Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About Makeb

MouseNoFour
01.07.2013 , 03:09 AM | #1
On my more recent characters i have finished their class stories on... i totally skipped right over entire planets.

In fact i have gotten at least 4 characters to finish their class missions without doing a single planetary mission on Corellia. The ONLY character i did anything on Corellia for was my Sniper. And that was 6-8 months ago. The same with Illium, i may have completed that very short planet once, maybe twice. Never again.

So with all that said... i can totally see many players skipping the entire planet of Makeb and leveling to 55 via flashpoints, pvp or some other method.
My time card ends on December 5th. I have no intent to subscribe, let alone play, after i have completed all 9 episodes of KotFE. Likely i will subscribe for a single month to finish off the ''season'', play what remains and then say good bye to SWTOR until the END of the next season. Enjoy Bioware!

Fornix
01.07.2013 , 03:24 AM | #2
Beyond stating the obvious, was there any form of discussion to be started here or?

As I don't think there'll be anyone to deny that certain players will level through FP's or warzones only.
Member of <Helix>

MouseNoFour
01.07.2013 , 02:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Beyond stating the obvious, was there any form of discussion to be started here or?

As I don't think there'll be anyone to deny that certain players will level through FP's or warzones only.
Yes. Yes there was.
My time card ends on December 5th. I have no intent to subscribe, let alone play, after i have completed all 9 episodes of KotFE. Likely i will subscribe for a single month to finish off the ''season'', play what remains and then say good bye to SWTOR until the END of the next season. Enjoy Bioware!

AshlaBoga
01.07.2013 , 02:34 PM | #4
Well some of the planetary stories are fun: Tatooine on both sides. Others... not as much: Alderaan Imperial, Taris Republic.

If the Makeb main series is on par with the Tatooine one then I'll probably do it on as many as 5 characters. If it's a drop in quality... then maybe only 1-2 characters.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Amalak
01.07.2013 , 02:37 PM | #5
probably

Beslley
01.07.2013 , 02:38 PM | #6
Considering the only story we are going to be getting is the planet story, it does not bode well.
Even the worst class stories are way more interesting than any of the planet stories.

Their writing would have to drastically improve on Makeb for me to care even a little about the story. And you can be sure that I'll spacebar through it on my alts after the playthrough on my main. Those voice actors are sure worth the money, amirite?
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

MrSchmo
01.07.2013 , 02:44 PM | #7
To each his own on this one. People will always level the way they want. You give them tools, they decide.

I'll probably do every mission on my main, then pick and choose what I want to do on the others.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

BadOrb
01.07.2013 , 02:56 PM | #8
I'm kind of the opposite as in , I didn't have to do any Corellia on about 7 characters. So I might not even see Makeb for awhile as I also have at least 2 bonus series to do also. I will mix and match after I work out how much xp is on the 3 places i just mentioned. Can't wait to actually have the option really. O and just think your daily missions will actually give you xp . He shoots he scores all the way up to level 55.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

johnxtreeme
01.07.2013 , 02:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beslley View Post
Considering the only story we are going to be getting is the planet story, it does not bode well.
Even the worst class stories are way more interesting than any of the planet stories.

Their writing would have to drastically improve on Makeb for me to care even a little about the story. And you can be sure that I'll spacebar through it on my alts after the playthrough on my main. Those voice actors are sure worth the money, amirite?

This is just ridiculous. The Voss/Tattooine world arcs are better than every class story except Agent/JK/SW *at best*. Most of the others, even including Belsavis, are passable, and better than the Con or the Smuggler.

You must have been playing some incredible class stories, because finding out the mysteries of Voss/ going through the trials/investigating a hidden Czerka bass/uncovering the World-Eater and the Esh-Ka are WAY WAY WAY more interesting that "hey dude, go to this planet, kill this guy" or "Retrieve this item" or "rescue this squad" except full of needless complications so they can drag the class story out over every planet.

Beslley
01.07.2013 , 03:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by johnxtreeme View Post
This is just ridiculous. The Voss/Tattooine world arcs are better than every class story except Agent/JK/SW *at best*. Most of the others, even including Belsavis, are passable, and better than the Con or the Smuggler.

You must have been playing some incredible class stories, because finding out the mysteries of Voss/ going through the trials/investigating a hidden Czerka bass/uncovering the World-Eater and the Esh-Ka are WAY WAY WAY more interesting that "hey dude, go to this planet, kill this guy" or "Retrieve this item" or "rescue this squad" except full of needless complications so they can drag the class story out over every planet.
The JK story was horrendous, please. Warrior story was pretty good. Agent story is the best out of all of them.
Honestly, the czerka story on tattooine was alright. Bogged down by the quests there (TRAVEL THIS DESERT TO CLICK ON SOME ITEMS. HAVE FUN). Voss was probably the best world story there was. Still, I remember what my CLASS STORY did on Voss way more than the actual world story. On my inquisitor is was "oh snap, gotta go fast and heal myself" even though I knew there really wasn't any hurry. Same sort of feeling of timeliness on my agent, etc. I do agree that a couple of the class stories really get worse the longer they go on (trooper and BH). But overall, I'd way rather replay an inquisitor or an agent or a smuggler or anything really than listen to tattooine or voss again.

P.S. You never even learn about the world eater on imp side. It's merely hinted that the republic was aware of something really awful on Belsavis but they never elaborate.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT