Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skipping

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 01:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
It may be YOUR normal actions, but for myself I see just as many groups I end up in from group finder doing the whole thing as I do running into groups that want to space-bar and hit the bare minimum. So your very same logic could be used on you

[Group] [Hyfy]: Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing the bare minimum.
I don't care if people want to do all or just one of the bosses it doesn't matter to me, but having somebody come on the forums trying to dictate how others play the game is childish. It's setup to allow both parties to do as they see fit, why change a great system?
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Irawratih
01.20.2013 , 01:33 PM | #12
From this post it is clear you are playing as dps. from that fact alone you have no control over anything. If you want to fight every boss roll a tank. My main is a tank and i decide what bosses to skip or not. I tend to ask if anyone needs the other bosses. Maybe thats just me. But if i inspect the players and everyone is already geared and doing this for black hole comms i will not ask and skip as many as possible. I do not have all day to watch story mode cut sceens or do every boss on every flashpoint. The time for those vs the reward is not equal.

One last point the items/gear dropped below the final boss are the same as the FREE gear you are given by the welcome to flashpoints mission. If any one from my groups pulls bosses without us wanting to do them, we let them die and then boot them from group as well as add them to ignore so we never do flashpoints with them again.

Hyfy
01.20.2013 , 01:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
I don't care if people want to do all or just one of the bosses it doesn't matter to me, but having somebody come on the forums trying to dictate how others play the game is childish. It's setup to allow both parties to do as they see fit, why change a great system?
You missed the point, you ended up doing pretty much exactly what you chastised him for.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

chuixupu
01.20.2013 , 01:38 PM | #14
Isn't the only flashpoint where you can skip actual bosses Battle of Ilum? I know you can skip some mini bosses in Directive 7 and Boarding Party, but I'm pretty sure BOI is the only one where you can skip almost everything (I haven't done some of the Pub side only ones though).
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 01:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
You missed the point, you ended up doing pretty much exactly what you chastised him for.
The point is people shouldn't try to get bioware to force people to fight all the bosses. How it works currently allows both parties to do what they want. Which is why I have no problem with either parties ingame, since they're just using the system as intended. So nope, it seems you missed the point.
Spoiler

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 01:43 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Isn't the only flashpoint where you can skip actual bosses Battle of Ilum? I know you can skip some mini bosses in Directive 7 and Boarding Party, but I'm pretty sure BOI is the only one where you can skip almost everything (I haven't done some of the Pub side only ones though).
You can do Taral V without fighting any boss except the last. You can skip all but the last 2 for Battle of Ilum, You can skip a lot of directive 7. majority of skipping is just trash mobs, not bosses.
Spoiler

AsheraII
01.20.2013 , 01:48 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. I dont care if you have done it houndreds of times then you should get a life.
So make skipping bannable. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as much as boss count except the first boss , giving boss addtional damage , damage reduction and health. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed
second boss >>>>> 2x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
third boss >>>>>>> 4x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
last boss >>>>>>> 16x [ skippersgetalife] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .
While I believe trashmobs and especially bosses are meant to be killed and not skipped, I do see a little problem with this suggestion..
Players will start to demand titles, achievements and extra loot for doing bosses "hard mode" as they'll call it, and the amount of skippers would sadly only increase.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Marmerus
01.20.2013 , 01:51 PM | #18
They should add timers to the bosses. The longer you wait the stronger they become.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 01:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
While I believe trashmobs and especially bosses are meant to be killed and not skipped, I do see a little problem with this suggestion..
Players will start to demand titles, achievements and extra loot for doing bosses "hard mode" as they'll call it, and the amount of skippers would sadly only increase.
Indeed. Also if anything the recent changes to false emperor and the heroic 4 on section X supports skipping. Both had a lot of mobs removed so you had to fight less. Which in a way says to the skippers: yeah there are too many mobs in here after all.
Spoiler

caveslug
01.20.2013 , 02:00 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
You can do Taral V without fighting any boss except the last. You can skip all but the last 2 for Battle of Ilum, You can skip a lot of directive 7. majority of skipping is just trash mobs, not bosses.
You don't even have to fight the last boss in Taral V.
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P