Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light or Dark?

dookudude
03.22.2013 , 09:37 AM | #71
Well, I started out going all-out dark on my Bounty Hunter, but then I got Mako as a companion. I don't know why, but I started picking the choices that Mako would like (light-side choices). Maybe I did this because whenever I would walk up to Mako she would be all like, "Hey girl! Let's make some easy credits!" I would just think: "Hm....money sure can bring cyborgs together. I like this kid".

I know, it's weird. But honestly, I had no more fun being Mrs. I'm-gonna-chop-your-head-off Bounty Hunter than Mrs. I'll-just-leave-you-alive-but-stll-turn-you-in-for-credits Bounty Hunter.

All in all, I'd say do what you feel is right, but don't rack up negative affection with your companion. That's what works for me, anyway.
Cyborg-Powertech. What more could one ask for?

FLAMETHROWER TIME!!!!

MasterOak
03.24.2013 , 03:31 AM | #72
My Bounty Hunter was light side before I deleted him. Tip for newcomers, don't roll light side. It makes no sense what so ever, and you'll just be disgusted with the character you've made.

whitemountains
03.25.2013 , 09:22 AM | #73
I seem to fall in line with a lot of other people on here. I will kill if needed, but my BH has more of a "warrior code" thing going on. I don't flip on my employers and don't make secondary deals. No killing just for bloodlust either. I think it makes the character more believable in that he isn't some sociopath.

darknessnova
03.29.2013 , 03:28 PM | #74
I really don't see LIGHT or DARK being what fits well with the BH (well, with others too, but some dark options are just massively douchebag moves for no freaking reason).

I think BH and Agent should be more like Mass Effect ... Are you a paragon or are you a renegade? Did you follow the rules, get the job done and save the day or did you break all the rules, still get the job done (mostly) and save the day (at least for the people you liked)? I know BW was sort of stuck with the LS/DS options and the KOTOR example of a code for jedi/sith, but for the average folks, I feel there should have somehow been another scale for those directly supporting "the system" and those who relish in "breaking it". Probably easier said than done but...

midianlord
04.04.2013 , 08:36 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Eildalior View Post
I've been playing as a true bounty hunter - in my opinion - : dark, evil, mean, killing a lot of people for bribes and obviously - which is the most important - rich.

Enjoy
Sorry, bru, but:

That's not a professional bounty-hunter, that's a common thug with a few extra creds to spend on upgrading his guns and gear.

A proper BH has...what's the word...a certain restrained professional Úlan, ya know
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Lynariela
04.05.2013 , 05:29 AM | #76
My bounty hunter is generally light, but I've picked a few dark choices here and there. The only thing that light/dark really can gimp you on is the relics, so I picked up diplomacy (since I have biochem and bioanalysis anyway) to help compensate for the times I do pick a dark side choice. I play mine similar to how many of you have mentioned: Professional. I don't turn on my employers, and I get the job done the way it's wanted. The only time I didn't is *SPOILER ALERT* that one mission where the guy sends you to kill his daughter, I froze her and brought her to him instead. Mako liked it more, and he ended up having second-thoughts anyway so it worked out best for everyone.

Alexandriuc
04.05.2013 , 08:38 AM | #77
I always picked what felt right or natural during Chapter 1, but after that, with theme of honor as a Bounty Hunter and Mandalorian showing up here and there, I started to do as it dictated, even more so after I got Torian.

lokdron
04.06.2013 , 05:55 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDreath View Post
The Bounty Hunter is not neutral, and definently not a good guy. He's a stone cold evil bad ***.

I don't think the story gives you much wiggle room, honestly. When I started the story I tried to go in without a predetermined mind set (although part of me wanted to go light for variation in flashpoints because I figured most imperials would go dark). I figured I'd take the story as it came ty to make the most natural reactions and see where I ended up.

Now at lvl 23 I'm Dark II, with about 2800 DS and about 600 LS points.

Problem with the story is that you volunteer to join a killing contest. So early on I asked myself what type of personality would do this and I realized this guy is an evil bastard. I'm not saying that the LS options are fake, I think many of them are legitimate. In the end though they only serve to justify the BH conscience.

The bounty hunter is not a soldier or a lawman. He's a killer and a gangster. I don't think there's much room to debate it. If anyone of us claimed to know someone in a "Great Hunt" in real life, we would call that person a sociopath. "Just trying to make a living" in a wartorn state doesn't cut it as justification for the way this guy lives, it just doesn't.

You can let most of your mark's go or try to take them alive and try to look out for the innocents in the galaxy. But at the end of the day you're still a thief and a murderer. I think the only realistic way that someone takes the job of a bounty hunter is to be a very caloused and emotionally guarded person. Also, the BH is extremely selfish.

THe full LS bounty hunter is probably even more sociopathic that the DS one.

Regardless I've tried to give my charactor a "code" to make him more dynamic. So he spares the innocent as best he can, but I still end up making mostly evil choices, because going full LS just seems WAY to twisted for me to comprehend.
Have to agree here i wanted to test if mako learned anything I asked her what she wanted to do with the assassin. She said kill him because of what ever the hutts are going to do to him. I facepalmed they requested him alive as my BH said "you are too emotional for this job" *freezes*.

Gained some dark side points and I hate it when she starts crying when targets want me to kill them because of "Honor" the only thing I am worried about is the contract and it says they want you alive. *Proceeds to get even more dark side points*

She sees mando's and BH through bear goggles cause all other mando's I meet are rather bloodthirsty. Plus my BH did not become a mando did not have time for this whole honor nonsense and the other great hunt winners agreed with me called me ****** because of it.

I only consider a new contract if that said person is paying more as boba did he knew the rebels would pay him but guess what? The empire is giving him even more money.

My bh is dark 3 with like 600 lightside points.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!