Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current TTK

cashogy
01.18.2013 , 02:12 PM | #21
you dont balance a game around "the 99%". that is how we get things like our current iteration of resolve, which is terrible.

balance needs to be done around the absolute best performance that can be gotten out of a class. meaning, "the 1%ers" are what the game should be balanced around.

if not, the 1%ers cause more problems by massively exploiting the easy-mode-ness that bioware creates by dumbing things down

UGLYMRJ
01.18.2013 , 02:14 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
you dont balance a game around "the 99%". that is how we get things like our current iteration of resolve, which is terrible.

balance needs to be done around the absolute best performance that can be gotten out of a class. meaning, "the 1%ers" are what the game should be balanced around.

if not, the 1%ers cause more problems by massively exploiting the easy-mode-ness that bioware creates by dumbing things down
This is spot on...

funkiestj
01.18.2013 , 02:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I see a lot of comments saying TTK needs to be reduced... people want things to die faster.

Am I the only one that likes where TTK is right now?

Just my thoughts.... what's yours?
Agree. I think the people who are happy don't post nearly as much as people who are unhappy.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

L-RANDLE
01.18.2013 , 02:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
If PVP as a whole declines because the majority of the players do not enjoy being dead so quickly and so often, how will that affect the rated queues? Will they pop even less than they do now or will it somehow magically increase?

But ok, screw the 99% and lets just balance PVP for a few dozen rated teams.

Sometimes I really wonder if people even think about the consequences before they write stuff....
But part of the issue with the 99% is that they are not willing to understand that in a WZ you are limited by time in order to achieve said objectives. In essence, they are "wrong" for thinking TTK is too low. It needs to be low in order for objective based warzones to function.

In a healer free environment, TTK is about where it should be (20-30 globals). Once you put healers in the mix, TTK is actually a bit higher than it needs to be(and even more amplified in Ranked).

As you eluded to earlier, if they adjusted Resolve, the "feel of TTK being too low" would probably vanish.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

funkiestj
01.18.2013 , 02:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post

I agree here with a caveat: the histogram of the skill curve for a class matters, not just what the 1% can do with it.

If all classes are well balanced for the 99th percentile (1% best) but one class is easy mode compared to others for players at the 80th percentile that is a problem too. Not as big a problem as things being unbalanced at the top.

I agree that balancing the top end (what the 99th percentile) can do with the class takes priority over balancing the +- 1 standard deviation players but this does not mean we should ignore the +-1 standard deviation players -- they make up the bulk of the playing population.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Pvtcarnage
01.18.2013 , 02:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
I much prefer the TTK in GW2. Every fight is epic and people get to use all their tools and abilities, even in massed PvP fights with 30+ people targetting you can actually survive for a bit chaining your dodges and escape abilities.

Warhammer Online was just retarded at some point with Witch Elves and Witch Hunters melting people in 5-6 seconds.
Don't like the GW2 TTK... giving all that time, it does not make it very critical that you time and get your rotation right. GW2 feels like it lowers the skill needed to play imo.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

RankorSSGS
01.18.2013 , 02:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Agree. I think the people who are happy don't post nearly as much as people who are unhappy.
The happy people are playing the game haha. Either that or no free time at their job to spend on forums cough UGLYMRJ cough
Vesharia, Zannh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

Keyran-Halcyon
01.18.2013 , 02:24 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
I firmly believe that nerfing every offensive ability in the game equally, by let's say 10 %, would indirectly add balance. For the simple reason that it would give the weaker AC'es more time to use their tools. Sorcs and mercs benefit from drawn out fights where spike damage (smash) plays a lesser role and where dots get to run for the full duration.
It would be easier to just do a blanket increase to either Endurance or armor. Also nerfing damage even across the board like that will cause so much QQ'ing by the DPS classes. You would see tons of "I used to hit for X and now my damage is Y... cry cry cry whine whine whine"
Rogue Heals
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

Washingtoon
01.18.2013 , 02:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
In a healer free environment, TTK is about where it should be (20-30 globals).
I'm having whatever Randle is having. Make it a double.

L-RANDLE
01.18.2013 , 02:31 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
I'm having whatever Randle is having. Make it a double.
Given no exterior influence, CDs, medpacks, and reduction adrenals available to each class, that's about right...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango