Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ummm... Can we get some more info on what we pre-ordered ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Ummm... Can we get some more info on what we pre-ordered ??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blackardin
01.07.2013 , 10:22 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by pudim View Post
Damn it, everything that I draw on that ends up looking like a vulva
.....and you are complaining? I've found my next big video game. May never leave the house again. ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....

Apeth
01.07.2013 , 11:04 AM | #22
There's always the chance that the people working for bw care about the job they do anad that they have tallent they want to show off andt it'll be a great expansion to the game for not a lot of money. I'm gonna go with that theory over some of the conspiracy ones floating about this thread.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

MrSchmo
01.07.2013 , 11:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
There's always the chance that the people working for bw care about the job they do anad that they have tallent they want to show off andt it'll be a great expansion to the game for not a lot of money. I'm gonna go with that theory over some of the conspiracy ones floating about this thread.
It seems most people's glass isn't even half empty, it's just plain broken.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

BurnedRemains
01.07.2013 , 12:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BoodaBaby View Post
I was having a craptastic day, until I clicked on this link and played around on it for what seemed like 2 hours. I have found my new "stress ball" for work.

THANK YOU!!!
Your welcome mang. I aim to please.

Talahar
01.07.2013 , 12:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
I'm on the same page. Especially since I'm thinking that the expansion could pretty much make or break
the future of this game in f2p. If it's not worth the money, they will lose players, subs and future expansion sales.
They could pretty much stop there then. But if the price is right for what we'll get, it could return a lot of
confidence in this game's development team.
Not that it would change anything on these forums. Despite the couple of reasonable people you see on here
every once in a while, this board is a lost cause. Might as well rename it to 4chan TOR edition.

SomeJagoff
01.07.2013 , 01:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LohKey View Post
I wouldn't expect to much, they are just waiting to see how many people order it before they start designing it.
hahahaha
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

SomeJagoff
01.07.2013 , 01:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
That's exactly what they were counting on. ;p
yup bioware's real plan all along was to put subways all across the country out of business. It's a well known and long standing feud between the developers and their own local subway, which refused to give them back their $1 overcharge for the extra bacon on their BLTs.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.07.2013 , 01:36 PM | #28
The troll is strong with this thread.

AlienEyeTX
01.07.2013 , 01:37 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
That actually feels about right. I cannot get my head around people who have pre-ordered this before they even know what they are going to be getting, and from what we know so far who needs 5 days early access to content that isn't even going to last 5 days?
Well, that depends on how much time one actually has to play. Five levels will easily last me more than five days. Maybe even around five weeks. But, five hours, five days, five weeks, five months... all of those are a deal at $10 for me. Heck, a movie at the theater costs at least that much and only lasts around two hours.
Be a lamb and click on this referral link, would you? You get free stuff and I get free stuff. Nothing to lose.

Beslley
01.07.2013 , 01:44 PM | #30
The lack of info on this "adventure pack" or whatever ridiculous name they're calling it now is worrisome, to say the least.

I mean, generally before I buy ANYTHING, I want to know a certain amount about it. That goes for video games. I know some people go "NEW GAME IN MY FAVORITE FRANCHISE SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" but I am not one of those people. Okay, okay, I did it once. With Diablo III. And it was the worst money I'd spent in a long time. So really, I'm reticent to buy anything without SOME information. Like, I don't need you to tell me the intricate details or anything.
For example (and please don't tune me out here. I get it, you hate pandas. Me, too. I haven't been subbed to WoW in ages. JUST LET ME USE MY EXAMPLE OKAY), Look at the one Blizzard WOTLK trailer. It was extremely general. New talents. New dungeons. New raids. Northrend. You fight the Lich King. Death Knights would be the new class. Still, that coupled with my past experiences with Blizzard was enough to tell me that 1) There was going to be lots of content, 2) It told me who the bad guy was, 3) It told me that there would be class revamps, 4) It told me that there would be a brand new class. And this was WAYYY before they even opened up preorders. We had even MORE information when that big shiny preorder option came out.

Look at the information we have for THIS preorder. 1) it's a planet the size of belsavis, 2) 5 more levels, 3) Fighting the Hutt Cartel. I'm sorry, but that isn't even half the information the WOTLK trailer had, and keep in mind they didn't even have preorders when that came out. They expect me to preorder something with very, very little information, and I don't have the confidence that I had with Blizzard when purchasing WOTLK. Playing this game has been a string of disappointments and broken promises. Why should I trust BW/EA at all? Also, this thing is supposed to hit in, what, 3 months? Do you know how much information was available about the Blizzard xpacs 3 months from launch? We had mountains of it. You know, because Blizzard wanted to SHOW OFF and MARKET their game and get us excited about it. They didn't hide it all and say "IT'S COOL BUT WE'RE NOT TELLINGGGGGGG." That sort of thing just makes you look like a scumbag and that maybe, just maybe, you are not being honest with us.

It's as if a shady car salesman came up to me and was like "We've got this great new car! I'm not going to tell you anything about it other than it's purple and got 4 wheels and a CD player! Are you excited? You want this AWESOME CAR? Well, pay me first, and then I'll show you how great this is." Would you give that guy your money?

So I will respectfully hold off on preordering. I know, I know, I won't get ~*~SUPER SPESHUL EARLY ACCESS~*~ but honestly, I won't hold my breath. I'm sure I can level just fine without that head start. Besides, my guild is pretty cool and I'm sure they'll wait up for me, especially since many of them have the same doubts as I do.

Just my (extremely TL;DR) two cents.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT