Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armormech / Synthweaving

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Armormech / Synthweaving

Fhaze
12.13.2011 , 02:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
So, if I make a Trooper Armormech, I can craft armor for Troopers and Smugglers only?
Pretty much. However, I did see some schematics drop that would give you the option to make gear with mod slots. This means that in an empty set of armor, you would be able to place whatever stats you want. So, if a medium armor person, say a Sent, wanted to look more like a smuggler just for the heck of it, they could.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels. Makes her a home. - Mal Reynolds

Bammur
12.13.2011 , 02:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
So, if I make a Trooper Armormech, I can craft armor for Troopers and Smugglers only?
As well as Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents. There is a neutral market, can't remember where, to sell them if you want to. I'm not sure (because I'm not in yet ) if you can send mail stuff to your own alts of the opposite faction, but I think that was in the patch notes.

Regault
12.13.2011 , 03:17 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by skwrl View Post
This is incorrect.

The only class of item you cannot remove the Armoring from is Purple Artifact gear from Endgame Operations (and PvP?).

At every other level you can.
In the last weekend beta, I had a random purple quality version of lvl 30 blue gloves drop from a lockbox. The purple did not have the armor mod slot, when I checked the AH the blue version had all three slots.