Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skipping

kijthae
01.20.2013 , 12:06 PM | #1
I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. if you have done it houndreds of times then you should play less not turn it to a grind , enjoy more . One of the best side of this game that differs from grind mmos is its lore.
So prevent skipping BW. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as many as boss count except the first boss , giving addtional damage , damage reduction and health to each boss. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed
second boss >>>>> 2x [ grindersfrustration] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
third boss >>>>>>> 4x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
last boss >>>>>>> 16x [grindersfrustation] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .

Edit: I made the post emotional friendly

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 12:08 PM | #2
Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing all the bosses, or do story mode. Majority of group finder related groups will skip. It's just normal actions.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Adanis
01.20.2013 , 12:45 PM | #3
Insulting and getting mad at players that have the time to play more than you is not the solution to your problem man. Find a group of people to play with (usually called guilds) that are like minded on what you need out of the game.

AsheraII
01.20.2013 , 01:06 PM | #4
Just "accidentally" pull the bosses anyway.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Hyfy
01.20.2013 , 01:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing all the bosses, or do story mode. Majority of group finder related groups will skip. It's just normal actions.
Oooooor, you know people could actually try to act like they are on the same team here and say from the beginning that they want to do all the bosses, or only the necessary ones, or skip every other one, or whatever and let the group decide instead of you (either of you) deciding for everyone else what the group is going to do.

Just because you used the group finder doesn't mean everyone wants to either race through it, or skip half of it just because YOU think thats what it should be, and the alternate applies as well.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

SentinelDranoel
01.20.2013 , 01:14 PM | #6
send bug reports like I do. Go over the players head and appeal to BW. I noticed Malgus was not fallling in the hole anymore.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

Naholen
01.20.2013 , 01:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. I dont care if you have done it houndreds of times then you should get a life.
So make skipping bannable. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as much as boss count except the first boss , giving boss addtional damage , damage reduction and health. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed
second boss >>>>> 2x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
third boss >>>>>>> 4x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed
last boss >>>>>>> 16x [ skippersgetalife] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .
All of those flashpoints you can do on your own in story mode up to red reaper if you aren't geared.

The rest you can duo with a like minded friend.

Be smart. Think smart. Act smart.
In space no one can hear you scream.

caveslug
01.20.2013 , 01:17 PM | #8
I have no problem doing the bosses if others really want to do them. Which I have in the past when people ask.

However I do say yes to skipping all the trash and spacebar the cut scenes. If you want to see the story, well then do it on story mode.
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 01:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
send bug reports like I do. Go over the players head and appeal to BW. I noticed Malgus was not fallling in the hole anymore.
He still does
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Hyfy
01.20.2013 , 01:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
It may be YOUR normal actions, but for myself I see just as many groups I end up in from group finder doing the whole thing as I do running into groups that want to space-bar and hit the bare minimum. So your very same logic could be used on you

[Group] [Hyfy]: Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing the bare minimum.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid