Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[GUIDE] PvP Healing Sorcerer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
[GUIDE] PvP Healing Sorcerer

Xtrema
03.07.2013 , 05:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
I'm going to leave the last few sections for a little bit- wait for the new xpac that I know everyone's looking forward to before I decide if it's worth my time- of course, the earlier sections may change too, we'll have to see how abilities fare/change.

I'm not exactly hopeful from what I've already seen on the PTS... doesn't look like they listened to a thing we said. Thank goodness smash got buffed though.

/sigh

Well, here's hoping it's not as bad as it looks.
Still too early to call, theyre bound to make adjustments before it goes live. Anyways thanks for writing this, I just got my first alt to 50 and want to make sure I gear him well, would you mind finishing the gearing section or at least make some general notes? What are your thoughts on crit vs power and alacrity vs surge in pvp healing? Thanks!
Vegeta - Nadd's Sarcophagus

Harglerode
03.07.2013 , 08:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
Still too early to call, theyre bound to make adjustments before it goes live. Anyways thanks for writing this, I just got my first alt to 50 and want to make sure I gear him well, would you mind finishing the gearing section or at least make some general notes? What are your thoughts on crit vs power and alacrity vs surge in pvp healing? Thanks!
If you just hit 50 and plan on doing PvP, first thing to do is get familiar with the bubble stun hybrid build. This is a very friendly build with low stat requirements that should suit you well until better gear and higher expertise comes a long. As far as stats go, crit is subject to debate, but ranges from 30% to 35%. Anywhere in there is acceptable. Surge needs to be at least 75%, Any higher isnt needed, but not a big deal if you go over. Alacrity is debatable, you want faster cast for sure...but good luck standing still long enough to get a lot of them off. I carry right at 8%. From what I have seen, most of the better Pvp healers carry between 8% and 10%. So to sum it up. Crit (30%-35%), Surge (75%), Alacrity (8% to 10%). Once those numbers a met, and its not hard, just load up on as much willpower and power as you can.

Gearing, you can get the Tionese Chest and boots ( or which ever 2 you like, (pvp chest is very expensive). Buy 2 pvp Elite braces and replace the armoring and mod in the Tionese pcs with the pvp versions (Eventually replace the enhancement as well). Now you have that 2pc bonus with pvp stats. Overall you will want to buy the full WH set (minus the 2 pcs you have of Tionese). Long story short, I have all of the WH set, minus 2 pcs of Tionese pcs. So I have the 2pc bonus from both sets. After gaining the set, time for min-max. I believe the elite braces are 550 reg coms (have to buy the WH version first) and 1250 or 1275 ranked comms. These are the cheapest ones to get and carry the best power mod you will need. Low endurance, low main stat, high power. That should be the rule to use on all mods, low endurance, low main stat (except for enhancements (no main stat) and high secondary stat. The armorings from the elite bracers can go into (outside of the bracers themselves ofcourse) your offhand (high force power tied to armoring) and the 2 pcs of Tionese gear, as I mentioned before. Not trying to throw to much into one post...at work and bored... Just remember, and all mods and enhancements, shoot for low endurance, high secondary stat. My gear consists of all power/surge, power/alacrility, with only my helm carrying crit/alacrility. (Puts my crit at 31% buffed). All augments show be main stat (willpower) due to the 6% increase to willpower we get with talent points. Relics should be power versions of WH relics. No harm in getting an advanced resolve hilt 27 for your saber. Matts are pretty cheap now. I hope this help at least alittle. Sorry if it only confused you more.
60 Sorc 60 Assassin 60 Op 60 Merc 60 Jugg

fungihoujo
04.17.2013 , 02:45 PM | #23
Well, it's going to be a while before I can update this now since people are just hitting 55.

Few things I can note- hybrid healing is more or less gone now, the overload root is extremely high in the lightning tree, and they basically removed the stun bubble- it's now only on self, and it's a mez- which means it gives resolve for something that'll likely be broken immediately... meaning, at times it may be worse to have the talent than to not have it.

The one notable change for us is force barrier- gives us a respite from being killed, though it's basically a self mez- unlike frost mages (since this ability is often compared to ice block), we as healers will lack an aoe root, easy long range stun, aoe slows, and blink/invis to completely get out of danger once the block is over- essentially, we have something that can pause us for a few moments while we hope someone else saves our butts...

Doesn't that sound familiar? Oh yes- back when I said this class's biggest problem is that its entirely reliant on other classes for survival, and ability to get off heals/damage. Well, our defensive CD is also reliant on that entirely. Looks like we're still heavily reliant on others to get off heals- something which I can tell you operatives do NOT share that problem, AT ALL.

Still- going to have to wait until a- people are more geared/comfortable with 55. And b- until BW fixes pvp in general, the bolster system and stat changes have made pvp, literally, a mess.

Sadly, my only real advice I can give at this time is, 'gonna get naked!'.

The good news, if there's any, is alacrity has been made a worthwhile stat- in fact, it might even be THE stat to have now. It effects force regen as well, which means previous calculations on force management and healing I made are going to be irrelevant- and we may see an entirely new healing rotation emerge due to this.

May be a few weeks before I'm confident enough with the state of pvp to continue with this and to update what's changed with the xpac.

dunex
09.12.2013 , 07:06 PM | #24
what I se here bal bal bal bat .. but is big