Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper or Marauder or...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sniper or Marauder or...

MikeFL
01.07.2013 , 08:54 AM | #1
Just a quick question, I have level 15 Operative which is fun so far, but I am going back and forth in my head whether to stick with it and reroll a sniper. My other Empire classes are 50 Sorc and Powertech (tank). At some point I'd like to play as a SW to experience that storyline, and since I have a Guardian Republic side, I was planning on going Marauder. My dilemma is, I like having a choice of what role to do like damage or healing, and having one character that is DPS-only is fine, but I'm not sure I'd want two. Given this,

Should I go with Mara and keep my Operative to dps and/or heal?

Go with Sniper and play a Jugg even though I already have a Guardian mirror spec?

Or f*** it and have two DPS-only classes?

I have a Powertech that I will use for tanking and a Sorc that I switch between ranged damage and healing quite often.
Nylost - 50 Sniper Sythion - 50 Marauder Zeraya - 50 Assassin Rexxel - 40 Mercenary Praxys - 50 Sorcerer
Kilaeon - 50 Guardian Fordan - 52 Vanguard Alaesa - 30 Sage

MantorokTwelve
01.07.2013 , 10:39 AM | #2
If you run an operative, you'll probably be stuck doing heals with it, at least for PVE. DPS operative is definitely viable, and there's a very good one in my guild, but from what I've learned from him, it's a pain of a rotation and there was little to no support when he was learning his rotation and gearing. Of course, this could easily mean the next post is the most ****** operative in the game coming to explain everything about the spec. But as it is, you'll have less heartache if you stick to sniper for dps, or operative for heals.