Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sub to F2P unanswered questions please help

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Sub to F2P unanswered questions please help

Phunkmonkee
01.07.2013 , 04:36 PM | #1
Haven’t been able to find definitive answers for my questions about switching from subscription to free to play

If a comprehensive list of answers to this info exists, I’m sorry for the post and request direction to the info. Would greatly appreciate any info from someone who knows, or has cancelled their subscription but still plays.

When I cancel subscription am I automatically downgraded to preferred, or down to free to play and I have to make a purchase to move back up to preferred?

During my subscription I have achieved / attained the following:

5 level 50’s (and 3 toons around levels 25 – 40)
Am I able to choose which 2 to continue playing with? What happens to the other 3?

Each character is a different species
Do the F2P species restriction mutate my characters to conform?

3 crew skills per character (each and every one maxed at 400)
Which of the 3 do I lose? Do I get a choice?

2 bank tabs per character (some have 3) Most are full
Do I lose each extra bank tab I own? What happens to the items contained therein?

Each character has the maximum amount of personal inventory slots
Same question as above..

3 complete event armor sets ( 1 containment officer / and 2 sandpeople outfits)
Are these unequipped upon F2P login? What happens to the mods / armoring etc?

All characters are currently wearing a majority of “purple” level items
Same question as above..

Some characters carry more credits than the preferred level cap permits
Do I lose every credit above the cap, not to be returned?

Some characters completed the HK quest on Belsavis section X
Does he remain a companion for those characters and can they still access section X?

At least a few characters undoubtedly carry more commendations than preferred level caps
Same question as above..

I have almost every available legacy perk unlocked (mail / repair / ship droids / training dummies / emotes / etc...)
Do I lose any or all of those?

Final question: Are any items / privileges restored if I resubscribe?

fizzybear
01.07.2013 , 04:47 PM | #2
You keep all 5 toons, just can't make any more (so make as many toons as you can now before you unsub). You decide which crew skill to put on hold until you resub (you don't lose the levels). You keep your bank tabs, inv slots and your old gear (event and purple) is still equip-able. Your extra credits get put in an escrow account, on hold for when you resub (best advice would be to split your credits across your toons). You keep HK, but cannot access section X without buying a cartel item to unlock it. You keep legacy perks.

I'm not sure about the commendations, but I believe that preferred have the same total cap, only earn less per week. So you wouldn't lose any, just earn less in the future.
If you have a ton of credits, buy some unlocks off the GTN, like Artifact unlock, Section X, Hide Helm

Tumedus
01.07.2013 , 07:50 PM | #3
fizzybear got it right mostly except for the commendations. There is a massive cap on commendation 20 for planets, 175 for dailies, 60 for the OP stuff. Plus the prices of all the commendation stuff goes up so you can basically only buy recipes and the rakata stuff w/ dailies (the relics, mounts, and ship parts are too expensive). On top of that, there is no escrow for commendations, so if you are above the cap when you go F2P, they are gone.

Rogoo
01.07.2013 , 10:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Phunkmonkee View Post
5 level 50’s (and 3 toons around levels 25 – 40)
Am I able to choose which 2 to continue playing with? What happens to the other 3?
You will be asked to choose 2 of those. An ability to play 6 characters for preferred players was promised, and should be implemented in the game soon(TM).

Quote:
Do the F2P species restriction mutate my characters to conform?
No. You get to "keep" everything you earned / unlocked as a subscriber.

Quote:
3 crew skills per character (each and every one maxed at 400)
Which of the 3 do I lose? Do I get a choice?
You loose one, not sure if you get to choose.

Quote:
2 bank tabs per character (some have 3) Most are full
Do I lose each extra bank tab I own? What happens to the items contained therein?
Nothing happens. You get to keep them. Same goes with all the items.

Quote:
Each character has the maximum amount of personal inventory slots
Same question as above..
Same answer.

Quote:
3 complete event armor sets ( 1 containment officer / and 2 sandpeople outfits)
Are these unequipped upon F2P login? What happens to the mods / armoring etc?
You can equip all the items that were bound to your character when you were a subscriber.

Quote:
All characters are currently wearing a majority of “purple” level items
Same question as above..
And again, the same answer.

Quote:
Some characters carry more credits than the preferred level cap permits
Do I lose every credit above the cap, not to be returned?
Credits above the 350k credit cap, go to an "escrow" (savings) account. You don't loose them. You get access to that money once you sub again.

Quote:
Some characters completed the HK quest on Belsavis section X
Does he remain a companion for those characters and can they still access section X?
Yes, he remains a companion, no the characters won't be able to access section X.

Quote:
I have almost every available legacy perk unlocked (mail / repair / ship droids / training dummies / emotes / etc...)
Do I lose any or all of those?
No.

Quote:
Final question: Are any items / privileges restored if I resubscribe?
Not sure what exactly you mean. You get subscriber perks, unlimited access to WZ's, Flashpoints, Ops, etc.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.