Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
01.03.2013 , 10:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Phorenzyk View Post
there's a 491 page thread over in story & lore of people who've been waiting for this since the game launched. a few lines of dialogue may seem silly to you, but to them, it's a sign that bioware's finally starting to give them what they've been fleetingly promised for so long.

doesn't seem too unreasonable to finally throw them some bread to chew on while bioware keeps preparing the full course, y'know?
There is a nearly 100 page thread on the long-ago promised hood toggle. Not a single response there. Who's gonna throw us something? 15 quid hood-down robed armor sets? Sgr is gonna be cheaper and account wide.

Drebs
01.03.2013 , 10:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:
  • Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.
The thing is, if they're already including a romancable NPC, making the romance compatible for both genders is pretty much a matter of recording a few different lines of dialogue. Given the scope of what goes into writing and planning a planet full of stories, including the option for SGRs seems pretty miniscule.

The items you're suggesting on this list are activities that would take some significant development time and probably affect a number of systems in the game. Having SGRs does not effect any of those other projects.

Phorenzyk
01.03.2013 , 10:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Well I seiousely doubt what they want is some poorly thrown together content just to pander to them and shut them up. Either do it right or don't do it at all.... ...Fixing the game and providing long terms content for everyone should be the priority. SGR should come but not hastily.
i will have to agree with you there. i'm hoping against hope that it isn't shoddily done.

on the flip side, this does represent bioware starting to make good on old promises. maybe we can get some of those promised fixes along with it.

Ravager
01.03.2013 , 10:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Drebs View Post
The thing is, if they're already including a romancable NPC, making the romance compatible for both genders is pretty much a matter of recording a few different lines of dialogue. Given the scope of what goes into writing and planning a planet full of stories, including the option for SGRs seems pretty miniscule.

The items you're suggesting on this list are activities that would take some significant development time and probably affect a number of systems in the game. Having SGRs does not effect any of those other projects.
I agree. Comparing what SGR's would be in Makeb with the SSSP is an unfair comparison, IMO, as the SGR's in Makeb will be on the scale of what NPC "flirtations" are in the main game--and, if they are already coding the romance for one gender anyway, the matter of making it available to both is simple.
Sexy Panther Fighting Corps!(Spfc!) Selkath.com Forums
The most awesome clubs on Earth. We have a mascot. We are working on the laundromat.
Buskar- The Casual Mandalorian Swinging And Hanging Around Guild

TheBBP
01.03.2013 , 10:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
the matter of making it available to both is simple.
Simple? As in so simple they are just now being included?

Noted.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Ravager
01.03.2013 , 10:35 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Simple? As in so simple they are just now being included?

Noted.
No, as in simple if they are already recording new dialogue and coding the conversations for Makeb with the knowledge that they want both genders to be able to experience the various romances. When the game came out, they clearly had not made a decision on whether to include SGR's or not.

It was stated in the beta and afterwards that they promised to include SGR's in the future, after they had already coded and recorded the vanilla game. Going back and changing the vanilla game, of course, would be difficult for the various plot flags and voice actors that would need to be returned. But that's not what they are doing.
Sexy Panther Fighting Corps!(Spfc!) Selkath.com Forums
The most awesome clubs on Earth. We have a mascot. We are working on the laundromat.
Buskar- The Casual Mandalorian Swinging And Hanging Around Guild

Grimmig
01.03.2013 , 10:35 AM | #17
Honestly if they had just avoided male/female references in their VOs for the original romance option companions SGR could have been in since launch.

Kailyo calls you Agent enough times, as long as her dialogue didn't contain "Hey big boy, come over here" then SGR would have worked just fine from the beginning. A little bit of forethought on the part of their writers and this issue would be a non.

As far as SGR being included in the game... sure, why not? I'm all for my Marauder chick spending some quality time with Jaesa... and I would likewise be entertained if Torian disliked my Bounty Hunter for spurning his advances because he's no competition against Mako. Hell he's already been trying to start up a bromance since he got on board, if some people want to let him finish the job then fine.

Whatever makes the game fun for you. I do maintain that with some thought out writing from the start for the VO scripts, this wouldn't even be a discussion had there been companions of each gender flagged as romance options regardless of character gender.
How do I get my Cartel Market issue fixed?
Ticket: 1801447312 Resolved on 1/21/2013, issue began on 12/11/2012
I can't post or reply because I let my sub lapse. I can't log a ticket in game either.
M0-T0 closes web tickets telling me to call Support, they say log a ticket in game.

Marmerus
01.03.2013 , 10:36 AM | #18
SGR should be included. I can't see any reason why it was not included before the release besides lack of funding / money and time.

Now that SWTOR is doing so well and has millions of subscribers and is currently killing WoW they should be able to afford to record a couple of dialogues to make this happen.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

Master-Nala
01.03.2013 , 10:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmig View Post
Honestly if they had just avoided male/female references in their VOs for the original romance option companions SGR could have been in since launch.

Kailyo calls you Agent enough times, as long as her dialogue didn't contain "Hey big boy, come over here" then SGR would have worked just fine from the beginning. I little bit of forethought on the part of their writers and this issue would be a non.

As far as SGR being included in the game... sure, why not? I'm all for my Marauder chick spending some quality time with Jaesa... and I would likewise be entertained if Torian disliked my Bounty Hunter for spurning his advances because he's no competition against Mako. Hell he's already been trying to start up a bromance since he got on board, if some people want to let him finish the job then fine.

Whatever makes the game fun for you. I do maintain that with some thought out writing from the start for the VO scripts, this wouldn't even be a discussion had there been companions of each gender flagged as romance options regardless of character gender.
I also bet that had this been in the game from the beginning like with Dragon Age and Mass Effect then there would have been no controversy.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

althene
01.03.2013 , 10:53 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmig View Post

Kailyo calls you Agent enough times, as long as her dialogue didn't contain "Hey big boy, come over here" then SGR would have worked just fine from the beginning. A little bit of forethought on the part of their writers and this issue would be a non.

Pretty much this and what Master Nala posted above me.

Althought it may be simply a matter of getting the voice actors together for one day simply to record a "neutral gender" splice for companion dialog where things get intricate. It might sound kinda funny unless they take care, but in the grand scheme of things, the "relationship" conversations are so short that a patch job could be just as good as a ful VoiceOver.