play the game, but at the very same time you try to control how he should play by telling him to form a group and go do story mode.
I said form a group and tell them that he wishes to kill all the bosses, hard mode or story mode. Or just do story mode where it is typical for the group to kill all the bosses. I never told him he had to do it, I gave him possible solutions to his rage post. If he doesn't want to do it, then don't I couldn't care less. Sorry for trying to help the guy with a possible solution so he could do the content he want without getting angry all the time.

This topic isn't anything new. The two possible solutions I gave are standard replies given by the majority of the player base. Most people in the group finder queue for hard mode to rush for the BH comms, some rush like crazy, so when a person tries to do a full run it's typically drama. Which is why it's a benefit to the player to form their own group so they don't have to go through that annoyance.

Once again please learn to read.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

jimbothirtytwo's Avatar


jimbothirtytwo
01.20.2013 , 03:58 PM | #27
For HM flashpoints, I always ask up front what people prefer - boss fights or skipping where possible. Other than the first boss of Taral V (the beastmaster, who's more trouble than he's worth - especially if you have a dodgy tank in the group), it really doesn't matter to me either way. Trash mobs always get skipped where possible, since usually all you'll get from them is Legacy XP. However, I have seen Exotech gear as zone drops (same tier as Columi) as early as HM Esseles, so people desperate for gear might benefit from a full clear. But you could also argue that your time is better spent getting your comms quickly and moving on to something else.

What drives me nuts more than skipping are the "SPACEBAR PLEASE!!!!!" morons in SM flashpoints. In storymode, when people are obviously watching the cutscenes, shouldn't you just assume that at least one member of the group hasn't done that flashpoint yet? I also got cursed out by some dude in HM Esseles for not killing the engineering team. Really? You expect me to ruin my lightside V to save you 3-4 minutes?

Trollokdamus's Avatar


Trollokdamus
01.20.2013 , 04:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Once again please learn to read.
Well, maybe it is you who should learn to write. Because for me what you wrote there didn't sound like a suggestion, but more like a demand.

Brimmer's Avatar


Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 04:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Well, maybe it is you who should learn to write. Because for me what you wrote there didn't sound like a suggestion, but more like a demand.
I can't really take you seriously with you having troll within your name.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Ratajack's Avatar


Ratajack
01.20.2013 , 04:05 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing all the bosses, or do story mode. Majority of group finder related groups will skip. It's just normal actions.
I don't know why, but I am amazed at the people who want to claim that others are trying to control how they play even as they try to control how those same people play.

Most of the group finder groups I've been in have not wanted to skip everything. It usually seems to be one dbag in the group who demands that the group skip or use an exploit.