Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

comeback?

Newyankalt
01.07.2013 , 11:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Yyrmega View Post
The servers are full, the game is amazing. I guess that's a yes! (Never really needed to come back as it never really left)
Servers were full at launch as well and the game was still very unpopulated before server transfers.

Vitas
01.08.2013 , 12:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
Servers were full at launch as well and the game was still very unpopulated before server transfers.
During the day, most of the servers are generally Heavy, Very Heavy or Full. Seems to be doing alright for the moment, they just need to roll out more content to keep the player base happy.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

OwenBrooks
01.08.2013 , 12:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumajin View Post
I play The Secret World quite a bit nowadays. You're probably missing what makes that game amazing, just like I am obviously missing the same points on this game.

No worries.
I think you made a very good point to be honest, different games will be viewed differently by different people.

Some just have trouble understanding why everyone doesn't see things as they do, and others can't move on when they should of a long time ago. (i'm not saying this about you but as a general comment)

AshenK
01.08.2013 , 12:05 AM | #14
How many servers does TOR have left? 14 or so?

Other games are doing full on monthly updates that you don't have to pay for. Other games did holiday events not lets put a few ugly holiday items in our in game cash shop. Other games have happy player bases who are enjoying the game unlike this one that has players getting fed up and leaving. Really the sooner EA and BioWare shut this down the better.

Jumajin
01.08.2013 , 12:08 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I think you made a very good point to be honest, different games will be viewed differently by different people.

Some just have trouble understanding why everyone doesn't see things as they do, and others can't move on when they should of a long time ago. (i'm not saying this about you but as a general comment)
It's late. I admit I was snarky. But that was my point, yeah. I mean, several people in my family love GW2. Sure, I play it with them, I just don't see what the hoopla is about. For my tastes, I prefer The Secret World over GW2. Story wise, SWTOR still beats them all for me. But I won't give more money to another game just waiting on the machine for Hickman to kill, and Bioware needs to get serious about bug fixes for once.

Odd thing is, though I check these forums quite a bit (and end up posting) hoping for some big announcement of (1) Hickman being moved off the game, and (2) massive bug fixes finally, I actually have moved on for the time being from playing and subbing. My sub ended December 24th. Don't ask me why I can still post.

ConradLionhart
01.08.2013 , 12:31 AM | #16
Is this game gonna make it big? I cannot say yes.

But is this game gonna fail? Strangely, I also cannot say yes, no matter how much I try.

The game is hanging there.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

reagan_youth
01.08.2013 , 12:37 AM | #17
I came back, but I figured I may one day. The only reason I quit was because of my friends leaving for various reasons (one could never update to the Rakghoul event patch). Once they were gone, I felt like I could do nothing, but that was not the games' fault. When it went F2P I had to boot it up. Once I saw the restrictions, I resubbed and I've been extremely happy with my decision. I'm able to enjoy everything I used to (minus operations as I have yet to look for a new guild) at my own pace, when I want to.

Also, I really enjoy The Secret World to whoever mentioned that. Very good atmosphere if you ask me, my only regret is buying GW2 back in the summer instead of TSW.

Hardwear
01.08.2013 , 12:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Newyankalt View Post
F2P only stalls the inevitable the game is still losing subs and dying f2p maybe bought a year of life but how long will it till they merge servers again. Unless bioware starts doing major endgame updates to keep people around then this game will die slowly. Also rise of the hutt cartel won't do much to help.
What did you base this on?
Squadron: 1020 367

Hardwear
01.08.2013 , 12:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post

Other games are doing full on monthly updates that you don't have to pay for. Other games did holiday events not lets put a few ugly holiday items in our in game cash shop. Other games have happy player bases who are enjoying the game unlike this one that has players getting fed up and leaving. Really the sooner EA and BioWare shut this down the better.
What "other" game would you be referring to and if you are so eager to see the game shut down why are you here paying a sub?
Squadron: 1020 367

Nemmar
01.08.2013 , 12:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenK View Post

Your true agenda is showing.