Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How long to resub

AussieAlan
01.16.2013 , 12:41 AM | #1
How long does it take to resub, I paid via paypal for 90days and my account says 3 days left, and I subbed 21 hours ago.

Przemo_No
01.16.2013 , 01:32 AM | #2
that depends.
Their banks seem to work slowly. Terribly slow, actually.
I assume that paypal is money transfer, thus you will have to wait till you cash lands on EA account.
Depending where you are from it may take even 5 days.
This happened to me once and I was EXTREMELY pissed off because I was 1 day before ending my sub.
Form that point on I pay by CC - this is instant.

But the issues is obviously with all that "banking" services. they NEVER do things immediately. It looks better if they payments are within the same country, but I guess this is not the case.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Stebbinn
01.16.2013 , 02:48 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Przemo_No View Post
that depends.
Their banks seem to work slowly. Terribly slow, actually.
I assume that paypal is money transfer, thus you will have to wait till you cash lands on EA account.
Depending where you are from it may take even 5 days.
This happened to me once and I was EXTREMELY pissed off because I was 1 day before ending my sub.
Form that point on I pay by CC - this is instant.

But the issues is obviously with all that "banking" services. they NEVER do things immediately. It looks better if they payments are within the same country, but I guess this is not the case.
I don't know how paypal works and never used it.
Always used prepaid creditcard so even if the cc info gets stolen it cannot be used to pay anything since I always keep it empty apart from the few minutes it takes to transfer money to it and pay for what I'm buying.

Przemo_No
01.16.2013 , 03:22 AM | #4
be mindful of such CC limitations, however.
Not that I would be promoting using the "real ones" but in many cases it seems the "pre-paid" ones are also somehow treated as "second class".

I have used all of payment methods and the ONLY good thing about it is that you can adjust the way you pay depending on the situation.

I prefer money transfer to everything, but that is fast and efficient enough only within the same country.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Ighten
01.16.2013 , 03:44 AM | #5
If paypals connected to your bank account or your in credit I have never never known it not show instantly? TBH though I havent used it for a while as its about half the price using timecards.

AussieAlan
01.16.2013 , 04:24 AM | #6
I do not think it went through, when I got an email from EA saying subscription changed, but that is it, its not listed in my paypal account, when I ordered the hutt expansion EA sent and order number, and with in 5mins I got an email from paypal saying about it, but no order number or paypal email.
Yes I checked spam.

Ighten
01.16.2013 , 04:56 AM | #7
Did you hit the ea button when in paypal to return you to the store.. If you dont it doesnt work

Akiviri
01.16.2013 , 06:55 AM | #8
AFAIK - they won't charge you for the new sub until the day/time your old one expires. At least they don't for me. When I bought the expac that went through same day but again, with paypal - that may take a day or two to process.

AussieAlan
01.16.2013 , 07:33 AM | #9
I do not remember what I hit.
Then I guess I will have to wait and see, the support said to call them which is great help when your an Aussie.
Good support there EA, pretty much what I expect from such a rubbish company.

RedMicrowave
01.16.2013 , 07:47 AM | #10
Depends if your using a Verified Paypal it should be instant . If not pay pal needs to clear with your back and then the can pass the funds on.