Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FrameSplicer
01.10.2013 , 06:41 PM | #21
Doh! Saw "Cartel" and thought Packs, not Market.

I posted my thoughts on packs in the Suggestion forum.

But I do agree with many people here. We all get that you guys are banking on income from the Cartel Market- but you can go a LOT further to make it worth our while without putting a ton more effort.

Please look at your F2P competitors and what they are doing with their markets/stores. Then figure out how you can become a front-runner there as far as value of purchase. THAT will increase player enticement to purchase. The key is CONTINUED PURCHASING, not 1 and done. You want your customers to keep coming back to buy the next new thing, not have a bad experience (ala the Speeder and Piloting 1 debacle) and say "no more of that noise" and never come back to the store.

On the speeder & piloting1 problem, really what would have been the big issue by allowing account wide unlocks? You might have sold a LOT more!!!
A sentient's gotta make decent credit...

Pandabrigade
01.10.2013 , 07:05 PM | #22
Go Go racechange for cartel coins, wuld be happy to pay tierd of my char anyways......

Mevan
01.10.2013 , 07:10 PM | #23
Here's a suggestion for the RP crowd; costumes. SWG added these and they were quite fun. Maybe 200 CC for a reusable item that, when activated, turns you into different character for an hour? Lord Scourge? Revan? Satele Shan? Could be fun for the RP community, since they don't really get much.

Also, how about selling the gear sets as individual items? So we could either pay the stupid amount of CC for an entire outfit or just buy the pieces we like for a reasonable price. I like the Clandestine Officer Jacket, but the other pieces? No thanks. Doing it the current way is not going to force people to spend money for one item, they simply won't buy any of it. Being greedy can backfire y'know.
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

Aehwe
01.10.2013 , 07:26 PM | #24
TBH the new Emote: Flourish is horribly made for lightsaber users. It is also bugged. If you already have your lightsaber out, it will disappear when after the flourish is done.

I love the idea of flourish and it was really needed. Please make more of them. But for the love of Star Wars; TEST THEM FIRST!

I also dislike that you include "rare" items from previous cartel packs in the new ones. Everyone has at least one of those items. Surely you don't want every male character to run around topless?

I hope you continue to release new Cartel Market items every week. Its really fun and exciting to see what comes next and its "new content" every single week.
Legionnaires
Venitous 55 Juggernaut
Vuspo 55 Assassin
Aillynn 55 Mercenary

Neglience
01.10.2013 , 07:56 PM | #25
after reading through the patch notes with about 80% cartellmarkt notes i really would have missed this without a extra thread. so thanks bw for this.

Danthis
01.10.2013 , 09:27 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
Please update it so that the mats we get in packs have a higher chance for being for the crew skills that the buyer and/or the opener actually use.

Add a vendor for those that want to switch the old gear for the new unintentional look - Revan, Phanton, etc - and vice versa. So those that want each can have them.

A way to earn them, Cartel Coins, in game would be great, like maybe trade daily comms/bh for some.

Please make it so the gear sets have all parts: helm, chest, legs, boots, bracers, belt.

Companion gifts and banners should not count a super rare.

For subs, please add into the ledger when we get our monthly allotment.

Make the gear sets sellable to vendors and also Bind on Legacy.
I agree with this post 100%

MikeZkraken
01.10.2013 , 09:27 PM | #27
Again, I'm disappointed. I really want to see NEW gear added to the game. Recolors of gear already available in-game is being lazy, simply put. I could have created all of these "new" armor sets you guys release in the Cartel Packs in a matter of a day or two in a 3D package. I thought you guys had a whole team assigned to working on this stuff? It really doesn't make any sense.

In other words, whenever you guys actually start releasing cosmetic armor that can't be found anywhere else in the game is when I'll actually throw some money your way. Until then, I'll just be disappointed in the lack of effort on the dev team's part.

On a side note, this was actually a pretty decent patch
]V[I]{EZ]{RA]{E]\[
-----------------------
Aspiring Game Level Designer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWLhlDGk2g

Nyhm
01.10.2013 , 09:49 PM | #28
Pretty disappointed that the female clothes are the same as the last 2 items just in a different color. Really? Pretty sure its time to make dyes.

Otherwise if you can only re-color items and give them a different name, then make other female items in different colors, IE the social item on Coruscent and Dromund Kaas.

Syanis
01.10.2013 , 10:31 PM | #29
The new packs no new weapons disappointing in the least. The new crystals are butt ugly virtually sickening. Tired of my rares and ultra rares being companion gifts and crafting mats that are worth 1k or less on the GTN and have almost no use.

It would be nice if new packs had new models more often, not just old models with slight color changes. Crystals again are not sellable on the GTN same as the Cyan-Blue crystals which is annoying yet again.

New packs should contain crafting mats of actual use to players for current content even if its an ultra rare. Biometrics are a dime a dozen and no value. Rakata Energy Cubes as well. What do we even do with these rare gems and metal.... I have every crafter and not 1 item of worth takes any of them. I'd much prefer getting 10 zal alloy / durasteel then any more biometrics, rare gems, rakata energy cubes except then you can't call them really rare and ultra rare...

Syanis
01.10.2013 , 10:33 PM | #30
Another thought. How about a vendor that takes Biometrics and such very common "rare" crafting mats as a special market coin to buy other things of even lower lvl alt value. Think I have 3+ stacks of Biometrics and same for many of the other "rare" crafting mats besides grade 8 stuff.