Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sudden Log-in Problems

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

urborror
01.03.2013 , 09:59 AM | #1
Game has been working fine for weeks, suddenly last night and this morning when logging on I'll be dumped to the server-selection screen.

Sometimes I can't connect to server. Sometimes the game can't retrieve the server list. Sometimes I get my character-list from the Shadowlands, and it'll dump me after a lengthy loading bar saying I disconnected. It's all kinda out of nowhere, just wondering whether I should wait it out (server problem) or if it's something on my end.

I suppose it's possible my ISP is going down for 3 seconds every minute or something, wondering if that could cause the problem?

Cerimon
01.03.2013 , 10:08 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings urborror,

Please play an existing character or create a new one on another server for fifteen minutes and then exit the game completely. Then attempt to login with the character with the issue and let us know if this resolves the problem.

Thanks.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

urborror
01.03.2013 , 10:24 AM | #3
Just got into the Shadowlands for 5 minutes, ran around and "lost connection," got booted back to the server screen.

From the server list, I couldn't connect to other servers, then.

It all seems to be part of the same problem that started last night. I can tell the game is screwed up because I'll load my character and the loading bar doesn't even appear for 30 seconds--even when it successfully loaded my character the loading bar didn't appear for a while.

My Internet seems to be working pretty consistently outside the game.

matthewwilder
01.03.2013 , 10:37 AM | #4
I had the same problem last night.

Also, I continue to look for a server to join a guild and get started and I can't do that either.

I managed to log in at about 12:15 AM EST and finished the installation and downloading. Now I just need a server and guild to join. I hope it doesn't take too long.

Cerimon
01.03.2013 , 11:42 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
urborror,

We need to verify your game asset files are in a good state so please log into the launcher and before pressing play click on the cog icon and choose repair. Run the repair utility multiple times until there is no indication of files being repaired.

We also need to ensure there is nothing blocking your game connectivity. To do that please perform the following steps:
  1. Remove and re-add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to your firewall and anti-virus exceptions.
  2. Disable any third party port-manager software like peerblocker that may be running.
  3. If you are on a college campus or other network which may have port ranges blocked on a network level, contact your IT department or system administrator for advice. The TCP port numbers are 80, 8995 and 12000-12999.

Feel free to post again if your issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support