Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Telekinetic Wave = Telekinetic Yawn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Telekinetic Wave = Telekinetic Yawn

Mavery
01.10.2013 , 01:19 PM | #21
They could just take out TK Throw and give us Project Storm!
Former GM and RL of a once great guild. Now just wandering the galaxy looking for a good home.

Sentinel-Jordal
01.10.2013 , 01:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
Having played both the Sith Sorc and Jedi Consular to 50, I've had time to access both and compare the experience I've had with them and their primary force attack.

On the one hand, the Sorc feels dynamic with Force Lightning. It looks, sounds and feels powerful, overwhelming even. You roll in and unleash terrible hell on your foes and watch laughing as they burn to a crisp.

The Consular's Telekinetic Throw on the other hand feels soft and weak. The attack is boring in every way, just a stream of small pebbles being whooshed into your target. It needs oomph, pizzazz and flair. Change the animation and sound on this attack. Make it feel like it hurts, like it can cause damage.

When you use an attack over and over, a boring attack can become monotonous. Just try something new. You say your constantly working on making things better, so give this another whirl. Make the Telekinetic Throw show that Sorcs aren't the only Force users who can unleash the beast.

*Edit* I named the wrong power, it was the throw and not the Wave, sorry.
The Force is weak with this one...
I feel very powerful when I use Force Throw. :-)
Maybe you're not a mighty strong consular like me?
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Master-Nala
01.10.2013 , 01:34 PM | #23
I get tired of lightning on all my attacks. They do look powerful, but it gets old after awhile. I like the Consular attacks.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni, Hard-Top, Arbaaz & Psionicist
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami (BH), Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thefia, & Chisami (IA)

Master-Nala
01.10.2013 , 01:34 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
They could just take out TK Throw and give us Project Storm!
Hoping that's the new ability for RotHC.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni, Hard-Top, Arbaaz & Psionicist
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami (BH), Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thefia, & Chisami (IA)

Elfa
01.10.2013 , 05:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
I get tired of lightning on all my attacks. They do look powerful, but it gets old after awhile. I like the Consular attacks.
Most of their attacks are fine, just the Throw feels weak. A pebble storm just doesn't cut it for a fully geared Consular.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Fuury
01.10.2013 , 07:39 PM | #26
Well after respeccing from 31 levels of Seer to TK I am like night at day. But I can see how the rocks seem underwhelmed. Maybe change it up a bit at level 35 or 40 to something larger.

Master-Nala
01.10.2013 , 08:58 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
Most of their attacks are fine, just the Throw feels weak. A pebble storm just doesn't cut it for a fully geared Consular.
I don't know man. You get to stone people to death, which is a pretty gruesome way to kill a person and you still get to stay on the light side!

LuciferinDNA
01.11.2013 , 02:42 AM | #28
+
I agree with the OP!
Tythonian lvl55 Sage Chlorianhost lvl50 Sage Realpill lvl55 Scoundrel Biologin lvl55 Commando DNA lvl55 Shadow Tardigrade lvl47 Vanguard
Tomb of Freedon Nadd ORBIT Legacy

Ycoga
01.11.2013 , 03:20 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
Personally, I think both sith and jedi abilities are very inline with their movie and book qualities. Sith are passionate and flashy, jedi are calm and peaceful. I love how my character just looks like she is wandering around the battlefield helping those she can and clearing any obstacle she can't.

^.^.
Well said.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Nythain
01.11.2013 , 06:27 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Anglvamp View Post
Personally, I think both sith and jedi abilities are very inline with their movie and book qualities. Sith are passionate and flashy, jedi are calm and peaceful. I love how my character just looks like she is wandering around the battlefield helping those she can and clearing any obstacle she can't.

^.^.
A third for this opinion. I don't want my sage looking too mean and ferocious. It's not the Jedi way.

I think we could go for something different than pebble throw though, since we already have the pretty great Project. But i would be hard pressed to try to think up a different animation for a channeled attack that wasn't flashy or menacing and different than pebble throw.

So, overall i have absolutely no complaints with it. It fits the archetype and philosophies, just like the lightning attacks from inquis fit their archetype and philosophies.