Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 06:50 AM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 4: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

Welcome to the fourth heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, Tyber Zann vs G0-T0, fell in the droids favour. For although Tyber’s powerful consortium drove G0-T0 into a corner, his opponent was a slippery as an Adegan eel and anticipated Zann’s every move, and eventually had him 'deleted'. But onto round four.

For all those of you aren't aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s go over the ground rules again:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers apart from those listed below. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Serevin, Savan.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons, e.g. the Foundry.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

Permitted Allies:

Darth Malgus: HK-47

Prince Xizor: Guri

So, the combatants: Darth Malgus was one of the Sith Empire’s greatest champions, he was a brilliant strategist, powerful adversary, strong with the lightsaber and the in the Force – a persevering juggernaut. While Prince Xizor was a charismatic, cold and patient criminal mastermind.

Malgus had command over the legions of his ‘New Empire’, an army of droids, mercenaries, soldiers and Sith. As well as a host of advanced and ancient technology, including a stealth fleet. And Xizor had the assets, reach, influence and wealth of the Black Sun – the most infamous crime syndicate in the galaxy – at his disposal. As well as a vast amount of intelligence, surpassing that of the Galactic Empire. But when the crime consortium does battle with the might of an Empire, who will win?

Let the Kaggath begin!

Ausstig
01.04.2013 , 07:30 AM | #2
Malgus will win, because he was introduced in op first.
Have Force lightning will travel

MasterMe
01.04.2013 , 07:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
Interesting logic lol

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 07:35 AM | #4
Lol, but Tyber Zann didn't win did he?

Ausstig
01.04.2013 , 07:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Interesting logic lol
G0-T0 was introduced first and he won same with Revan. 1/2 with Grevious and Mando.

The patterns are there buried in the data.

Or Xizor could just try to get Malgus to sleep with him or does that only wok on members of the opposite sex?

Ausstig
01.04.2013 , 07:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, but Tyber Zann didn't win did he?
I meant in your last two paragraphs.

Also Malgus was in SWTOR so he would be more popular here any way.

Also what's with the point score what does that mean?

Or is this like QI?

MasterMe
01.04.2013 , 07:39 AM | #7
Woah! Malgus gets HK? He's a difference maker.

Anyhow: I love Malgus. I really do. But I feel that Xizor is just gonna have so much bribing and underworld power that this battle is gonna be something that Malgus ain't good at. Malgus isn't gonna be able to send in his army because:
A he doesn't know where Xizor is (I think?)
B Xizor's 'army' will simply run from a fight will they not? He's not going to engage Maglus in a full-on battle (at least not until he's foun some legit advantage)

I think that Malgus's ONLY hope in this battle is to assassinate Xizor. He'd have to use HK, a strike team (he's good at organizing strike teams), himself, or all of the above. Basically, if he can't assassinate Xizor, then he loses.

MasterMe
01.04.2013 , 07:42 AM | #8
I'm 3-0 on this Kaggath tournement so far! I hope I can keep up my winning streak!

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 07:48 AM | #9
I meant in your last two paragraphs.

Also Malgus was in SWTOR so he would be more popular here any way.

Also what's with the point score what does that mean?

Or is this like QI?
Well I normally only use the points system for really close matches, but someone requested a score for the first debate so I just thought I'd do it for all of them. The point system basically tots up all the arguments made by either side, and the better they are the more points they get. G0-T0 won this one because Warren Stride bombarded the argument with a dozen different ways to kill Tyber Zann, and another couple of dozen as to how he would undermine his power base. Course there are other factors as well i.e. how smart the opponent is, connections, personal strength etc. Really its just a sure fire way of deciding a victor without be overlooking points (cause there are often tons) or having a personal bias. But there's no point anymore (pun not intended) because you've uncovered my evil plan!

But anyway, back to the debate. Who's gonna win this?

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 07:54 AM | #10
Or Xizor could just try to get Malgus to sleep with him or does that only wok on members of the opposite sex?
Oh and yes, pheromones do work on the opposite sex. But that's just... creepy. *shudder*