Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current TTK

UGLYMRJ
01.18.2013 , 12:20 PM | #1
I see a lot of comments saying TTK needs to be reduced... people want things to die faster.

Am I the only one that likes where TTK is right now?

In an unorganized reg war zone TTK is short... really short sometimes and I can't imagine it being lower.

On the other end of that TTK in rated with well organized groups is high... high enough to where CC becomes a major factor, which makes it more strategic IMO and to the point that once ONE person drops it drastically affects the fight... instantly swinging the momentum.

Especially from a rated perspective, current TTK takes focus and coordination. I like the long active fight that happens at a single node. Personally I would prefer to have that epic battle over one node vs the constant running around and chasing you get from regs. If TTK was reduced, I think it would allow for less coordination of an entire team and strongly favor DPS.

Just my thoughts.... what's yours?

Azrienov
01.18.2013 , 12:28 PM | #2
TTK already favors DPS. A healer can counter that, but intelligent play will negate a healer.(switching off to CC, or interrupt before returning to principal, assigning a sentinel to harass the healer.)

TTK needs to be looked at for tanks, and defensive cooldowns of some classes. But it doesn't need to be reduced.

CharterMonkKent
01.18.2013 , 12:33 PM | #3
I've said this in another thread today. Same applies here...

Correct use of defensive cooldowns, commonsense game play and a balanced team reduce TTK
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Washingtoon
01.18.2013 , 12:35 PM | #4
I firmly believe that nerfing every offensive ability in the game equally, by let's say 10 %, would indirectly add balance. For the simple reason that it would give the weaker AC'es more time to use their tools. Sorcs and mercs benefit from drawn out fights where spike damage (smash) plays a lesser role and where dots get to run for the full duration.

UGLYMRJ
01.18.2013 , 12:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
I formly believe that nerfing every offensive ability in the game equally, by let's say 10 %, would indirectly add balance. For the simple reason that it would give the weaker AC'es more time to use their tools. Sorcs and mercs benefit from drawn out fights where spike damage (smash) plays a lesser role and where dots get to run for the full duration.
Heals would need to be reduced as well then or nothing would die.... on top of that, I don't think that would help the weaker classes at all and it would also hurt stealth classes who rely on fast, high burst from stealth.

Rendolphe
01.18.2013 , 12:38 PM | #6
We need more assist focus target,

MOAAAAAAARRRR.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

KruelhandJorb
01.18.2013 , 12:58 PM | #7
i like the ttk in this game. GW2 the TTK is way to long. I played Warhammer online and I could kill a target in 2 or 3 global cooldowns in that game if I wanted to. I think our TTK is actually right where it should be.

just my 2 cents
Conqueror Nowuc Saberward - Jedi Sentinel - The Bastion

LordExozone
01.18.2013 , 01:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KruelhandJorb View Post
i like the ttk in this game. GW2 the TTK is way to long. I played Warhammer online and I could kill a target in 2 or 3 global cooldowns in that game if I wanted to. I think our TTK is actually right where it should be.

just my 2 cents
I much prefer the TTK in GW2. Every fight is epic and people get to use all their tools and abilities, even in massed PvP fights with 30+ people targetting you can actually survive for a bit chaining your dodges and escape abilities.

Warhammer Online was just retarded at some point with Witch Elves and Witch Hunters melting people in 5-6 seconds.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Totaltrash
01.18.2013 , 01:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I see a lot of comments saying TTK needs to be reduced... people want things to die faster.

In an unorganized reg war zone TTK is short... really short sometimes and I can't imagine it being lower.

On the other end of that TTK in rated with well organized groups is high... high enough to where CC becomes a major factor, which makes it more strategic IMO and to the point that once ONE person drops it drastically affects the fight... instantly swinging the momentum.

Especially from a rated perspective, current TTK takes focus and coordination. I like the long active fight that happens at a single node. Personally I would prefer to have that epic battle over one node vs the constant running around and chasing you get from regs. If TTK was reduced, I think it would allow for less coordination of an entire team and strongly favor DPS.

TTK in rated is longer because of the organized use of stun bubbles - take that away and things would look quite different.

Rated Teams make up about 1% of the PVP population (that's probably a high estimate).
Pugs and "enhanced pugs" (small teams of guildies) make up the other 99% of the PVP population.

For the 99%, TTK is too short now - and that is really what matters for the game as a whole.

EAware could fix that by either:
a) do-over of the Resolve system, so stunlock kills are less frequent, or
b) reducing damage output across the board or
c) increasing survivability and/or defense cooldowns across all classes

Personally, I think they should start with Resolve and then adjust b) and c) as needed.

cashogy
01.18.2013 , 01:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

agreed.

in a competitive environment, with dedicated healers/tanks TTK is 100% fine.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads