Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy and 'epic moment' cooldown

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Legacy and 'epic moment' cooldown

Avia
01.18.2013 , 10:15 AM | #1
The way it seems right now, is it possible to get an 'epic moment' or w/e it's called with no cooldown? if each companion is minus one minute on the CD and there are 20 companions total? Just wondering, since that would really be the only reason i'd finish leveling my alts, instead of going completionist on my main (that and the presence bonus at least).

Never_Hesitate
01.18.2013 , 10:24 AM | #2
There are 5 Companion types: Range Tank, Melee Tank, Range DPS, Melee DPS, Heal
the cd reduction counts for all this types only one time.
Example: I have Khem Val, Mako, Skadge maxed out
Khem is a melee tank -1min, Mako is heal -1min, but skadge is melee tank as well -0min
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Avia
01.18.2013 , 10:56 AM | #3
So the minimum cooldown reduction is 5 minutes?

Do the additional companions continue to give duration then? And I assume the presence buff keeps stacking as well?

Jadescythe
01.18.2013 , 11:14 AM | #4
The maximum decrease is 5 minutes. Maxing affection with Vette and Andronikos would only give you 1 minute reduction since they are both ranged DPS companions. Presence continues to stack based on each companion as far as I'm aware, however.
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

CondemnedMarine
01.18.2013 , 11:14 AM | #5
Nope, the presence buff caps out at 50 (10 per companion type), and the duration caps out at 60 seconds (12 seconds per companion type).

Never_Hesitate
01.18.2013 , 11:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Avia View Post
So the maximal cooldown reduction is 5 minutes?

Do the additional companions continue to give duration then? And I assume the presence buff keeps stacking as well?
+10 Presence keeps stacking for all comps

the duration bonus is as far as I know, bound to the comp types as well. (i'm not sure and i cannot look it up at the moment )
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Avia
01.18.2013 , 11:38 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CondemnedMarine View Post
Nope, the presence buff caps out at 50 (10 per companion type), and the duration caps out at 60 seconds (12 seconds per companion type).
Can someone else confirm this? This means that the only purpose of maxing out companions is for story and performance purposes, if you completed a single character, and seems kind of...bad. Why cap presence and duration..

CallasPA
01.18.2013 , 11:57 AM | #8
Presence definitely continues stacking for all companions with finished conversation chains, regardless of their combat type or your other characters' efforts. I have 3 50's with all finished companions and working on a fourth, and I specifically checked my Presence before-and-after I finished the final conversation with one of my latest companions. It went up by 10, same as all the rest.

For the heroic moment, though, it's true that you can only improve it from a 1 min duration and 20 min cooldown, to a 2 min duration and 15 min cooldown, by finishing one companion of each combat type.

Skodan
01.18.2013 , 12:13 PM | #9
I have 39 companions unlocked in my legacy (all but kira). i get a bonus of 390 presence from the 39 comps, plus an additional 100 from human unlock.

Heroic Moment: cooldown of 15 minutes
Legacy Abilities: CD of 10 minutes each (you can use all Legacy Abilities within the time of your HM, so fun watching both orbital strike and lightning storm hehehe

Unity/Sacrifice share a 5minute CD
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds