Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is my Outfits colors different ?.......

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is my Outfits colors different ?.......
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Turshek
01.19.2013 , 05:07 AM | #41
It's a bit funny, it has been reported since launch, both in forums and in game with bug reports, that the Slave Girl Top has this problem.

All the cloth parts (around the neck, on the sides of the bra, the loincloth) change of color depending on the skin tone of the character wearing it. It's supposed to be burgundy when it's white or close to when your character has dark skin. In the character sheet, preview window, during cutscenes it's normal color. It also applies that normal color to other armor pieces when using the Unify color option.

But well... everything is good, after a year, they found a fix !

Rincewend
01.20.2013 , 11:32 PM | #42
This also happens with Revan's lower now, when I put it on with anything other than his top it washes out not change colors. I will take a picture in the morning to post.

Trispast
01.23.2013 , 06:06 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Trispast View Post
I have a Rattataki sorceror and have the same problem with my Rakata Force-Mystic's robe. It is nearly black on my character but the preview window and in conversations it is bright red.
Fixed!

Radzkie
01.23.2013 , 06:14 PM | #44
Awesome! I'm so happy they fixed it.

Kilikaa
01.23.2013 , 06:20 PM | #45
For whatever reason, skin tones change colors. For example, My Shadow previews the Reveler's top. in the window it shows up red like it should. I actually put it on her (she has medium tan skin) yet it is not red at all. It doesn't even show up as a pale pink. The color is just gone. The darker the skin the more the actual color changes on some outfits, despite what the preview window shows.

Some of my characters can't wear the outfits I would like because their skin changes the coloring of the outfit. Why BW has not addressed this until now is a mystery to me. It almost makes me sad when I am in cutscenes and see the proper coloring.

DerTaran
01.24.2013 , 12:51 AM | #46
In my case, the patch was fixing it as well. The red top of my female sorcerer has now the right color.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 60 Commando; Annakami 60 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 55 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

Ailie
01.24.2013 , 01:02 AM | #47
Not only is it the colour, but the appearance as well. Hate to be picky but why do some robes have to be cut into tank tops for female characters? It just looks stupid.
Meh...

DerTaran
01.24.2013 , 01:08 AM | #48
Behause it just looks sexy
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 60 Commando; Annakami 60 Vanguard; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 55 Scoundrel; Orokriste 55 Shadow
Amitha 55 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

SithKoriandr
01.24.2013 , 01:11 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Not only is it the colour, but the appearance as well. Hate to be picky but why do some robes have to be cut into tank tops for female characters? It just looks stupid.
They could make the Aspiring Jedi Vest top like the males wear for females and the current one, because I know I don't want to lose the look my JK and Smuggler have now!

HotStuff_SW
01.24.2013 , 08:33 AM | #50
Just following up on my previous post about the Republic Dancer outfit on Risha. Logged in after the post, and the color now shows up correctly. Thank you for this fix, well done!