Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

bjbm
01.04.2013 , 12:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Babyduck View Post
I just spent $18.75 for two sandwiches at a local restaurant. Money wasn't an issue as I knew what I was paying for before I paid for it.
This.

It's not about the $10, it never was. BW expects you to folk over $10 as a token of good faith. Too bad many have little faith in BW to deliver anything but more useless retexturing of gear and calling it "new!".

TUXs
01.04.2013 , 12:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ElevenBfour View Post
I'll do you haters a favor.... QUIT!!! If you are complaining about 10$, you shouldn't be playing video games in the first place. I used to walk up and down my street as a kid sweeping people's side walks for a donation of whatever they wanted to pay. In 2 or three hours I'd usually have over $100. Don't try and get all high and mighty and say, 'It's the principle of it". Again, it all boils down to the $10, if you expect a business not to make money, then you're lost.

I'd gladly pay 20$ for what is coming, maybe up to $25. But honestly I'm glad they're not trying to do like SOE and charge $50 for an expansion smaller than this one coming up.
While I agree that the DLC seems worth the $10, I highly disagree with your tone. Telling people to "quit" for no other reason than them asking for more information is just stupid.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

JimG
01.04.2013 , 12:50 PM | #23
I bought it b/c I was going to buy it anyway. But I totally agree with people who say more information needs to be provided. It's just bad business to put a pre-order deadline with so little information available about it.

DarkkChaos
01.04.2013 , 12:52 PM | #24
Then don't pre-order...who cares?

I can promise you one thing though - if after Jan 7, the $10 price goes up....because you DIDN'T pre-order.....you'll be whining about it for months to come!
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

TUXs
01.04.2013 , 12:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post

I can promise you one thing though - if after Jan 7, the $10 price goes up....because you DIDN'T pre-order.....you'll be whining about it for months to come!
The price doesn't go up, just the loss of early access. It's $9.99 for subscribers.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Rafael_Peres
01.04.2013 , 12:54 PM | #26
I don't care about early access.
Gonna buy after launch, probably will cost more (US$20,00) but right now I will not throw anything but my sub fee at this game.

Durasturan
01.04.2013 , 12:55 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkkChaos View Post

I'd be willing to bet you 1M credits that the price drops at least 50% within 3 months of release...

lordtwig
01.04.2013 , 01:00 PM | #28
I'm waiting to hear more information. The early access does not matter to me. I will let other people test for bugs.

Right now I am pretty sure I will buy it, but I want to hear what these "systems" are that are hinted at. I want to know what I am getting besides planet, 5 levels and 2 general story lines. If that is it, I will be truly disappointed, but I really expect there will be more than that.

JacePrysian
01.04.2013 , 01:04 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
I would rather burn this money then pay for content that should be free to subscribers. Instead im gonna spend it on some books. At least it will go to someone who deserves it.
Please just explain to me your reasoning on how the $10 content should be free to subscribers? Is it how small it is? The price? A combination? I recently came back to the game and resubscribed. I heard that supposedly Bioware/EA had said Makeb would be a free content update. Now it's not. Guess what? Sometimes you have to pay to keep things going and I am sure this is going towards the numbers that corporate is looking at to decide the amount of future resources into the game. LOTRO subscribers have to pay for expansions, EQ/EQ2 subscribers have to pay for expansions, and WoW subscribers have to pay for expansions.

Just because the content is small doesn't mean it isn't an expansion. People have been trained in the past decade to consider an expansion to double the size of the game. Well that isn't always what an expansion does. Heck the Battlefield 1942 expansions added a small amount of weapons and a few maps each. Overall, with all of the expansions to that game, it maybe doubled the size of the game. Maybe.

Get off your horse, or speeder, or whatever you're riding. If you don't want to pay, don't. If you do end up paying great! I pr-eordered to show EA that this game is worth putting resources into. Then and only then will this game receive the staffing and additional resources it desperately needs.

The MMO industry, especially players are set in this cycle of "Oh no, this game is dying! This game sucks! Can't wait for [insert upcoming MMO here] it will wipe the floor with this game!" Many don't want to stay and try and vote with their wallets that the game is worth the effort. WoW at launch was not the MMO pedestal that is is today, far from it.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

BadOrb
01.04.2013 , 01:06 PM | #30
I know one thing I can't wait until January the 8th , so we don't get anymore threads like this. O wait the xpac isn't out for months , o god "hums the title music to m.a.s.h.".

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12