Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints: Skippable Bosses.

Ansalem
01.14.2013 , 12:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Niytshade View Post
That kind of made me lol. Don't forget mid bosses can drop exotech gear which in some cases is a little superior to tionese, I wore exotech medics legs until I was able to get the columi. I've had some groups where people could really really use that gear..I did a battle of illum last night with a guy that got 50 the previous night but he was wearing 50 modded oranges with level 49 mods in them so he had under 12k health...he didnt know about the free tionese or even the free recruit gear, so my group offered to kill the mid bosses to try and get him some gear.
do a SM EV you are almost full columi...do a HM you are in rakata...do SM TFB get rakata with maybe a BH piece. HM Fps too only need the bosses that drop the columi most of the BoI bosses dont drop that only the final boss drops the OH.

ZeroPlus
01.14.2013 , 12:45 PM | #22
I get the skipping in HMs now that all 50s can get a full set of Tionese quality gear.

I don't however get the skipping (especially of the Bonus mission) when doing the Flash Points when levelling. Everyone needs the XP, be they:
  • Tanks who are chain running FPs (because of instant queue pops). The more XP they get per run, the faster they will level and start doing the next FP (thus avoiding the "done this X times today, just want to get to the end" syndrome).
  • Healers who are chain running FPs (due to minimal wait times for the queue to pop). Again, the more XP they get per run, the faster they move onto the next FP.
  • DPS who are "trying" to chain run the FPs (but can't really because the queue only pops 20-30 minutes after they join the queue). Any additional XP is more than welcome if you are a DPS .

I don't get it, but I have to admit that lately (for some reason) the issue is less pronounced than it was 2 months ago. Nowadays, 9 out of 10 runs are full runs with the Tank leading the way . (I like this change! )
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

ZeroPlus
01.14.2013 , 12:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog_brains View Post
i agree with most that is said here, it should be up to the individual group to decide how they want to approach the raid. It should not be dictatated by the company.

I would like to make one caveat to that though, Many of you who haven't lvl'd toons lately probably aren't aware of how difficult it is to get groups for story mode FP's. It's to the point that besides, esseles/blacktalon, athis, and hammer station i don't even bother trying to queue up for the non HM FP's. Often times when i'm doing an FP for the first time it's the HM and not the story mode. I'd like to be able to watch the cinematics without being harrased. I do however declare my intentions right at the begining
The last 3 toons that I've leveled (last 3-4 months) have been leveled with a mix of class/main planet quest only and Flash Points. My current toon is at 39 and I've done everysingle FP that appears in GF and depending on when I log on in the evening, I get to do 2 (sometimes 3) FPs per play session (as a DPS). This is true for both Empire and Republic sides (latest is a Sage, previous 2 were a Juggernaut and a Mercenary).

I'm on The Red Eclipse (EU) server. Maybe it is a problem on your server.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

MitchPB
01.14.2013 , 04:35 PM | #24
Before Tionese became free, i had no problem killing all the bosses if someone needed the gear, but even then it was a small chance they would even drop something useful. But now those bosses are completely redundant as they only drop what is considered to be vendor trash.
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> | <More Dots>

Revanchis
01.15.2013 , 09:20 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by jumay View Post
You mean the implants that drop EVERYWHERE? We don't even want them in our guilds bank anymore because they are nothing more than clutter to us. I prefer to skip as much as possible on the HM FP runs because not even my fresh 50's need tionese gear. Legacy gear plus Columi comms gets all of alts geared rather fast.
Not everyone has implants yet, fresh 50's with a tionese set don't have any new implants and could use them. My Ashara still has ****** implants from pre-50.

steave
01.16.2013 , 03:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
Not everyone has implants yet, fresh 50's with a tionese set don't have any new implants and could use them. My Ashara still has ****** implants from pre-50.
Then go do your dailies.

MitchPB
01.16.2013 , 04:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Then go do your dailies.
Or buy them off the GTN
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> | <More Dots>

zgiety
01.16.2013 , 06:37 AM | #28
I came back to the game after a long break and I must say I have never done flashpoint before (geared on operations to almost full rakata), and after coming back was a bit shocked that you can skip so many bosses but I never complained. I started using Group Finder to learn how to tank again because after such a break I was not sure if I can still do it. I must say I enjoy doing the full run because it's more training, but I also don't care if we skip, because in a matter of minutes I can do another Flashpoint and kill some bosses again. I think everyone here has it's own preferences and it doesn't matter how you do it. If people in my party want to skip we skip (even though at first they had to show me how to do it, and people were really not too nice when I was doing Lost Island HM for my first time and I did not know how to skip - good thing I was a decent geared tank otherwise I would probably get kicked). When I queque for a Flashpoint I always think that we will do a full run and I'm trying to have enough time for that.

What I want to say is there is no need to argue about such a thing. I understand the people who want to skip, because they did the flashpoint so many times and don't want to waste their time for people they don't even know!. But I also understand the people who want to try the full flashpoint, because there are many reasons to do so. You can always quit the group if you don't like it and find people that have the same preferences you do. I think there will come a time when people who complain here will start to skip bosses or just stop doing flashpoint after they gear decently.

RikuvonDrake
01.16.2013 , 07:58 AM | #29
Problem is how pissed the group gets when I as a tank ask if we can skip bosses in the flashpoint, group says no and I leave to find a new group, and then massive whining in whisper from ex group members...
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Dragonslayer - The Eternal Warrior - From Beyond
Rikacha- Rikachu | Not Good Enough - Riku | Rebel Dream
Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör | Ruthless

Revanchis
01.16.2013 , 09:36 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Then go do your dailies.
Or, instead of spending daily coms for them I can get them from fighting the bosses in FPs.