Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 quest, sanity buffer overflow

Tromador
01.18.2013 , 09:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Only took me about 15 minutes per planet per part, solo.
Not sure how that comment contributes to the thread, except to rub people's noses in it that they aren't doing as well.

Perhaps if you stated how you did each planet in 15 minutes, it would be more helpful.

Hovergame
01.18.2013 , 10:56 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tromador View Post
Not sure how that comment contributes to the thread, except to rub people's noses in it that they aren't doing as well.

Perhaps if you stated how you did each planet in 15 minutes, it would be more helpful.
Perhaps if people started to figure how to do something, then search a HOW-TO and finally post and complain, then we would give hints.

I got HK on my first char when everybody was looking for the parts. Last week, I searched for the parts with my other chars, and I never needed more than a few hours to clean the entire quest (Section X+Theoritika+parts+last quest).

He's probably in the wrong spot, he probably never tried to check on the Net where the part spawns and probably never asked anybody for help.

biguydeadd
01.19.2013 , 04:41 AM | #13
Something being difficult is a good thing,in terms of say...a difficult puzzle where you have to use your brains,or a fight that takes knowledge of your class and abilities to beat...

The HK parts thing,is just lazy dev work,and a royal pita.Throw some puzzles at me,but don't make me trudge around for hours on end hoping to get lucky and land on the random placement of the part.I could not get anyone else to look for hk parts on 3 different days DURING PRIMETIME on taris,first day i spent 3 whole hours there,i kept my excavations ranges linked to the best of my ability,and covered the entire sinking city map,no dice.Anyway,i give up with it,waste of time.

RikuvonDrake
01.19.2013 , 07:29 AM | #14
I did some math on it and spent three days doing all the dailies instead and then bought HK-51 for credits
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Smuglebunny
01.19.2013 , 08:37 AM | #15
Dont you have to unlock him by doing the quest on one toon first? Cuz If I could just unlock him that would be great.

I got all 5 searchable parts really fast all alone by going to where they were supposed to be and searching for them in a gridlike pattern over the area. I got each part within 15 min of arriving on a world. You just have to realize that its better to THOUROUGHLY search an area ONCE than to run all around with no plan. Just enter area, search, take a few steps, seach, repeat in gridlike pattern.over area.

The only problem now is I cant seem to get groups for the 2 flashpoints I need to do, which is odd cuz It seems like there is alot of people online...

Icebergy
01.19.2013 , 09:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
I did some math on it and spent three days doing all the dailies instead and then bought HK-51 for credits
So instead of spending a couple hours or less, you spent three days and then bought it.

Nice math, bro.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

innermoppet
01.19.2013 , 12:55 PM | #17
Tha main thing I don't like about the HK-51 quest line is it requires 2 flashpoints. I don't really like how "tactics" work for most flashpoint bosses. I also never seem to have the time to do them.
Honestly, what could go wrong?

thomasbaxter
01.19.2013 , 03:00 PM | #18
Lol the only reason it miffed me was I forgot to take into account the world ratio ie (1m of real land is probably 25m of virtual land) and I was wandering about 25meters to find the part which was about 100m really found the dark castle one after that.

Brimmer
01.20.2013 , 12:34 PM | #19
Use -> this <-
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

thomasbaxter
01.20.2013 , 12:56 PM | #20
Brimmer as much as it's a decent guide, the position of the part is RANDOM so you still gotta cover a lot of ground. Luckily I caught a couple of guys in the temple today and after 20 mins we found the part. Just gotta get the endar spire one now eugh