Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

AshlaBoga
08.21.2012 , 03:09 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Pashgan
Lvl32 in all orange/purple fresh 30-32 suit. It seems like quest designed for ranged sorcerer - assassin is getting massive AoE along with Khem and dieing almost at the same time.

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc.
Trust me, if you're having trouble doing ANY mission at your level that isn't a Heroic.... it's not the mission that's the problem - it's you.

Game design beyond comprehension? I assume you don't mean the gameplay because most of the ACs are cut and paste from WoW.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Fossman
08.21.2012 , 03:13 AM | #142
lol this was a pretty big necro post...topic is from ageeees ago.

Very easy quest though. It always boggles my mind when people come on the forums complaining about quests being too hard. Especially class quests which are designed to be soloable. This is a slightly harder one but as long as you follow some simple rules you should be fine.

1. Make sure you are on the same level as the quest or higher. Why would you even attempt to do a quest that is 2+ levels higher than you? (Unless you follow the next rule)
2. Gear. If you are running around in green gear your doing it wrong. Very wrong. By the time your around level 18 you should be in blue gear. It just makes the leveling process go so much smoother. If your in orange/purple gear with the max ratings for your level you can easily take on quests that are 1-3 levels higher than you.
3. Know your class. Spec appropriately for soloing.
4. Medpacs and stims are your friend. Heroic moment is never a bad idea either.

shednik
08.21.2012 , 08:05 AM | #143
I did this as both an assassin and a sorc, neither were that hard I think I was level 31 or 32. I think I actually had a harder time on my sorc since it was my first character, on my assassin it was easy.
Joésta-Slinger | Joestà-Sent | Gîggles-Scoundrel | Pebblés-Sage | Jøesta-Shadow <Super Bads>
Snipeyinz-Sniper | Zabraa-Assassin | Joesta-Jugg
Prophecy of the Five

Takai
08.23.2012 , 12:12 PM | #144
I am more of a bonehead than most it seems. When I faced Zash, I was LVL 32. I threw Khem into Tank mode and used my assassin as a DPS/Nuclear Warhead. The only semi-intelligent thing I did was continually right step out of her force storm circle. Took almost two whole minutes to kill her. Granted Khem died...but he dies in every Gold+ fight right as it is almost over.

I guess it is because I just prefer brawn over brains when it comes to bosses, as long fights bore me.

I understand what every one is saying with L2P, especially when you have devoted your life to MMO's, but for a new player or some one who doesn't properly understand the mechanics of an MMO, just shouting L2P is not going to help them. Thank you to all who actually posted up proper and intelligent ways to make this fight easier on those who would otherwise have no clue how to "L2P" by themselves.

Every one plays the game a little differently, just like every one has their own penmanship. Just like penmanship, if our teachers just shouted "Learn to write" we would all be illiterate. So to those of you with no valid or helpful suggestions. Shut your trap.

Side Note: How I did it is not a suggestion for those of you having trouble, just a statement, that Zash can be killed, even if you are a little bit thick...or lazy. Use the other suggestions or hit up a friend to give you a hand. Zash is not invincible, she is as frail as the grandmother's face she wears, you just need to learn where and when to kick.
Lord Gier (39 Assassin)
Major Demayo (50 Vanguard)

sylone
12.01.2012 , 10:16 PM | #145
Sorry I don't believe the advise that everyone is saying to defeat Darth Zash; I've lost 50k to repairs and I cant beat her. 2nd I hate WoW, ****** game.
I've tried cycling through Jolt, and Overload; anyone try beating her in a group?
I give up on this *****, I've lost too much time and I'm broke!

AshlaBoga
12.02.2012 , 04:38 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by sylone View Post
Sorry I don't believe the advise that everyone is saying to defeat Darth Zash; I've lost 50k to repairs and I cant beat her. 2nd I hate WoW, ****** game.
I've tried cycling through Jolt, and Overload; anyone try beating her in a group?
I've got to ask what level are you and what gear are you and Khem wearing? Also what's your Spec?

The advice they're giving is quite solid, it should work unless you're missing something (maybe a companion stance or maybe you are having some lag, but something regardless).

She's really not that hard a boss. She's loads easier than the Avatar of Sel-Makor for instance.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

shednik
12.02.2012 , 07:08 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by sylone View Post
I agree with the poster above me, you are more then likely under leveled or haven't been learning your AC,. This fight is not that hard and if it really is I don't think you'll progress much farther in the story it's on of the easier boss fights during the class story.
Joésta-Slinger | Joestà-Sent | Gîggles-Scoundrel | Pebblés-Sage | Jøesta-Shadow <Super Bads>
Snipeyinz-Sniper | Zabraa-Assassin | Joesta-Jugg
Prophecy of the Five

TalkingDinosaur
12.02.2012 , 07:26 PM | #148
Reviving a 5 month old post?
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

bleidlein
12.03.2012 , 01:12 PM | #149
yes. Healing sorceress and chain heal your tank companion. easy.

uniz
12.03.2012 , 01:26 PM | #150
the fight is impossible with any amount of lag. be it server or video card. just get a friend to help. if you have any lag issues you will be doing this very often on this classes' story quests.