Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current TTK

RankorSSGS
01.18.2013 , 01:40 PM | #11
I also quite like TTK where it is. And there is a lot more than stun bubbles slowing down rated TTK, it was slow long before the stun bubble madness was put in the game.

I find that most posts are wanting TTK to be raised, so that things die slower, rather than asking things to die faster.
Vesharia, Zannáh, Xeshara Retired due to broken class
Jetii'ka - Combat/Focus Bloodfrenzie - Carnage/Rage
Pot5/Bastion

UGLYMRJ
01.18.2013 , 01:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
TTK in rated is longer because of the organized use of stun bubbles - take that away and things would look quite different.

Rated Teams make up about 1% of the PVP population (that's probably a high estimate).
Pugs and "enhanced pugs" (small teams of guildies) make up the other 99% of the PVP population.

For the 99%, TTK is too short now - and that is really what matters for the game as a whole.

EAware could fix that by either:
a) do-over of the Resolve system, so stunlock kills are less frequent, or
b) reducing damage output across the board or
c) increasing survivability and/or defense cooldowns across all classes

Personally, I think they should start with Resolve and then adjust b) and c) as needed.
TTK was about the same before bubbles in rated, maybe slightly longer now but not huge.... I nearly ignored the rest of what you said after reading that.

TTK is NOT too short right now... if they made it take longer to kill people... NO ONE would die in a competitive, rated game.

The only thing I can agree on is the resolve system but the only change I would make is returning it to it's previous state. I'm just assuming but it sounds like a lot of your feedback is coming from regs which is fine and needs to be kept in mind but increasing survivability in rated would be a horrible mistake.

UGLYMRJ
01.18.2013 , 01:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
I also quite like TTK where it is. And there is a lot more than stun bubbles slowing down rated TTK, it was slow long before the stun bubble madness was put in the game.

I find that most posts are wanting TTK to be raised, so that things die slower, rather than asking things to die faster.
I seem to notice more people asking for things to die quicker... the way some people get burned in regs I can't imagine it being shorter. Though I have seen many asking for it to be increased too.

IDK... I like where it is right now keeping regs and rated in mind.

L-RANDLE
01.18.2013 , 01:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
what's yours?
It is about right. Especially if you get certain classes up to snuff and adjust resolve slightly...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Technohic
01.18.2013 , 01:45 PM | #15
I'm not sure TBH. I need to gear up and play more classes in level 50 PvP, but I know on my sniper, TTK for both myself and targets seemed to go up considerably in 50 compared to sub-50. Think it has to do with better armor compared to the sub50 versions dealing with the bolstered attacks. IDK. I guess thats why I need to do more on other toons that are 50 to have an educated opinion.

Totaltrash
01.18.2013 , 02:02 PM | #16
TTK was about the same before bubbles in rated, maybe slightly longer now but not huge.... I nearly ignored the rest of what you said after reading that.

TTK is NOT too short right now... if they made it take longer to kill people... NO ONE would die in a competitive, rated game.

The only thing I can agree on is the resolve system but the only change I would make is returning it to it's previous state. I'm just assuming but it sounds like a lot of your feedback is coming from regs which is fine and needs to be kept in mind but increasing survivability in rated would be a horrible mistake.
If PVP as a whole declines because the majority of the players do not enjoy being dead so quickly and so often, how will that affect the rated queues? Will they pop even less than they do now or will it somehow magically increase?

But ok, screw the 99% and lets just balance PVP for a few dozen rated teams.

Sometimes I really wonder if people even think about the consequences before they write stuff....

Joesixxpack
01.18.2013 , 02:04 PM | #17
I think it's fine currently but agree some ACs need dev. love. Issues I've seen are attributable to learning 2 play (hopefully that's what they're doing) and poor team cohesion. Those don't justify change. This refers only to NWZs though; can't speak about rateds since didn't do many and not in a while.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

UGLYMRJ
01.18.2013 , 02:06 PM | #18
If PVP as a whole declines because the majority of the players do not enjoy being dead so quickly and so often, how will that affect the rated queues? Will they pop even less than they do now or will it somehow magically increase?

But ok, screw the 99% and lets just balance PVP for a few dozen rated teams.

Sometimes I really wonder if people even think about the consequences before they write stuff....
I never once used the word queues... it would affect the match. The games themselves... Drastically.

Speaking of thinking before posting...

Totaltrash
01.18.2013 , 02:11 PM | #19
I never once used the word queues... it would affect the match. The games themselves... Drastically.

Speaking of thinking before posting...
Without a queue, you don't have a match - and then all of this becomes purely theoretical and a big waste of time.

UGLYMRJ
01.18.2013 , 02:12 PM | #20
Without a queue, you don't have a match - and then all of this becomes purely theoretical and a big waste of time.
What does TTK have to do with a queue....

I know it's tough being wrong... but walking away would have been less embarassing for you.

What are you even talking about?