Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 10:59 AM | #21
I don't want to steal the show but a point to consider: Malgus has an army of hired mercenaries and aliens, Prince Xizor has lots of credits - go figure.

MasterMe
01.04.2013 , 12:37 PM | #22
With Xizor's army being mostly in the underworld and dispersed across the galaxy, how is Malgus's superior army gonna be much of an advantage? Somebody hit me with a scenario or something. I just don't see any point of vulnerability in Xizor's empire that Malgus has the tools to damage. The guy just isn't built to take on Xizor imo.

I will agree, however, with somebody who earlier made the good point that Malgus won't be very easy to assassinate due to being, well... ya know... a Sith Lord.

In my opinion, Darth Malgus's greatest tool is his use of strike teams. We see in SW:TOR that he was nearly always the one to organize high-profile missions of infiltration, sabotage, and what-not. He needs to use a strike team to find info regarding either
A Xizor's location so that another mission can be made to assassinate the crime lord
OR
B a weakness in Xizor's empire. (what would that weakness be?)

I still feel that Xizor will win this fight.

TheBentOne
01.04.2013 , 01:09 PM | #23
One interesting thing is that on of Malgus' biggest strengths, his relative lack of bigotry and use of the various alien groups could be used against him, with the diversity giving Xizor a larger list of targets to send infiltrators to, not all of which will be using the strict imperial protocols, and not all of which will be immune to bribery or coercion.

I also find it likely, that instead of sending HK after Xizor directly that the droid would busy itself offing Vigos and the like, sowing chaos in black sun.

I'm on the fence right now.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

Segastorm
01.04.2013 , 03:57 PM | #24
I'm just coming in here with some possibilities

Malgus's assets:
Stealth fleet
Promises of Anti-Alien behavior being outlawed (or something) has draw many aliens to his side
HK-47 (don't deny it, he's boss)
Exceptional Strategist and manipulator

xizor's assets:
Richest man alive
Guri
Powerful vigos (remember that they rivaled the moffs in power)
Large intelligence network

Now, with these in mind (worth noting beforehand Malgus's Alien equality promises aren't gonna do much here), there's quite a few things that can happen

Malgus can camp in his flagship and stay stealthed (much like GO-TO did in the last one, but he can't do it indefinitely and remain hidden without running out of supplies).
Xizor could bribe a soldier or two/ have a mercenary infltrate the ranks.

I think that this could swing either way, but I say Malgus, after lots of betryal, will keep Xizor on the defensive and drag the kaggath on for a long time, long enough for Malgus to start wearing down, then Xizor strikes the killing blow.
I clearly think Xizor will win. I want to support Malgus so bad, but mapping out this one, Xizor has tricks up his sleeve that could very well catch Malgus off-guard, with Malgus's only hope being to find Xizor and have him assassinated by HK, quickly.

Canino
01.04.2013 , 04:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 4: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

Welcome to the fourth heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, Tyber Zann vs G0-T0, fell in the droids favour. For although Tyber’s powerful consortium drove G0-T0 into a corner, his opponent was a slippery as an Adegan eel and anticipated Zann’s every move, and eventually had him 'deleted'. But onto round four.

For all those of you aren't aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules again:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers apart from those listed below. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Serevin, Savan.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons, e.g. the Foundry.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

Permitted Allies:

Darth Malgus: HK-47

Prince Xizor: Guri

So, the combatants: Darth Malgus was one of the Sith Empire’s greatest champions, he was a brilliant strategist, powerful adversary, strong with the lightsaber and the in the Force – a persevering juggernaut. While Prince Xizor was a charismatic, cold and patient criminal mastermind.

Malgus had command over the legions of his ‘New Empire’, an army of droids, mercenaries, soldiers and Sith. As well as a host of advanced and ancient technology, including a stealth fleet. And Xizor had the assets, reach, influence and wealth of the Black Sun – the most infamous crime syndicate in the galaxy – at his disposal. As well as a vast amount of intelligence, surpassing that of the Galactic Empire. But when the crime consortium does battle with the might of an Empire, who will win?

Let the Kaggath begin!
Yeah, G0-T0 won!!! And didn't someone else help with that, *cough cough*!!? Warren was amazing, but I helped too!

Anyway /anger. So I think it might go to Xizor, but I'll support Malgus anyway. One thing I would like to point

Edit: sorry hit wrong button on phone. I will finish it later when I have a computer to use .
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 05:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Yeah, G0-T0 won!!! And didn't someone else help with that, *cough cough*!!? Warren was amazing, but I helped too!

Anyway /anger. So I think it might go to Xizor, but I'll support Malgus anyway. One thing I would like to point

Edit: sorry hit wrong button on phone. I will finish it later when I have a computer to use .
Lol apologies, you too Canino.

May I also point out in Malgus' corner, that there is little stopping HK-47 assassinating Xizor. Yes Guri but HK doesn't take the direct approach, his assassination will be carefully planned and unexpected. Not much Guri can do against a lethal poison dart to Xizor's neck. Or maybe he'll boil him alive in his bath. Take it away Warren (and Canino) give me some creative ways for Xizor to die!

And if HK-47 fails, what's to stop Malgus hunting Xizor down personally. Little can stand in that juggernaut's way, and Malgus was well versed in strike team assaults. Well, behold the unstoppable strike team! Malgus & HK-47! What's going to stop them?

(And if all that fails, drop a stealth fleet over Coruscant and blow that skyhook to space dust!)

GarfieldJL
01.04.2013 , 05:39 PM | #27
In all honesty, this favors Malgus as things currently stand...

The wild card in this is whether or not Malgus would be able to invade Coruscant (assuming we're talking Galactic Empire period)...

I think that's really what this entire fight would boil down to...

While yeah an assassin may get lucky, but other than that Xizor's "navy" isn't a match against the forces that Malgus can muster, even if we said Xizor's forces had the technology advantage.

That said, I'm not exactly sure that a kaggath between these two is plausible, while Malgus is a sith, he generally was fairly pragmatic as he got older, and aside from maybe an ego trip there wouldn't be a point in killing off Xizor, whose intelligence network makes the Empire's intelligence agencies look laughable by comparison.

This is entirely different from last fight where G0-T0 didn't have a fleet but Zann did but the droid still emerged victorious. G0-T0 won because he didn't have a fixed base of operations. Zann was apt to bombard Nar Shaddaa when G0-T0 wasn't even on the planet. The problem with this situation is that Xizor does have a base of operations and while he has his personal fighter, that isn't going to be enough to evade all those capital ships and fighters if we look at this from a realistic standpoint.

The only scenario I see for Malgus to win is to take the direct approach. So it boils down to whether or not Malgus could pull off another invasion... If he can't then this Kaggeth will be going nowhere fast, and as time drags on it could in theory start to favor Xizor, but if he can this fight is over before it started. He'd just invade Coruscant and capture or kill Xizor.

I'm guessing he's more apt to capture or demonstrate he could kill Xizor, but leaves him alive because Xizor would be an asset if kept alive and in control of Black Sun, but I seriously don't see a way for Xizor to beat Malgus aside from sheer luck.

Vader would have killed Xizor on multiple occasions, but it would have angered Emperor Palpatine, which is the only reason Vader hadn't decapitated Xizor in the first place.

Wolfninjajedi
01.04.2013 , 07:29 PM | #28
Wait a sec, why do all these things come down to "if the person's HQ is destroyed they lose" sort of bit? Granted said person could be inside their HQ when its attacked, but it isn't like the person is a moron and just gonna stand there waiting for death its not like they can't escape admist the chaos. But the field is the ENTIRE galaxy is it not?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

gibmachine
01.05.2013 , 12:18 AM | #29
Malgus cause Foundry.

Extermination droids aside, Foundry gives him nearly limitless army-building potential. He can simply sit on his arse all day and let stealth fleet zerg everything. Lose few ships? No problem, more are coming as we speak.

Either destroy the Foundry or kill Malgus himself. Otherwise, he wins.
The earth begins to rumble and your foes begin to tremble. You come and destruction comes with you.

Draanok

Wolfninjajedi
01.05.2013 , 12:43 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by gibmachine View Post
Malgus cause Foundry.

Extermination droids aside, Foundry gives him nearly limitless army-building potential. He can simply sit on his arse all day and let stealth fleet zerg everything. Lose few ships? No problem, more are coming as we speak.

Either destroy the Foundry or kill Malgus himself. Otherwise, he wins.
Xizor is pretty much the same way, he is *********** LOADED. Not to mention, he would have access to underworld tech which isn't the normal of what everyone would see. The Black Market has unique and interesting tech, that Xizor would be able to aquire.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.