Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think im being ripped off

ordiso
01.19.2013 , 07:06 AM | #1
i was checking my bank account and on my statement www.swtor.com has taken $18.98 out of my bank, now i am a subscriber and im from Australia so im not sure if ive been ripped off or the subscription price has changed

ckoneful
01.19.2013 , 07:10 AM | #2
Pretty sure that's your country taxing you. Could be wrong, but I'm almost positive. Australia sucks for gaming.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
60 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 48 Sorceror
53 Guardian 50 Gunslinger 53 Vanguard 55 Shadow
100% of Class Stories completed

Brimmer
01.19.2013 , 07:10 AM | #3
1 Australian Dollar = 1.05 US Dollar

Possible to be taxes as well.

I know often Australians complain on the steam forums about extremely high prices. It seems that this is just one of those cases, of higher costs for Australians.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Lovethebeard
01.19.2013 , 07:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ordiso View Post
i was checking my bank account and on my statement www.swtor.com has taken $18.98 out of my bank, now i am a subscriber and im from Australia so im not sure if ive been ripped off or the subscription price has changed
Hey mate, i am from Australia myself and yes, American dollers is slightly more expensive than Australian, and yeah also Taxes as well. This is in no way Biowares doing.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Schwerpunkt
01.19.2013 , 07:21 AM | #5
So yes you are indeed being ripped off but it's by your own governemt and not Bioware.
CE Player In the ongoing battle between Good and Evil, Evil has more fun.

AsheraII
01.19.2013 , 07:26 AM | #6
Banks also aren't known for using the exchange rate that would be most profitable to you. And they're very quick to throw in some additional fees as well.
The times where you put some money on an account and received some annual interest have long gone. These days you'll need to put in a LOT of money to even break even with all the additional costs they charge you with. Supposedly, they get to work more efficiently nowadays with computers and online banking and stuff, but the additional costs keep climbing every year, and they keep thinking up new excuses to charge additional fees.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Applicator
01.19.2013 , 07:41 AM | #7
Foreign currency exchange charge.