Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I've heard people suggest that WP is better than PWR for healing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I've heard people suggest that WP is better than PWR for healing

-Sirus-
02.08.2013 , 08:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
There are no soft or hard caps on primary stats so I have no idea what you're trying to say here.
There's a slight curve to the crit % chance gained from primary stat. WP is more valuable than power because it makes up for the bonus damage/healing difference with added crit chance. So, my point basically boils down to there should be some fixed point in which the .3 more bonus damage/healing from power outweighs the crit % gain from WP. One of these days I'm going to have to break out all the damage/healing formulas and find that point. Hasn't been high priority for me because I expect we might get DR changes or other changes to how stats work in RotHC.

Drew_Braxton
02.08.2013 , 06:06 PM | #12
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...2/braaxton.jpg

Go with what works for you. Personally, I went mostly with willpower since I tried it both ways and the difference to bonus healing was very small and I gained more crit and healing power from going with willpower.

SgtKlavier
02.09.2013 , 03:19 AM | #13
Quote:
There's a slight curve to the crit % chance gained from primary stat. WP is more valuable than power because it makes up for the bonus damage/healing difference with added crit chance. So, my point basically boils down to there should be some fixed point in which the .3 more bonus damage/healing from power outweighs the crit % gain from WP. One of these days I'm going to have to break out all the damage/healing formulas and find that point. Hasn't been high priority for me because I expect we might get DR changes or other changes to how stats work in RotHC.
For a 35% crit chance (base+class buff+wp comp+crit rating comp+companion bonus), the break point comes to around 3400 main stat, which also does not consider any main stat talent buffs.

SoonerJBD
02.10.2013 , 11:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by -Sirus- View Post
The theorycrafting I saw a while back indicated Willpower would be better than Power well past current gearing levels to somewhere in the 9,000 range. Someone else suggested 3,400 without any main stat talent buffs. Regardless, it is well past the current gear range. The DR curve for crit on your main stat is just so low that it is always going to be worth stacking it.