Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

Comatose_D
03.05.2012 , 02:57 PM | #111
Having done this as a healing spec sorc and a tank spec assa I have to say it was alot easier on my sorc.

With both chrs I did this at lvl 30, but the main difference being that as a healer Khem was well geared and my main companion. The fight took a while but was one shotted with no issues. Whereas playing this with a tank Andronikas was my main companion and I obtained him a lot earlier that I should have, Khem had been ignored gear wise for a long time.

With my tank I died once and had to reset the fight a couple of times when I realised it was going badly. You really cannot just stand toe to toe and expect to win. Get out of the AOE Lightning, make Zash move out of her AOE healing, LOS her with a pillar on her lightning casts. These are all useful things that will reduce the amount she heals herself and damages you.

As many peeps have said on here interupts are very important (although with my healer I did not find this to be the case) you will not be able to interupt everything, but you really don't have to. Heroic Moment is also really useful.

If you are in an encounter and you feel that it's just not working, try changing things up a bit, failing that ask a friend to help.
There are 10 types of people in the galaxy, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Maggerai
03.05.2012 , 07:20 PM | #112
I have to admit, I'm having trouble with this one. The interrupts help, but it seems like cooldown takes to long, esp. for electrocute. I've tried it about 5 times tonight, still trying. And I feel like I can't move my mouse fast enough (or my brain!). But this is my first game like this, so I'm just going to keep trying.

YeknomStun
03.05.2012 , 08:25 PM | #113
As others said, interrupts are your friend, especially for the heals. Also I'd suggest using a stimpak and medpacs as needed.

Also you can move Khem out of the aoe by toggling passive on/off, which will make him follow you.

Maggerai
03.05.2012 , 10:05 PM | #114
Thanks for the advice -- I'll try that!

JediFann
03.07.2012 , 03:17 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Twizztednight View Post
Seriously? This quest was a challenge but it wasn't that difficult. I 1 shotted this but then again, I specced as heals and just sat there healing Khem the entire time while he dpsed her down I was also level 34 when I did this. Theres a reason there are Bonus Series, and other quests. If you speed through your class quests and nothing else you will fall far far behind. Perhaps reevaluate your approach and the actions you take. Get some stims, medpacks, make sure to step out now and then give Khem a heal. Worse comes to worse respec in order to complete it. Not every spec of every class is the most suitable for every encounter, may need to switch things up here and there. Some specs are really only viable on easy mobs or groups/flashpoints/operations while others give more survivability against harder mobs while soloing. If assasin... go respec tank for it see how that goes most likely will be able to complete it. It's not like respeccing is that expensive.

Try thinking outside the box and being flexible, more than likely will be able to complete it once you do.
One of the issues I am having in game is that people think that class quests are only to be done solo or you are a bad player. The quest storyline tells you to not go alone, but yet I cannot seem to find anyone who wants to help with a class quest.

HanzBlix
03.07.2012 , 03:59 PM | #116
I owned the fight first time no problem. Put some non-fail gear on your companion.

You're welcome.

LordSchizo
03.09.2012 , 01:33 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
Jolt > Electrocute > Overload > Jolt > Channel The Force > Electrocute > Jolt > Win
Best advice in the thread, honestly. Zash handed me my own a s s once at 32 and again at 33. Then I checked out this thread and tried this out. Took me a couple tries to get the hang of actually using non-fail tactics, but I finished her off with 80% of my own health remaining. She barely managed to kill Khem, really.
Through Passion, I gain Strength.

DawnAskham
03.09.2012 , 09:25 AM | #118
Every class story fight in the game can be beat simply by using ALL of the tools your class has along with using the environment to your advantage.

For this fight, I found it easier to tank her and let Khem run around behind her keeping up dps (I turned off all of his taunt abilities).

Basically I interrupted as much as possible by using ALL abilities that interrupt and ONLY using them when I needed to interrupt (so no using abilities such as Overload unless she was casting something).

The other thing I did was dance around the room. It is full of places to break line of sight. She starts channeling something, LOS behind a pillar. It is ridiculous how much damage you can avoid in this game simply by running around pillars and boxes and such.

I will admit that I have died the first time I hit a new boss fight where I have no idea what to expect, such as Zash, but I can't recall ever needing more than two tries to down any story bosses.

Just remember to use everything you have and get creative (or cheesy) with how you use those abilities and how you use the environment to your advantage and you'll be laughing in no time about how easy this game can be.

Oh and for me, I look at fights as a puzzle to solve. I really enjoy finding a solution that will let me trivialize a fight. I don't enjoy trying to over-level, over-gear and spam medpacks and such going toe to toe and hoping I kill them before they kill me.

Maybe try to approach fights more like puzzles to solve and see how creative you can get.

MASTERQL
03.09.2012 , 04:34 PM | #119
i have not done this quest yet but when ever i try to use khem he takes in all the damage and is dead within a minute. i am an assassin dps and i am wondering is there away to become a healer instead an attacker. please help or is there away to make him die less?
Peace is a lie,there is only passion. Through passion,i gain strength.Through strength,i gain power. Through power,i gain victory. Through victory,my chains are broken.The force shall free me.- THE SITH CODE

thatghost
03.10.2012 , 06:33 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by malaclyps View Post
maybe the ones having problems just have crappy lag. personally i've been under 50ms the entire time.
Thank you. Thank you for pointing this out. About time someone did.

Interrupts and just about everything else=useless during this particular fight when there's even a tiddly bit of lag. I know this firsthand.