Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do you use them?.

Cleet_Xia
01.21.2013 , 01:18 PM | #21
Use all my crafts all the time to make leveling gear for alts and friends.

Sometimes its even just green quality stuff that is made from super cheap mats from crew missions or GTN.
- On level crafted greens end up being cheaper than mods from mod venders, and it's the same mods.

Most of the time I make blue quality items, just because on level, they're better than 90% of the drops. I just batch up enough, and sell the extras from crits on the GTN. I make blue armors for companions from armormech & synth, just so I don't have to bother with so many mods.

On my alts, I refresh my gear every five levels, and automatically vender any drop that isn't modablle. Just so I can focus on questing and pretty much ignore the loot.

I don't bother with purple leveling gear, unless I've developed a second stack of purple mats from crew missions I need to burn up. And if I make any of those items, I sell them on the GTN.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

MilesTeg_cy
01.22.2013 , 07:02 AM | #22
I love the feeling of producing and making profits. I craft and sell as much as possible.

I have 10 lvl 50 toons with various crafting skill. Managing them with coordination and making production is so much fun for me. I usually spend 30 minutes with crafting before actually playing the game. Jumping from one toon to another, sending them to missions and wishing for luck is just fun Of course I didn't mention making credits...
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

Trooper_One
01.22.2013 , 12:29 PM | #23
I use them for leveling characters and giving them and other alts decent gear. Once I max out a certain crafting skill, I'll learn the advanced schematics and start selling them.

Right now the only character with a maxed out crafting skill is my Sniper with Armstech. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Armstech gets any cool new schematics like Armormech or Synthweaving, so right now I'm just crafting the highest level weapons I have, Reverse-engineering them, and using the MK-6 Augment components to make augments.

If you keep up with your crafting on a fresh rolled toon, you'll easily be able to get some really good gear at the lower levels. I'm leveling a Scoundrel with Cybertech right now, and I've been crafting advanced armoring, mods, and earpieces for myself and companions. It's really helpful for keeping yours or your companions gear up-to-date.
I've worn out always being afraid,
An endless stream of fear that I've made;
Treading water full of worry,
This frantic tick tick talk of hurry