Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

Icebergy
01.04.2013 , 11:51 AM | #1
Normally I am very supportive of Bioware, but trying to rush us into preordering this expansion with basically zero info out on it seems like we're being taken advantage of.

We have three days left to meet the deadline and the only things we know about what we are purchasing is that it has 5 more levels and a new planet. I believe there will be more to it than that, hopefully new Ops, FPs, and WZs, but for all we know there won't be.

How can you expect us to fork out money on such an unknown quantity?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Babyduck
01.04.2013 , 11:57 AM | #2
Pre-ordering only gets you 5 days early access. If you are unhappy with the amount of information released then don't pre-order the x-pac. Personally I have no problem missing out on the 5 days early access. As those days will be the ones that they use to fix all the new bugs and the lag problems they introduce with the new content.
Member of Squadron 11-11-11

Iggster
01.04.2013 , 11:59 AM | #3
I'm waiting until we get more details on the expansion.

The recent reveal of SGR options included in RotHC is not enough to make me pre order.

Proetus
01.04.2013 , 12:07 PM | #4
Lol its 10 bucks. I spend that on lunch!

fluttersniper
01.04.2013 , 12:10 PM | #5
I agree with OP. Even though its only ten bucks since Im a subscriber, its hard to blindly purchase something. I can ignore the bonus of early access, but I know some people cant since they want to have access at the same time as their friends who did preorder.

Im going to wait for more info.

Babyduck
01.04.2013 , 12:10 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Proetus View Post
Lol its 10 bucks. I spend that on lunch!
I just spent $18.75 for two sandwiches at a local restaurant. Money wasn't an issue as I knew what I was paying for before I paid for it.
Member of Squadron 11-11-11

TalkingDinosaur
01.04.2013 , 12:10 PM | #7
If you're confident in BW then you pay the $10 and then they reward your loyalty and trust with early access.

Simple stuff, but if you want to find more info look around at t TORhead. I heard there have been a few leaks as to the new raid, flashpoint(?), PvP, etc.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

SithVeritas
01.04.2013 , 12:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Babyduck View Post
I just spent $18.75 for two sandwiches at a local restaurant. Money wasn't an issue as I knew what I was paying for before I paid for it.
Lol nice.

BarneyBash
01.04.2013 , 12:21 PM | #9
call the waaambulance!
if you actually read the blogs and dev dispatches you would know that they did give out as much info on the xpac as they could while not spoiling anything. would you like them to do this like hollywood, show you the cool exciting bits and then make you pay to sit through crap interrupted by the cool **** you saw int he preview?

JediCahlwyn
01.04.2013 , 12:23 PM | #10
You have plenty of info! For crying out loud! Its $10 for a new big planet, 5 levels, and tons of the usual goodies. Quit trying to act like you don't know anything and they are trying to cheat you! You don't know much more about any other expansion in any other game. Come on people...
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!