Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

ahem,the new robes


_biddan_'s Avatar


_biddan_
01.10.2013 , 04:20 PM | #1
now that there are classic looking hooded down robes will you "hooddown" guys be satisfied?i always see 100 complaints and no happyness,at least now show some appreciation.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

dangadget's Avatar


dangadget
01.10.2013 , 06:09 PM | #2
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trolling, and so answer your question seriously, albeit heatedly.

Satisfied? Appeased? Mollified?

None of the above

Fixing this mistake, that never should have happened in the first place only via the CM is insulting

We were promised a real solution.
We are still waiting

Dubaco's Avatar


Dubaco
01.10.2013 , 08:56 PM | #3
Power to the people!

Now seriously, I loved the new robes, even spent 700k just to buy the chest and legs. They remind me a lot of Kotor II jedi robes, with the heavy armor I always loved in jedi, and I can also use force powers with it this time.

The thing is, sometimes I would like to put my hood on! If I wanna talk to some friend, like a fellow jedi, I would like to put my hood down. If I'm going to talk to some crime lord in a stealthy way, I would like to put my hood up (remember luke?). That's it.

_biddan_'s Avatar


_biddan_
01.11.2013 , 10:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dangadget View Post
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trolling, and so answer your question seriously, albeit heatedly.

Satisfied? Appeased? Mollified?

None of the above

Fixing this mistake, that never should have happened in the first place only via the CM is insulting

We were promised a real solution.
We are still waiting
i'm 100% serius,i just want to see some happyness here,all i see are haters and people complaining.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

dangadget's Avatar


dangadget
01.11.2013 , 10:24 AM | #5
You'll see happiness when the problem is fixed as promised

_biddan_'s Avatar


_biddan_
01.11.2013 , 03:48 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by dangadget View Post
You'll see happiness when the problem is fixed as promised
a never promised "fix" to a silly hood?
why so serious?
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Merwanor's Avatar


Merwanor
01.11.2013 , 06:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
a never promised "fix" to a silly hood?
why so serious?
It may be silly to you, but for many people playing MMOs and games, how your character look is the most important part. And for this game it is even more important than any other MMO, because you have cuttscenes and dialogue with lots of NPCs.

Am I satisfied with the new CM robes, yes I have to admit I am kind of satisfied because I now after a year, finally look like a Jedi should. But I am not completely satisfied, because now I wish I could replay the class story. The real problem though is the fact that they charge us for something that should have been there since release, who in their right mind can think that making all JK armors have their hood up to be a good idea. The worst part is the lies shown in trailers and marketing for this game, so many cool hood down robes that does not exist are shown.

And the fact that something as simple as just adding a few of these armors would have appeased most us, why could they not just have added one or two hood down armors to some vendor or something, why is that so hard?
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

_biddan_'s Avatar


_biddan_
01.12.2013 , 07:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
It may be silly to you, but for many people playing MMOs and games, how your character look is the most important part. And for this game it is even more important than any other MMO, because you have cuttscenes and dialogue with lots of NPCs.

Am I satisfied with the new CM robes, yes I have to admit I am kind of satisfied because I now after a year, finally look like a Jedi should. But I am not completely satisfied, because now I wish I could replay the class story. The real problem though is the fact that they charge us for something that should have been there since release, who in their right mind can think that making all JK armors have their hood up to be a good idea. The worst part is the lies shown in trailers and marketing for this game, so many cool hood down robes that does not exist are shown.

And the fact that something as simple as just adding a few of these armors would have appeased most us, why could they not just have added one or two hood down armors to some vendor or something, why is that so hard?
now THIS is an explanation,thanks,i guess i was wrong.
The Red Eclipse

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
01.12.2013 , 02:44 PM | #9
Conservator's robe is rubbish... Ain't gonna thank or appreciate. I was promised a hood toggle. They're pushing out "old" hood-down armor on the market as a filthy money grab which subscribers should've gotten months ago or atleast get a reasonable discount, instead of being charged a month's subscribtion for a single armor set. Still waiting for classic and iconic Jedi robes which are nowhere to be found but on Tython NPCs.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
01.12.2013 , 02:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
now THIS is an explanation,thanks,i guess i was wrong.
Regarding those armor and media... Check out my signature thread, all compiled there. Player classes shown wearing things they cannot obtain in the game. :-[ Those ads were what lured me to the game.

And yes, we were promised a "fix".

February 2012 q&a:
Quote:
NiklasWB: When will you make it possible for Force-using characters to pull up/down their hoods on their robes?

Damion Schubert: This is in the works now. It won't be in Game Update 1.2, but should get done in the next major update after that. And yes, we will extend this functionality to your Force-slinging companions as well.