Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

We want arenas. Enough of pve content.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
We want arenas. Enough of pve content.

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
01.22.2013 , 03:11 PM | #51
Whether you like or not not everyone like pvp. You might as well get used to that fact.

Your opinion is you want arenas and that is your opinion but when you say we you are speaking for the whole community and you can't do that .

No one can speak for another person. Each person has a right to disagree with you and yet when they do you get on your high horse and get mad and angry because someone disagrees with you.

This is an open forum and you will need to accept the fact not everyone agrees with you just as everyone has to accept the fact that you want something they don't.

Instead of saying We you should edit your post to say I want because it is more truthful than we.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Darth-Rammstein's Avatar


Darth-Rammstein
01.22.2013 , 05:50 PM | #52
I don't have a problem with arena as long as it doesn't give any special rewards...also I have a feeling that having rated arena would completely kill off any chance of rated wz from becoming popular. Why get a group of 8 together when you can farm rated comms in 2v2 3v3 5v5?
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

madtycoon's Avatar


madtycoon
01.22.2013 , 07:57 PM | #53
I don't know why people argue against more end game PvP content. Arena would offer that.

3v3 would be great, but i think the only viable comps would be tank/healer/dps. This would pose a huge problem, because there's only really 2 classes that can tank in PvP effectively and really most would want Juggernaut I think, because aside from sap openers, assassins are a lot easier to kill in longer fights and don't offer as much.

Most class specs are dps and if they would only have one slot on any viable arena comp, theres no way that many people could even play arenas. It would be like if double healer was the only viable comp in WoW while most players play dps classes. So for this reason, I think arenas would be unpopular in swtor.

Also countering guard and taunt would be really difficult. You can't really cc tanks (aside from knockbacks or pulls) without switching off the target with guard. So i'm pretty sure marauder would be the best dps with a tank + healer, just because they don't need guard to live while their healer and tank are CCed.

So pretty much everyone would run Jedi Cleave heh.

And to the people talking about BC and Wrath arenas. That was like 5 years ago? Players were a lot worse then. Especially in BC. I'm pretty sure 1800 players now are better than glads from BC. Wrath at least had faster globals which favored players with higher APM.

Pysces's Avatar


Pysces
01.22.2013 , 08:27 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
I don't have a problem with arena as long as it doesn't give any special rewards...also I have a feeling that having rated arena would completely kill off any chance of rated wz from becoming popular. Why get a group of 8 together when you can farm rated comms in 2v2 3v3 5v5?
I think people would still be engaged with 8 man ops, but I guess that would be more the serious pvp guilds. Regardless, arena is still an excellent idea and welcome addition to the game in my opinion.
Llium: Advanced Prototype Bounty Hunter

Prophecy of the Five

vimm's Avatar


vimm
01.22.2013 , 10:25 PM | #55
What PvE content?
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

cashogy's Avatar


cashogy
01.22.2013 , 10:28 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
What PvE content?
all those new Operations!

ohwait...

Knockerz's Avatar


Knockerz
01.22.2013 , 11:38 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
I don't know why people argue against more end game PvP content. Arena would offer that.

3v3 would be great, but i think the only viable comps would be tank/healer/dps. This would pose a huge problem, because there's only really 2 classes that can tank in PvP effectively and really most would want Juggernaut I think, because aside from sap openers, assassins are a lot easier to kill in longer fights and don't offer as much.

Most class specs are dps and if they would only have one slot on any viable arena comp, theres no way that many people could even play arenas. It would be like if double healer was the only viable comp in WoW while most players play dps classes. So for this reason, I think arenas would be unpopular in swtor.

Also countering guard and taunt would be really difficult. You can't really cc tanks (aside from knockbacks or pulls) without switching off the target with guard. So i'm pretty sure marauder would be the best dps with a tank + healer, just because they don't need guard to live while their healer and tank are CCed.

So pretty much everyone would run Jedi Cleave heh.

And to the people talking about BC and Wrath arenas. That was like 5 years ago? Players were a lot worse then. Especially in BC. I'm pretty sure 1800 players now are better than glads from BC. Wrath at least had faster globals which favored players with higher APM.
That' isn't necessary true. It's like saying people are better raiders than in vanilla wow or early bc. There wasn't boss mods or any of the really helpful mods for raiding so of course people will be better at raiding when you have a mod telling when so and so boss is going to do a special ect. Back when arenas were first implemented there wasn't any mods and there wasn't any clear cut classes that dominated arenas. It mirrored vanilla raiding. There was no win trading or exploiting like today. Thus, I personally think it was better in bc because at least you didn't have any of bs that exist today in arenas or rated battlegrounds.

Although I suspect if rated warzones take off here people will resort to win trading just like in wow and there is little swtor can do about it much like wow. You either ban them and lose money or you let them exploit the system.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess