Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Slicing Mission Unlocks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Slicing Mission Unlocks

Zevrad
01.18.2013 , 04:15 AM | #1
So when you crit on a slicing mission you often get an "unlock" item, for say, treasure hunt or investigation: my question is this. Does what rank slicing mission you get them on determine what missions they are? For instance, if I get one or two unlocks from slicing rank 1 missions, and then start doing rank 2 missions, if I want to unlock all the bonus missions, do I have to keep doing more rank 1's to get them all?

Please explain the mechanics of this.

Sponsored by your favourite Padawan educational show - "Teach me, Jedi!" - Taking the place of absentee masters since the advent of the Jedi order.

wainot-keel
01.18.2013 , 06:09 AM | #2
There are no grade 1 discovery missions. Those are for grade 2 and above. A crit on a grade 3 lockbox slicing mission will reward you with a random grade 3 discovery mission, a crit on a grade 5 lockbox, a grade 5 discovery mission, etc

DataBeaver
01.18.2013 , 07:04 AM | #3
Furthermore, after using the unlock item, you can only do the mission once, after which you'll need a new unlock item. So "unlocking all the missions" does not make sense.

L-RANDLE
01.18.2013 , 09:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zevrad View Post
So when you crit on a slicing mission you often get an "unlock" item, for say, treasure hunt or investigation: my question is this. Does what rank slicing mission you get them on determine what missions they are? For instance, if I get one or two unlocks from slicing rank 1 missions, and then start doing rank 2 missions, if I want to unlock all the bonus missions, do I have to keep doing more rank 1's to get them all?

Please explain the mechanics of this.

Sponsored by your favourite Padawan educational show - "Teach me, Jedi!" - Taking the place of absentee masters since the advent of the Jedi order.
As above, yes the level of the mission determines the level of the mission discovery item.

One thing I have noticed is that grade 5 Slicing Lockboxes reward Bio/Scav/UT missions.. All of the 340 variety(Grade 6 missions). While Grade 6 Slicing tends to award Investigation 340 missions at an alarming pace... So if you are seeking more variety, farm Grade 5 Lockboxes.

I also got some missions on my TH lockbox runs. I am not TH400 yet, but I still am checking out what it has to offer...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango