Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Take a page from WoW and let Tanks do some dmg.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Take a page from WoW and let Tanks do some dmg.

Phyltr's Avatar


Phyltr
01.23.2013 , 04:27 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Garanaga View Post
No, no, NO is my way of saying I disagree wholeheartedly. It is not a childish temper tantrum, and the fact you would view it as such makes me think it is you that has a serious mental issue you should discuss with a psychotherapist. You may disagree with me, and that is fine. You are more than entitled to your opinion. But again you are doing nothing more than trying to berate me instead of staying on topic. Do you wish to discuss the topic at hand or are you going to keep trying to continue derailing this thread?
You might want to point that arm-chair psychoanalysis inward, friend.

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
01.23.2013 , 06:24 PM | #42
Ofc tanks should do some damage. Ofc they shouldnīt do as much as a dps. Noone is arguing that. tanks dooing less than half as much damage as a dps, jugs and guardians closer to a third thatīs what is beeing questioned.

Tanks should do equal damage, equal to other tanks. Dps should do more damage. How much more then ?
Well, imo tanks are ok with about 50% of a dpsser. I wouldnīt mind if they got a bit more, but 50% is fine.

I will say this though. Guardians and jugs need some love in the tps department. I understand why hiltstrike was nerfed, but it hurt tank "dps" and thereby threath quite abit. We need something to make up for it.

Garanaga's Avatar


Garanaga
01.23.2013 , 08:46 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
You might want to point that arm-chair psychoanalysis inward, friend.
That's a no to my question then is it? Very well. Since I cannot have a decent conversation with you regarding the topic at hand, I shall ignore you from now. I do not see the point in trying to converse with someone who obviously regards someone with a difference of opinion from them as acting like a child. Good day sir!

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
01.24.2013 , 04:31 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
I love playing as a Tank but boy it kills my immersion when I have to beat on something for 5 minutes with my "Lightsaber" just to kill it. In Wotlk wow started letting Tanks do decent dmg on their own and it didn't ruin the game in anyway. Just made playing as a tank much more enjoyable. Please please purtty please.
LOL. Do you realize that under the current game rules (1.6x), Assassin tanks already do more damage than Merc dps? No, you probably didn't. You need to examine your skill trees a bit more and figure out how best to use them. An expert player piloting an Assassin tank can reach 900k damage output in a long (15min) warzone or about 10-15% more than Merc dps. So stop complaining and L2P.

Now what does this say about class balance in ToR, when a tank subclass does more damage than a dps subclass, AND is still a tank, AND has stealth as well?!

Eggsalicious's Avatar


Eggsalicious
01.24.2013 , 09:38 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
I love playing as a Tank but boy it kills my immersion when I have to beat on something for 5 minutes with my "Lightsaber" just to kill it.
You have not fought one mob in this game that took you 5 minutes to kill solo. Name three mobs that you have soloed in SWTOR that took you five minutes to kill. Even the final boss fights are simple affairs that only require you to move out of fairly obvious aoes.

Additionally, if that what you wrote had been true, beating on something for a long time because tanks are durable and, by way of tradeoffs, do less damage should have been completely immersive for you because that is precisely what tanks traditionally do.

Oh, and tank dps is currently ridiculous by any reasonable standard.

Phyltr's Avatar


Phyltr
01.24.2013 , 01:46 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
LOL. Do you realize that under the current game rules (1.6x), Assassin tanks already do more damage than Merc dps? No, you probably didn't. You need to examine your skill trees a bit more and figure out how best to use them. An expert player piloting an Assassin tank can reach 900k damage output in a long (15min) warzone or about 10-15% more than Merc dps. So stop complaining and L2P.

Now what does this say about class balance in ToR, when a tank subclass does more damage than a dps subclass, AND is still a tank, AND has stealth as well?!
Um...either you are mistaking a DPS assassin as a tank, or you really don't know how to play a DPS merc. In our ops last night:

Zorn & Toth
Assassin Tank - 512.7 DPS
DPS Merc - 1183.4 DPS

Firebrand & Stormcaller
Assassin Tank - 649.3 DPS
DPS Merc - 1282.2 DPS

Colonel Vorgath logs are off because I was on the control panel

Kephess
Assassin Tank - 434.6 DPS
DPS Merc - 1149.4 DPS

LethalVector's Avatar


LethalVector
01.24.2013 , 02:08 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
Um...either you are mistaking a DPS assassin as a tank, or you really don't know how to play a DPS merc. In our ops last night:

Zorn & Toth
Assassin Tank - 512.7 DPS
DPS Merc - 1183.4 DPS

Firebrand & Stormcaller
Assassin Tank - 649.3 DPS
DPS Merc - 1282.2 DPS

Colonel Vorgath logs are off because I was on the control panel

Kephess
Assassin Tank - 434.6 DPS
DPS Merc - 1149.4 DPS
Assassins still have the highest dps of all the tanks

Phyltr's Avatar


Phyltr
01.24.2013 , 04:53 PM | #48
No arguments there.

To clarify, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of tanks doing more damage, so long as its not at the level of DPS. I can complete my dailies pretty effectively and timely with well-geared companions, but I could always stand to do them faster.

However, my preferred outcome would simply be a real dual-spec implementation. I honestly don't care about what my DPS looked like compared to actual DPSers so long as I can hold threat and we aren't hitting enrages.