Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We want arenas. Enough of pve content.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
We want arenas. Enough of pve content.

Ataruu
01.20.2013 , 04:57 PM | #21
Arenas?
No Thank you

Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
Arena? No thanks. Balance the classes, get rid of pre-mades vs pugs and then I could see more people wanting arenas.
/signed

Aiobhill
01.20.2013 , 05:24 PM | #22
Heck NO.

- the other game that sports Arenas actually considers them to be a failure
- developer time is limited and better not spent on what will be a minority within a minority of customers
- without new gear it will be dead at arrival
- with new gear it will worsen the already atrocious gear gap at 50
- focus on the premade vs solo problem before doing anything else in pvp, it massively turns away people

fungihoujo
01.20.2013 , 05:25 PM | #23
Maybe if they saw certain classes were a must in arenas they'd do something about boosting the classes that are entirely absent.

Or maybe they'll boost the ones that everyone is already playing, Bioware balance style!

Avanami
01.21.2013 , 06:26 AM | #24
As a WoW ex gladiator i dont realy wana see arenas in swtor because of one simple reason - BALANCE. I am 100% sure BW cant handle it without breaking some classes to the ground and i dont realy wana see each 2-3 month total class rebalancing. But there are one thing i realy wana see in SWTOR - CROSS-SERVER WZ and FP.
Akinaro - Jedi Shadow of ToFN

Masarko
01.21.2013 , 06:30 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by tekhiun View Post
Before arenas what we need are premade only queue and some frequent class re adjustments, not this lazy attitude that bioware has been having let the warzones get filled with fotms for months now. Then you can maybe talk about arenas.
If we get arenas, the premades will go there instead.

Brimmer
01.21.2013 , 09:10 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Because like it or not, pve is their main market.
^ This

It's the main market of every single mmorpg that lasts longer than a year. Can you name a single pvp mmorpg that lasts more than a few months? I can't they are fun but they die quick and go offline.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Neoforcer
01.21.2013 , 09:31 AM | #27
I do not want arena in swtor arena was the worst thing ever added to wow. I have an idea lets not copy wow and make swtor it own game you wont arena play wow. I been pvping since launch of this game and i for one do not miss arena's one bit.

DCVAN
01.21.2013 , 10:04 AM | #28
Yeah arenas really need to happen. There is a huge crowd that hates wow, but they keep going back to it because it is the only game with arenas. Arenas can be highly competitive for the hardcore pvp'ers while being popular with casual players because they are so quick and easily organized. It ls not hard to log in with a couple of friends and play a few matches.

Gear could still come from warzones. Bioware could still make class balancing decisions based off 8v8 warzones only, if necessary. This game is actually more balanced than people give it credit for. Give arenas players a rating and maybe even some vanity items and they will still be popular.

More options > more players > better queue times (even for ranked warzones) > more money for bioware

Neoforcer
01.21.2013 , 10:23 AM | #29
The devs will not do arena just a fyi they said they like the 8v8 pvp model. There not going down the that wow did with pvp arena as it lead to some very bad issues. Blizzard even said they wish they them self never put arena's into wow wonder why that was. Maybe it is because it took way to many devs to try to balance arena's instead of other content. SO you guys are barking up the wrong tree look at the fact we don't have macro chat bubbles and other things. You really think the we few want arena NOW crowd is going to make then do it.

Arena need to stay were they are in the past were they belong. Lets head to better pvp in the current model not down some other games mistake.

Rimorian
01.21.2013 , 11:09 AM | #30
Think arenas is amazing idea that will make SW:TOR and especially it's PvP part much better.
+1 for arenas. For the love of god add them please.