Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

End game spec, Tionese & Blackhole gear recommendations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
End game spec, Tionese & Blackhole gear recommendations

01.04.2013 , 04:36 PM | #1
Hello all,

I've dinged 50 and wondered if any of you could give me some advice.

I'm looking to remain very much a casual player and run hard-mode Flash points with maybe a few operations.

This being so, should I stay tank specced or move to DPS?

Obviously that has implications re. gear.

Finally, do the mods retain the set bonuses i.e. so I don't have to look rather silly with Tionese or BH gear!

Thanks in advance everyone

01.05.2013 , 06:26 PM | #2
I'm not exactly an expert, but I'll throw my two creds' worth in since nobody else has yet.

Which spec you choose really depends on which role you do better playing and have more fun with. If you're looking for overall usefulness, get a feel for your server's role balance before making a decision; my main server (Jedi Covenant) seems pretty dps heavy to me, so more tanks are always welcome.

As for set bonuses, the only PvE sets that have the set bonuses attached to the armorings are Campaign and Dread Guard; Tionese, Columi, and Rakata all have the set bonuses attached to the armor shells themselves, and BH gear doesn't contribute to set bonuses at all. Fortunately, you can also use BH comms to buy just the Campaign armorings now, allowing you to keep the look you like and get the endgame set bonuses a little earlier than you used to. The armorings cost anywhere between 36 and 44 BH comms each, depending on the body slot you're buying for.
"The Force isn't supposed to be a quick solution to every problem...although it does help."

"Peace through fear and suppression of freedom isn't peace worth having."

01.06.2013 , 02:15 PM | #3
Many thanks got this. I'll take a look around and see what spec seems best for end game in my server. Thanks also for the tips about the and hand armour and mods!