Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Run on 2 Monitors


slaytokveranes's Avatar


slaytokveranes
01.05.2013 , 04:48 PM | #1
Alright, so I have two monitors set up, but when I run SWTOR, the game only appears on the primary monitor. How can I have it cross and use both?

Thanks
The Veranes Legacy (POT5)
(Rep)Slay-tok, Slay-toc, Slay-toa, Slay-ton, Slay-tos
(Imp)Jolcun, Cytorv, Slay-tis, Slay-tor, Slay-tron, Slay-tek

spencer_'s Avatar


spencer_
01.05.2013 , 05:01 PM | #2
As far as I know you can't. I also have two monitors, and usually keep a web browser, my music, or a movie on the second one.

slaytokveranes's Avatar


slaytokveranes
01.05.2013 , 05:12 PM | #3
so you either have to have eyefinity (3monitors) or just one??
The Veranes Legacy (POT5)
(Rep)Slay-tok, Slay-toc, Slay-toa, Slay-ton, Slay-tos
(Imp)Jolcun, Cytorv, Slay-tis, Slay-tor, Slay-tron, Slay-tek

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
01.05.2013 , 05:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by slaytokveranes View Post
so you either have to have eyefinity (3monitors) or just one??
Check your graphics driver settings, however I do not think it's possible. As it does not make sense. Your character would be displayed split over the 2 screens.
Member of <Helix>

slaytokveranes's Avatar


slaytokveranes
01.05.2013 , 05:19 PM | #5
oh i suppose thats true. so then is it possible to use 3 with NVIDIA?
The Veranes Legacy (POT5)
(Rep)Slay-tok, Slay-toc, Slay-toa, Slay-ton, Slay-tos
(Imp)Jolcun, Cytorv, Slay-tis, Slay-tor, Slay-tron, Slay-tek

BlownSi's Avatar


BlownSi
01.05.2013 , 05:22 PM | #6
Could use a device called a Dual-Head To Go or Triple-Head to Go to push across multiple monitors. Dual monitors directly through the vid card will not stretch the game across both though.

Marmerus's Avatar


Marmerus
01.05.2013 , 05:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by slaytokveranes View Post
oh i suppose thats true. so then is it possible to use 3 with NVIDIA?
Yes it is possible.

With Nvidia you need to use 3 monitors with same resolution, Then in nvidia control panel you activate Nvidia surround with SLI (if you have that). Then follow the instructions on the screen. It is not required to connect as they say on the picture but if you run into problems you should do like they say.

Playing on 2 screens can't be fun as your character gets split in the middle and everything you look at is behind the bars on the side of your screen. So if you are going to play make sure you have 3 screens.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

BlownSi's Avatar


BlownSi
01.05.2013 , 05:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Marmerus View Post
Yes it is possible.

With Nvidia you need to use 3 monitors with same resolution, Then in nvidia control panel you activate Nvidia surround with SLI (if you have that). Then follow the instructions on the screen. It is not required to connect as they say on the picture but if you run into problems you should do like they say.

Playing on 2 screens can't be fun as your character gets split in the middle and everything you look at is behind the bars on the side of your screen. So if you are going to play make sure you have 3 screens.
Ah yes you are correct sir. I forgot about that option. But does it require having two cards running in SLI? I can't remember for sure.

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
01.05.2013 , 05:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BlownSi View Post
Ah yes you are correct sir. I forgot about that option. But does it require having two cards running in SLI? I can't remember for sure.
It depends on your graphics card really. A GTX 680 is capable of running nvidia surround and marketed as such. Prior cards are not. I'm not sure if that means they completely disabled the option for it on them, or whether you'll just run into lag issues.

Keep in mind after all, you'll be running at a much higher resolution, which eats up quite a bit on the additional resources.
Member of <Helix>

Marmerus's Avatar


Marmerus
01.05.2013 , 05:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BlownSi View Post
Ah yes you are correct sir. I forgot about that option. But does it require having two cards running in SLI? I can't remember for sure.
Supposed to work with one card out of the 600 series. 500 series and older requires two cards in SLI.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.