Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints: Skippable Bosses.

Dzehn
01.13.2013 , 03:41 PM | #1
First, would like to link a forum post from another person that apparently never got the attention he deserved.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ippable+bosses

Then, since it's an old post I would like a new thread to be made and add my voice to this issue.

By far most of the content in all the different FP's are being passed. As the former poster established very well, Taral V, is the worst, with Battle of Ilum following close behind. So many bosses (And loot.) being bypassed for saving a few minutes.

Being a new player that recently subscribed, I was awed by the amount of skippable content in the "late game" Hard modes. A, from my point of view, solution would be that panels or locks are added and unable to be opened before a certain boss is killed.

I would love to hear others opinion on this subject and - or - other suggestions into a viable compromise that would be an acceptable solution for all.

//Zehn

Boognishe
01.13.2013 , 03:48 PM | #2
Bioware doesn't need to change anything. You already have options. Join an active guild and run these fps with friends, or manually look for people on the fleet and tell them of your intentions to fight all bosses.

ladwar
01.13.2013 , 03:51 PM | #3
this has been a major debate on few threads, u just found one that got ignored. to sum it all up i got call elitest for saying that skipping bosses is just fine and that hard mode bosses that are typically skippable are not worth fighting as a large part of people who do hard mode are only running it for black hole comms and don't need the tionese gear they drop.

the most who reply agree that if want to do whatever boss ask the group and group decides what to do if u ask in start of the flashpoint otherwise the typical hardmode is ment to be a fast run with mobs and bosses skipped if possible.

MitchPB
01.13.2013 , 04:06 PM | #4
Story mode is for story, Hard mode is for gear most of which is pointless now so to those who want your "immersion" go do story mode not harang 3 other strangers who just want their comms.
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> | <Concept>

RikuvonDrake
01.13.2013 , 09:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Story mode is for story
Quoted for truth
Deposer of The Dread Masters - Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Lodril
01.13.2013 , 10:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post
Story mode is for story, Hard mode is for gear most of which is pointless now so to those who want your "immersion" go do story mode not harang 3 other strangers who just want their comms.
I suppose that's an understandable complaint. Seems like the better solution, then, would just be to have a node where you click on it and after standing quietly beside it for several minutes, the comms are added to your collection automatically. It would save you from all that running around nonsense. Farmville and etc run on a similar model, and are quite successful, so I'm sure you're on to something.

shyroman
01.13.2013 , 10:33 PM | #7
Tionese gear is free now, nearly all bosses in hm flashpoints, not including last boss, only drop tionese. There is no reason to do these bosses since sm is for story and hm is for gear and the only gear those bosses drop is already free, if someone is too lazy to take 1 min to pick up a quest and click on a vendor, then they should be too lazy to take an extra 3 min on each skip able boss.

slafko
01.14.2013 , 07:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dzehn View Post
By far most of the content in all the different FP's are being passed. As the former poster established very well, Taral V, is the worst, with Battle of Ilum following close behind. So many bosses (And loot.) being bypassed for saving a few minutes.
Several minutes times several characters equals half an hour.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against killing flashpoint bosses if someone in the group asks for it but I'm not about to waste time if I have people wearing Rakata and higher. Not skipping conversations is an issue too. As was said earlier, use story mode for story. Hard mode is only a part of your daily grind and you should treat it as such.

Avoid unneccessary mobs, skip bosses you don't have to kill, soft cc everything you can and run past. Show love to stealth classes and their soft cc abilities.

Tromador
01.14.2013 , 08:41 AM | #9
Since handing out 99 Tionese comms to all new and existing L50 characters, a lot of the loot from the intermediate bosses in FPs is largely irrelevant. At best it serves to provide gear for companions, at worst it's junk for the vendor. Even the Tionese Crystals are now unecessary, turning in 25 to get a purple item of "not quite as good as the Tionese you got for free" is hardly worth it any more.

Therefore it shouldn't really come as any surprise that most people want to skip as much as possible to the last boss for a chance at a Columi piece - and see anything else as a waste of time.

Revanchis
01.14.2013 , 09:10 AM | #10
I agree, it's ridiculous how people skip bosses. I mean some of the bosses drop implants, which the free tionese coms don't give you and the others drop tionese gear you could use to gear up companions.