Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight vs Revan

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 05:13 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
He seemed to be keeping things as vague as he could on that. Vitiate may yet still be around in another form, or it was his Voice Body killed again and he's resting. No matter how ya look at it, it seems that Vitiate was weakened in some way when the JK showed up. I believe they made mention of this in the SW storyline.
I agree, very vague, we an still only guess. The Force was definitely on the JK's side in the battle however. And the Force works in 'mysterious ways'.

SoonerJBD
01.06.2013 , 11:44 AM | #42
The Jedi Knight bested the Emperor because of his specific resistance to the Emperor's mind powers. This doesn't mean that in a direct matchup with Revan, the Jedi Knight would come out on top. The advantage that helped him defeat the Emperor would not matter so much against Revan. You would need to look at both of their skill sets and how they match up against one another, not at how they matched up against the Emperor.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 12:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
The Jedi Knight bested the Emperor because of his specific resistance to the Emperor's mind powers. This doesn't mean that in a direct matchup with Revan, the Jedi Knight would come out on top. The advantage that helped him defeat the Emperor would not matter so much against Revan. You would need to look at both of their skill sets and how they match up against one another, not at how they matched up against the Emperor.
Very true, the Emperor is a very different to Revan. Revan for one was far more skilled in lightsaber combat than the Emperor was, and the JK arguably used that deficiency against him in their battle. Revan was defeated by the Emperor through powerful force lightning, the JK does not wield that kind of power. And yes, Revan was not immune to the Emperor's mind controlling power.

Still, I believe that the Jedi Knight would be strong enough to defeat Revan. He managed to fight through many Imperial Guards singlehandledly, while Revan struggled more. And he possessed a fortitude strong enough to resist the Emperor's lightning.

Still difficult to call though, because we don't really know how skilled they were in lightsaber combat.

SoonerJBD
01.06.2013 , 02:01 PM | #44
Yeah, I don't know which would win, per se. I think it's a pretty tight call. I just don't agree with the reasoning that the Knight beating the Emperor necessarily means he would beat Revan.

I would point out that the Knight has very little in the way of force powers. He is pretty much all lightsaber. I would think if it was a straight-ahead lightsaber battle, the Knight would have an advantage as that is clearly his specialty.

Darkondo
01.06.2013 , 02:18 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Very true, the Emperor is a very different to Revan. Revan for one was far more skilled in lightsaber combat than the Emperor was, and the JK arguably used that deficiency against him in their battle. Revan was defeated by the Emperor through powerful force lightning, the JK does not wield that kind of power. And yes, Revan was not immune to the Emperor's mind controlling power.

Still, I believe that the Jedi Knight would be strong enough to defeat Revan. He managed to fight through many Imperial Guards singlehandledly, while Revan struggled more. And he possessed a fortitude strong enough to resist the Emperor's lightning.

Still difficult to call though, because we don't really know how skilled they were in lightsaber combat.
Wait i thought Revan was immune or he at least knew how to fight it. But also Revan fought the real Emperor, while the JK fought the Voice which only has a fraction of the Emperor's power (SW's email from the Emperor's hand confirms this.)

During the fight with Revan he was actually scared of losing, where as his Voice fighting the JK he didnt really seem to care whether he lost or not, he even told the JK that he would not kill him after being beaten. You cant judge Revan vs JK by using the Emperor due to this.

I dont know how there saber skills stack up against each other but i do know that Revan is far stronger in his abilities with the force. Due to this im going with Revan but again that could change overtime.

Beniboybling
01.06.2013 , 02:26 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
Wait i thought Revan was immune or he at least knew how to fight it. But also Revan fought the real Emperor, while the JK fought the Voice which only has a fraction of the Emperor's power (SW's email from the Emperor's hand confirms this.)

During the fight with Revan he was actually scared of losing, where as his Voice fighting the JK he didnt really seem to care whether he lost or not, he even told the JK that he would not kill him after being beaten. You cant judge Revan vs JK by using the Emperor due to this.

I dont know how there saber skills stack up against each other but i do know that Revan is far stronger in his abilities with the force. Due to this im going with Revan but again that could change overtime.
Hall Hood says otherwise: "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.

I value his word over in-game characters probably written by him...

Those in-game character's could have lied, I don't think Hall Hood did.

SoonerJBD
01.06.2013 , 05:22 PM | #47
It's also really hard to judge the abilities of the player characters in SWTOR for a couple of reasons, the main one being which AC are they by canon? Is the consular a Shadow or Sage? Is the Knight a Guardian or Sentinel? We don't really know the canon answers to a lot of their abilities. For example, you never use your lightsaber as a Sage beyond the earliest levels. Do you think that the Consular will be the only Jedi in pretty much any Star Wars canon to carry a lightsaber around as decoration while the throw rocks everywhere? I would imagine the canon Sage will have lightsaber ability as well, if they ever do a novelization or some formalization of the canon,

Wolfninjajedi
01.06.2013 , 05:24 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
It's also really hard to judge the abilities of the player characters in SWTOR for a couple of reasons, the main one being which AC are they by canon? Is the consular a Shadow or Sage? Is the Knight a Guardian or Sentinel? We don't really know the canon answers to a lot of their abilities. For example, you never use your lightsaber as a Sage beyond the earliest levels. Do you think that the Consular will be the only Jedi in pretty much any Star Wars canon to carry a lightsaber around as decoration while the throw rocks everywhere? I would imagine the canon Sage will have lightsaber ability as well, if they ever do a novelization or some formalization of the canon,
I think for the jedi/sith classes anyway, that they won't be alienated to a class role. I see them doing both sides, but focusing a little more on the other thing that suits the class.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.